Windows 10: Random Applications open or wrong keyboard is triggered -Using external Apple Keyboard and...

Discus and support Random Applications open or wrong keyboard is triggered -Using external Apple Keyboard and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I need your help! When I enter zero, the Microsoft Office Word doc opens, and on zero, it closes. When I type, a random bracket shows. The arrows enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FrustratedWindowsUser-2, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Random Applications open or wrong keyboard is triggered -Using external Apple Keyboard and...

I need your help! When I enter zero, the Microsoft Office Word doc opens, and on zero, it closes. When I type, a random bracket shows. The arrows enter //=How can I go about this? And just some random things show upI'm using an Apple keyboard. ASUS Zenbook and Microsoft. Many of the things I tried, such as - Removing Sticky key or -Fixing it at the control panel and many morePlease help

:)

FrustratedWindowsUser-2, Nov 29, 2023
  2. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Nov 29, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Random applications opening when pressing any key on the keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that pressing keys in the keyboard opens random application, we will look into this for you. Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you tried using an external keyboard?

In the meantime, you can try the methods mentioned below:

Disable Sticky and Filter keys:

You can also try to disable the Sticky keys and Filter keys and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
      . This will open Control Panel.
    3. Click on View by and select
      Large icons
    4. Click on Ease of Access Center.
    5. Click on Make the keyboard easier to use.
    6. Uncheck the checkbox for Turn on Sticky Keys and Turn on Filter Keys.
    7. Click on Apply and OK.

Disable WindowsInkWorkspace:

To disable WindowsInkWorkspace, please follow the steps mentioned below:

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
    Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      OK
    3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace
    4. If you don’t find WindowsInkWorkspace key then, right click on
      Microsoft key, click on New and click Key.
    5. Rename the new key as WindowsInkWorkspace.
    6. On the right hand pane, right click select
      New
      , and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    7. Rename the key as AllowWindowsInkWorkspace.
    8. Double click on the value and set the value as
    9. Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use an external keyboard and check if you are facing the same issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Wile E Win User

Random Applications open or wrong keyboard is triggered -Using external Apple Keyboard and...

PrntScrn-button not available on Apple-keyboard when using WinXP?!

F14 is Print Screen in Windows. I use an Apple Keyboard in Windows all the time.

EDIT: Accidentally listed the wrong key the first time. It is now corrected.

Wile E, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

Random Applications open or wrong keyboard is triggered -Using external Apple Keyboard and...

1. Random Applications open or wrong keyboard is triggered -Using external Apple Keyboard and... - Similar Threads - Random Applications open

2. Random Applications open or wrong keyboard is triggered -Using external Apple Keyboard and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Applications open or wrong keyboard is triggered -Using external Apple Keyboard and...: I need your help! When I enter zero, the Microsoft Office Word doc opens, and on zero, it closes. When I type, a random bracket shows. The arrows enter //=How can I go about this? And just some random things show upI'm using an Apple keyboard. ASUS Zenbook and Microsoft. Many...
  3. Ctrl key automatically triggers in external keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl key automatically triggers in external keyboard.: I have a strange bug with the keyboard, the ctrl key gets triggered automatically, this is how it started I bought this keyboard a month back 10 to 20 minutes into using the keyboard the control key gets triggered and I made sure this is not the key boards fault per se. I...
  4. Ctrl key automatically triggers in external keyboard.

Ctrl key automatically triggers in external keyboard.: I have a strange bug with the keyboard, the ctrl key gets triggered automatically, this is how it started I bought this keyboard a month back 10 to 20 minutes into using the keyboard the control key gets triggered and I made sure this is not the key boards fault per se. I...
  5. External Keyboards Inputs are Random.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Keyboards Inputs are Random.: I'm rewriting my question because I feel like I left out too much. My external keyboard seems to be having an issue where typing certain letters results in strange outcomes. This doesn't happen all of the time, it only seems to happen in MOST apps and games and only when...
  6. External Keyboards Inputs are Random.

External Keyboards Inputs are Random.: I'm rewriting my question because I feel like I left out too much. My external keyboard seems to be having an issue where typing certain letters results in strange outcomes. This doesn't happen all of the time, it only seems to happen in MOST apps and games and only when...
  7. Apple keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apple keyboard: I'm looking for a new keyboard to be used for some gaming (not too much) and I immediately though of an RGB one because the gaming typically happens at - you guessed it - at night. Now, I know that an RGB gaming keyboard can also be non-mechanical (a membrane one), but I'd...
  8. Apple keyboard & mouse to use windows10

Apple keyboard & mouse to use windows10: I just installed windows 10 on my Mac and its "working" ok but do I need a wired windows keyboard and mouse, can I use my Apple devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apple-keyboard-mouse-to-use-windows10/2323d9a9-15c1-4da8-9fc6-1d9aee2b8ba5
  9. keyboard opens wrong programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard opens wrong programs: My Asus ROG Maximus PC ( Asus ROG Claymore keyboard ) started to work incorrectly because when I try to type using the keyboard it opens different programs instead of typing. I scanned my computer because I thought the issue is caused by malware or virus. However the virus...
  10. Can I use external Apple keyboard on Windows 10 PC?

Can I use external Apple keyboard on Windows 10 PC?: Hi everyone: I have my old external Apple keyboard from my old Mac cheese grater. This one: [img] I really like that keyboard, so I was wondering if I can use it on my Windows 10 desktop PC? (That has no Apple hardware, so it's not a bootcamp type setup.) 117433