Windows 10: Random Bitlocker Recovery Code Requests

Discus and support Random Bitlocker Recovery Code Requests in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My surface book 2 has asked me 4 times (in 6 months) for it's bitlocker recovery code for no apparent reason. How can I stop this happening?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bob MCN, May 17, 2019.

1. Bob MCN Win User

Random Bitlocker Recovery Code Requests

My surface book 2 has asked me 4 times (in 6 months) for it's bitlocker recovery code for no apparent reason. How can I stop this happening?

:)

Bob MCN, May 17, 2019

2. When i request the Bitlocker Recovery for a laptop, Microsoft sent me the code for a Tablet, different products and different Products KEY ID.

Thanks for you reply MR Andre, i did what you said and connected at the link /devices, on devices my laptop is listed on my all devices recorded. The problems start when after i click on device manage, when i request a Bitlocker Recovery Key, the system
    popup the screen and request the secondary e-mail or phone number to send text message to confirm yourself and send the code to open other screen where "should show the Bitlocker code", however when open this "other screen" give me the Code/Password for other
    device with other KEY ID, not as mine, that i do all the steps.

diegogoncalves18, May 17, 2019
  3. BitLocker Recovery Key request

Have found my BitLocker Recovery Key and input. All good. Turn off Surface Pro3 and then turn on again and the request for the BitLocker Recovery Key comes up again? Why does this continue to come up?

HarrySpacie, May 17, 2019
  4. Random Bitlocker Recovery Code Requests

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Random Bitlocker Recovery Code Requests

1. Random Bitlocker Recovery Code Requests - Similar Threads - Random Bitlocker Recovery

2. Bitlocker recovery code issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker recovery code issues: My laptop wasn't turning on from a few days. We requested the support and they mentioned it's a motherboard issue and changed it. Once done, the hardware guy left. When we try to turn on the laptop, it's asking for a bitlocker recovery code. I am typing it but it keeps on...
  3. URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY: I have an HP Pavilion dv7 running Win 10 Pro. This weekend during a storm the computer died and will not restart. I took it to a local shop where of course they asked for the Bitlocker recovery key. My MS Acct shows that MS cannot locate the device and the 'Manage recovery...
  4. URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY: I have an HP Pavilion dv7 running Win 10 Pro. This weekend during a storm the computer died and will not restart. I took it to a local shop where of course they asked for the Bitlocker recovery key. My MS Acct shows that MS cannot locate the device and the 'Manage recovery...
  5. URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Bitlocker recovery Key Always Requested on Startup

Bitlocker recovery Key Always Requested on Startup: I am always asked for my bitlocker recovery key when my Win 10 PC boots. I do knpw my recovery code and when I enter it, the boot continues normally. I would like to eliminate the need to enter my recovery code every time, so please tell me how to eliminate it....
  7. BitLocker code recovery

BitLocker code recovery: Hello, I have a pc which was signed in to my microsoft account. The microsoft account does not exists today. Once using my pc, it got stuck in the automatic repair loop. I asked a person who repairs pc. He said that you have to enter the BitLocker key. I have not entered any...
  8. Bitlocker recovery code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker recovery code: Why am I being asked to provide a Bitlocker recovery key, and how do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-code/be91456c-c747-46c0-9829-78fefc527f6d
  9. When i request the Bitlocker Recovery for a laptop, Microsoft sent me the code for a...

When i request the Bitlocker Recovery for a laptop, Microsoft sent me the code for a...: My Windows 10 stopping working and miss the boot disk, so the Windows not launch any more. I'm created the Windows ISO image to repair the initialization, but my disk was protected by Bitlocker, and the Windows require my Recovery Key to avoid start the repairing. But...
  10. Need recovery code for bitlocker

in Cortana
    Need recovery code for bitlocker: Need recovery key for bitlocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-recovery-code-for-bitlocker/ce681513-7b72-48c4-9910-948a3db284b5"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows bitlocker random code