Windows 10: Random audio and video glitches and lag during playback, need fix.

Discus and support Random audio and video glitches and lag during playback, need fix. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good day. During audio playback, I occasionally get glitchy spots in audio, similar to trying to play a scratched CD. Sounds get distorted into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Professor_Cryogen, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Random audio and video glitches and lag during playback, need fix.

Good day.

During audio playback, I occasionally get glitchy spots in audio, similar to trying to play a scratched CD. Sounds get distorted into something similar to TV static, drag for half a second, then proceed as normal. The glitches never happen in the same place twice, which I tested by rewinding when they happen.

They also only seem to happen when I'm wearing headphones.

On youtube videos the video seems to lag momentarily as well during glitches. I think the issue also affects VLC media player, as when scrubbing through videos or pressing a directional key to skip forwards/backwards some seconds, the video plays for some seconds without any audio.

I am open to any and all ideas on how to fix this, thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Professor_Cryogen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Professor_Cryogen, Jan 1, 2021

2. Glitchy Audio and Lagging Cursor

I have some new bluetooth speakers, however, whenever I try to listen to a video online or to some music the audio keeps on glitching out and the overall sound quality is bad. Is there anyway I can fix this? I already troubleshooted using the control panel
    audio trouble shooter but it didn't work. And along with this, my mouse cursor has begun to lag horribly across the screen, can anyone give me suggestions on how to fix this? It would be greatly appreciated.

FlavorSpice, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Glitches in Windows 10 audio playback

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshoot” without quotes in search and click on
      Troubleshooting in the results displayed on the left side of the screen.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click Audio playback and follow the on-screen instructions.

After running the troubleshooter, try to install the audio drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps:

1) Press Windows + X and select
    Device manager.

2) Select Audio input and output.

3) Right click on driver and select update driver software.

4) Next follow the instructions to install it.

If the issue still persists, the rollback the driver and check the issue.

To rollback:

• Right click on driver.

• Select Properties and click on
      Driver tab.

• Now select Rollback driver.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the updated status of the issue. We'll be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Random audio and video glitches and lag during playback, need fix.

Video and audio lagging on Windows 10

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I apologize for the late reply and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to kindly provide me with the following information.

• Which media are you using to play audio or video files?

• Are you playing online videos and audio?
    I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article given below and check if that helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Random audio and video glitches and lag during playback, need fix.

1. Random audio and video glitches and lag during playback, need fix. - Similar Threads - Random audio video

2. Video PLAYBACK LAG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video PLAYBACK LAG: Hello, I have a dell precision 5570 with WIN10 PRO. I have a problem - when I play a movie - video starting slowly - it takes about ~20s to start playing, but when i turn off wifi adapter - video starts immediately.all drivers are up to date...
  3. Video PLAYBACK LAG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video PLAYBACK LAG: Hello, I have a dell precision 5570 with WIN10 PRO. I have a problem - when I play a movie - video starting slowly - it takes about ~20s to start playing, but when i turn off wifi adapter - video starts immediately.all drivers are up to date...
  4. Video PLAYBACK LAG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No audio or video playback.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No audio or video playback.: My laptop has Windows 10 home. The audio and video is not working. Widows updates are current. I have run the windows troubleshooter and laptop diagnostics but to no avail. Please can someone advise if this is a windows issue and how I can fix it? Many thanks...
  6. Audio/Video becomes more and more out of sync during playback

Audio/Video becomes more and more out of sync during playback: When playing a video, whether it is streaming online or viewing a video stored on the computer, the audio and video gradually become out of sync. During the first few minutes it isn't really noticeable, but after 5 minutes or so the audio will be a few seconds out of sync...
  7. Video Playback & Audio Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Playback & Audio Problems: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  8. Audio stutters and lags during video and audio streams

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio stutters and lags during video and audio streams: Hi! Watching youtube and other stuff is not pleasing for my ears anymore, audio lags and stutters, no matter what audio source I am using. Here is a screenshot from latency mon: https://imgur.com/a/KmxGuNt Cpu does not throttle and bios in on the latest version Hope...
  9. All video and audio playback on laptop suddenly lagging?

All video and audio playback on laptop suddenly lagging?: Sometimes I'll be listening to music or watching videos on my laptop when suddenly and completely randomly, all kinds of playback - video and audio - suddenly starts playing at half their usual speed and all audio has this dreadful static-y sound behind it. I would describe...
  10. Glitch with audio playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Glitch with audio playback device: Whenever I plug my headphones into my computer, it will begin to rapidly reassign my audio playback device among all available options. (For example: It would switch between "High Definition Audio Device" and "NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device). I have since attempted to...