Windows 10: Random big fps drops in games

Discus and support Random big fps drops in games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a huge problem, my fps randomly drops to 15-40 fps just out of nowhere. This has been happening for three months now (and I'm posting about this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by That One KIHA, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Random big fps drops in games

I have a huge problem, my fps randomly drops to 15-40 fps just out of nowhere. This has been happening for three months now (and I'm posting about this just now lmao) and I still don't know what's going on.

I usually play games that meet my PC specs, but most of them I play on medium settings, and I don't believe that it's graphics or world rendering causing this because the fps drops even if I'm standing still in games, not doing anything and nothing is happening around me. I can't be the components overheating because their temperatures are going up to 45°C and I just recently cleaned my PC and put a new termal paste on the CPU. The components aren't old either, I got new CPU, motherboard and RAM card this spring, and I kept my GPU from last november or december.

At first, when I got new components, there were no fps drops, they started somewhere in august this year.

I searched the whole Internet and didn't find the solution to my problem.

What I tried so far was:

• disabling game DVR,
    • turning off game mode,
    • reinstalling Windows (twice),
    • doing first two again,
    • searching for driver updates (my drivers are always up-to-date, I try to update the every week),
    • uninstalling some programs I didn't need and which I thought were the issue,
    • increasing the speed of RAM.

None of that helped, the fps drops stayed, and I'm here crying in the corner because I don't know what to do, so please help however and how much you can, thanks.

Oh, and my PC specs:

CPU - AMD FX-8350

GPU - AMD RX550

8GB RAM 1833Hz

Motherboard - BIOSTAR A960D+V3

:)

That One KIHA, Nov 24, 2019

2. Random FPS Drops on Windows 10

So, this has only happened on windows 10. Every single game i can play on my laptop always has this random FPS drops.

It is like when im playing the game and it handles normally. Then randomly a FPS drop happenes. Which makes my experience with the game worse. After the FPS drop, it goes back to normal. And it repeats. (FPS drop stays for a lot of minutes, and the normal
    doesnt.)

Any ideas? Please tell me if you know or find out!

EmonPlaysEveryThingy -YA, Nov 24, 2019
  3. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Random big fps drops in games

PC performace and random FPS Drops and LAG

My PC has been doing this weird thing.... it keeps on having random FPS drops, I usually run at 60 FPS on Fortnite and higher, now every 5 or 3 minutes my game stops and slows down to 30 or 20 FPS and lags,, then goes back to normal and this happens constantly
    please help I'm desperate...

JoeyShewchuk, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Random big fps drops in games

1. Random big fps drops in games - Similar Threads - Random big fps

2. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  3. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  4. Random FPS drop across all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random FPS drop across all games: I was playing some Rocket League when I noticed that I was only getting 20 fps, which is unusual because I usually get around 80. Same in Fortnite too, 20 fps where I was getting like 90-120 fps. I did not install anything besides a few drivers updated and a BIOS update. I...
  5. Random FPS drop across all games

Random FPS drop across all games: I was playing some Rocket League when I noticed that I was only getting 20 fps, which is unusual because I usually get around 80. Same in Fortnite too, 20 fps where I was getting like 90-120 fps. I did not install anything besides a few drivers updated and a BIOS update. I...
  6. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  7. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  8. Big fps drops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Big fps drops: I have fps drops to 7 or 10 in all games here's my gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzR8dR_fWK4 My specs are: AMD ryzen 5 2600xGtx 1060 3gbG.Skill Aegis 16gb ram 3200MhzSSD 240gbAorus B450 Myesterday i had 160+fps...
  9. In game fps drop, big ram usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In game fps drop, big ram usage: Hello, I need help! Recently I asked one of your employees about '' Ram consumption" he took his time to answer my questions but that didn't help me at all that's why I decided to ask here. From the last I think two or three months my memory usage goes above 60% and I don't...
  10. Random FPS drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random FPS drop: Hello there, Now my problem started a month ago in April, the games that were working fine earlier started having some sudden FPS drops, the drops were for some seconds and then again the games used to come in normal condition. This problem was occurring in many games...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random fps drops all games

2. random fps drops in games

3. random fps drops in ganmes

4. games were running fine however suddenly huge fps drop