Windows 10: Random Beep

Discus and support Random Beep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I originally upgraded 7 to 10 and ran that for about 3 weeks, some odd issues came up and decided to wipe out everything and reinstall 10 from the ISO.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wjbodin3, Sep 4, 2015.

1. wjbodin3 Win User

Random Beep

I originally upgraded 7 to 10 and ran that for about 3 weeks, some odd issues came up and decided to wipe out everything and reinstall 10 from the ISO. Well off topic for this question the wipe drive option on installing 10 did not delete anything from my hard drive for some reason, unless windows 10 makes folders with dates back to 2011 on install which is when I first got this computer.

But to my actual question during both the time I spent just upgraded and now with the system with a fresh install I seem to be randomly getting a beep at various times that I can not even use process monitor to track down, it shows no sound activity for mp3 or wav when I get this chime/beep.

I have gone through all sound settings and its none of the ones used, I also have gone through the media folder and played each file there and none match this sound. IF this was the old dos days I would call this a system beep from the PC speaker but its playing though the speakers external to the computer itself.

Google has turned up similar issues but none that match software that I run...in the time it took me to type the first part of this line it went off twice, no notifications appear in the action center to go with it.

:)

wjbodin3, Sep 4, 2015

2. X6 random beeping / bleeping

Dont know about beep beep but i often get a random single beep when traveling i thought it was something to do with the signal .

jje

jjegan---01, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Beeping when I move mouse at random times

I hope this is posted in the right place

There is random beep that keeps coming up. I truly is random, I can't seem to find any pattern to match when the beeping is occurring. I only think it might have something to do with my mousepad because the beeping seems to occur more often when I move my
    mouse furiously. Sometimes the beep will occur multiple times with the same motion, but then it stops. I try a different type of motion until I find another that elicits another beep or two, but then it stops. Just now, I tried scrolling with the sidebar,
    and it seemed to elicit a beep each time I went up, but only four times and now I can't get it to beep again.

So... completely random beep, seems to happen more often when I move my mouse. I just upgraded to 10, it's an Acer Aspire R 14

SoftDragon, Sep 4, 2015
  4. Random Beep

You didn't say anything about doing a malware check. I would have run Malwarebytes by now. Indeed, after the Win10 upgrade, I was flabbergasted to find 73 objects that were clearly malware (PUPs), and I wondered at all if Windows Defender was working. Curiously only after Malwarebytes had detected and cleaned up the system, then Windows Defender throws up an alert probably detecting what Malwarebytes had already cleaned up!

Then you should make sure that you have the latest drivers for your hardware: check in with the maker of your sound device and see if they have drivers recently for Win10. Try disabling and re-enabling, and even try uninstalling and let Win10 find a driver.

mavigozler, Sep 4, 2015
  5. wjbodin3 Win User
    Multiple scans with mb and other programs all clean and using the drivers that 10 installed for sound

wjbodin3, Sep 4, 2015
  6. ram1220 Win User
    Does your system slow down at all around the time the beeps occur. From what I am reading the beeps could be that your CPU is starting to overheat and is being throttled back. The beeps are telling you of this event.

ram1220, Sep 4, 2015
  7. wjbodin3 Win User
    No slow down and all temps lower then under same load in win 7

wjbodin3, Sep 4, 2015
  8. saratojo Win User

Random Beep

Here's what solved this for me. It appears that if you have Clipmate installed, then Clipmate (by default) "boings" you 1) when another app clears the clipboard or 2) when clipboard data is ignored/rejected. Assuming you are running Clipboard 7 (or perhaps earlier versions as well), you can turn off these sounds.

Go to Clipmate, Options, Sounds and turn off "clipboard data cleared by another app" and "clipboard data ignored/rejected". You can even listen to the sounds that each particular option makes before you turn them off. I tested and it was indeed the sounds that were driving me crazy.This problem will be especially frequent if you use other applications that are accessing the clipboard frequently (like Phrase Express or KeePass, for example).

Since I've turned off those two Clipmate options, the random (or what seemed random) sounds are blessedly gone.

Good luck.

saratojo, Apr 19, 2016
  9. wjbodin3 Win User
    Sorry no clipmate here never even heard of it before now

wjbodin3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random Beep

1. Random Beep - Similar Threads - Random Beep

2. Random beeping through speakers, search boxes opening randomly and typing "-bn/"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random beeping through speakers, search boxes opening randomly and typing "-bn/": I installed a new CPU and immediately had an issue where the pc would force a normal shutdown. It would beep through the speakers before closing all my windows and shutting down as if I had clicked "Shut Down" or pressed the power button, not a sudden loss of power. It was...
  3. Random beeping through speakers, search boxes opening randomly and typing "-bn/"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random beeping through speakers, search boxes opening randomly and typing "-bn/": I installed a new CPU and immediately had an issue where the pc would force a normal shutdown. It would beep through the speakers before closing all my windows and shutting down as if I had clicked "Shut Down" or pressed the power button, not a sudden loss of power. It was...
  4. Random beeping through speakers, search boxes opening randomly and typing "-bn/"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My PC crashes ever so randomly and then it makes a defening beep in my each, only the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC crashes ever so randomly and then it makes a defening beep in my each, only the...: Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-crashes-ever-so-randomly-and-then-it-makes-a/a6c1a7ca-d207-4552-970c-dd9fe553ebb0
  6. My PC crashes ever so randomly and then it makes a defening beep in my each, only the...

My PC crashes ever so randomly and then it makes a defening beep in my each, only the...: Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-crashes-ever-so-randomly-and-then-it-makes-a/a6c1a7ca-d207-4552-970c-dd9fe553ebb0
  7. My PC crashes ever so randomly and then it makes a defening beep in my each, only the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Random beeping on windows 10

Random beeping on windows 10: I keep getting a random beeping sound every 2 minutes on my windows 10 computer and I don’t know why I closed all my applications and and turned off system sound but it keeps playin...
  9. Random beeping on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random beeping on windows 10: I keep getting a random beeping sound every 2 minutes on my windows 10 computer and I don’t know why I closed all my applications and and turned off system sound but it keeps playin...
  10. Random beeping on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming