Windows 10: Random apps are crashing

Discus and support Random apps are crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cant Figure out how or why this is happeningSo Spotify will open up and it freezes for a moment and it crashesRazer Synapse same thingAnd when i open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ohlookaname, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Random apps are crashing

I cant Figure out how or why this is happeningSo Spotify will open up and it freezes for a moment and it crashesRazer Synapse same thingAnd when i open up Windows security and click on Protection history. it gives you the alert of like if you are the real adminstrator normal stuffBut after that it crashes toGet help app it crashes.However its only those spefic appsSome others are working fine and i cant figure out how or why its happening.

:)

Ohlookaname, Feb 18, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 18, 2022
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Feb 18, 2022
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random apps are crashing

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

Random apps are crashing

1. Random apps are crashing - Similar Threads - Random apps are

2. Windows 11 Randomly crashing apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Randomly crashing apps.: Hello,I have installed Win11 for like a month or so. The last couple of weeks my PC started behaving really weird, it closes crashes randomly my open apps.First I thought it had to be something wrong with the windows installation, so I did a clean install. Unfortunatly I got...
  3. Windows 11 Randomly crashing apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Randomly crashing apps.: Hello,I have installed Win11 for like a month or so. The last couple of weeks my PC started behaving really weird, it closes crashes randomly my open apps.First I thought it had to be something wrong with the windows installation, so I did a clean install. Unfortunatly I got...
  4. Random crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes: My PC randomly when playing games will crash and i will be able to hear a buzzing sound coming through my headphones. I also have a problem where my HDD is under 100% load after booting the PC for around 5 minutes due to services such as Antimalware Service Executable,...
  5. Random apps are crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random apps are crashing: I cant Figure out how or why this is happeningSo Spotify will open up and it freezes for a moment and it crashesRazer Synapse same thingAnd when i open up Windows security and click on Protection history. it gives you the alert of like if you are the real adminstrator normal...
  6. Random apps are crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random apps are crashing: I cant Figure out how or why this is happeningSo Spotify will open up and it freezes for a moment and it crashesRazer Synapse same thingAnd when i open up Windows security and click on Protection history. it gives you the alert of like if you are the real adminstrator normal...
  7. Random Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Crashes: When im using my computer it randomly crashes. I could be playing or just watching a video and crash everything. I sometimes get the blue screen of death and other times my screen goes black. It's very frustrating because i cant do my office work without the worry losing my...
  8. Random crashing

Random crashing: Hi, I have been getting random crashes starting about 2-3 weeks ago.This is when I am playing games, both screens crash, but the system does seem to still be working.I need to reset to beable to get the screens up .From what I could see it was LightingServices which I have...
  9. Windows Mail App crashes randomly

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App crashes randomly: I have mail app installed (Version 17.9001.21125.0) and it randomly crashes. It has been doing this for the last 4 months and updates haven't helped. To troubleshoot, I removed all the accounts and only kept the activesync account but that didn't make any difference. I...
  10. Random app crashes / BSOD

Random app crashes / BSOD: Hi, I'm having a lot of issues with a system I recently assembled. Apps like Word, Outlook and Firefox are randomly crashing, BSODs from time to time, and the PC sometimes crashes directly after sleep-mode. I've tried the following: -clean install -updating bios...