Windows 10: Random Apps are opening from different keys

Discus and support Random Apps are opening from different keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I was using a program pressing 's' opened the search bar menu or the file explorer, pressing 'p' opened 'project your pc' menu and typing stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ayush10, May 16, 2020.

1. Ayush10 Win User

Random Apps are opening from different keys

When I was using a program pressing 's' opened the search bar menu or the file explorer, pressing 'p' opened 'project your pc' menu and typing stopped working. Can someone please help me? This happens only when I open Minecraft.

:)

Ayush10, May 16, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Random Apps are opening from different keys :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 16, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 16, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Random applications opening when pressing any key on the keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that pressing keys in the keyboard opens random application, we will look into this for you. Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you tried using an external keyboard?

In the meantime, you can try the methods mentioned below:

Disable Sticky and Filter keys:

You can also try to disable the Sticky keys and Filter keys and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
      . This will open Control Panel.
    3. Click on View by and select
      Large icons
    4. Click on Ease of Access Center.
    5. Click on Make the keyboard easier to use.
    6. Uncheck the checkbox for Turn on Sticky Keys and Turn on Filter Keys.
    7. Click on Apply and OK.

Disable WindowsInkWorkspace:

To disable WindowsInkWorkspace, please follow the steps mentioned below:

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
    Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      OK
    3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace
    4. If you don’t find WindowsInkWorkspace key then, right click on
      Microsoft key, click on New and click Key.
    5. Rename the new key as WindowsInkWorkspace.
    6. On the right hand pane, right click select
      New
      , and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    7. Rename the key as AllowWindowsInkWorkspace.
    8. Double click on the value and set the value as
    9. Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use an external keyboard and check if you are facing the same issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Random Apps are opening from different keys - Similar Threads - Random Apps are

2. Random app I think keeps opening randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random app I think keeps opening randomly: While using my pc, a random application opens, and closes instantly. this happens twice in a spam of less than a second. While playing video games, it randomly open forcing the game to close. I hear the microsoft notification. I've started using this pc after reinstalling...
  3. Random app I think keeps opening randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random app I think keeps opening randomly: While using my pc, a random application opens, and closes instantly. this happens twice in a spam of less than a second. While playing video games, it randomly open forcing the game to close. I hear the microsoft notification. I've started using this pc after reinstalling...
  4. Random apps don't want to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random apps don't want to open: Hello! I recently factory reset my PC and I've noticed an issue. I can not open some of my apps. At first I couldn't open the settings app, but after a restart, I can't open Opera GX. I've tried restarting, but it still won't open. Any fixes?...
  5. Simultaneously open multiple files with different apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simultaneously open multiple files with different apps: From Windows 10 file explorer, I cannot simultaneously open multiple files with different apps. For example, I want to open a .docx file with Word, a .xlsx file with Excel, and .pdf file with Adobe at the same time. When I select the files I want to open and click enter or...
  6. Keys randomly start doing different things

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keys randomly start doing different things: The keys on my laptop's keyboard randomly do different things other than type. My only way out of it is by restarting my laptop. I have sticky keys off and the shortcut is off. I just checked settings, and all the sticky keys settings are off. It's quite annoying when I'm...
  7. Downloading apps from a different pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading apps from a different pc: A couple years ago, I bought Minecraft windows 10 edition on my asus laptop. I do not use this laptop anymore as i have a brand new pc. I really want to get Minecraft but when i try to add it says i dont own it. someone please please:...
  8. Random apps open on resuming from sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random apps open on resuming from sleep/hibernate: What's going on here and how do I stop it? It's like its possessed or something. Only immediately after resuming from sleep. Since one of the recent updates in the past month I'm not certain which exactly, a random app opens immediately upon resuming from sleep. The apps...
  9. Random keys would open up different files/apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random keys would open up different files/apps.: So basically, I’m having a problem with my laptop (ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 SERIES). Whenever I press the ‘W’ key, Whiteboard would show up, ‘F’ would open Feedback Hub, ‘E’ would open files, you get the point. This is also WITHOUT me pressing the Windows key. It would start to...
  10. Open tasks from different taskbars

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open tasks from different taskbars: I use an extended monitor and when I click a taskbar icon there, the app opens up on this extended monitor. But I want to open it on my main monitor. So I need to minimize this task, then click the taskbar icon on the main monitor to open it there. Is it possible to do the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pressing buttons opens app

2. keys on my keyboard are opening random applications