Windows 10: RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES

Discus and support RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, ever since updating to Windows 10 version 1909 to the latest one, 20H2, I keep experiencing random freezes and the screen would go black as if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ptrwg_, May 4, 2021.

1. ptrwg_ Win User

RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES

Hi, ever since updating to Windows 10 version 1909 to the latest one, 20H2, I keep experiencing random freezes and the screen would go black as if someone just turn off the laptop. But, it's not completely black. It's kinda glowy and I can't press anything to wake it up as the system is locked up and I have no choice but to force reboot it by pressing the power button. Other times, the system would lock up completely no matter what I do. I could be gaming, surf the internet, watching Youtube, and my laptop would freeze. It happens randomly as well. I ruled out having any temperature issue beca

:)

ptrwg_, May 4, 2021

2. Random Black Screen

Re-installed Catalyst 8.35 drivers (from the original cd) - no luck. Still getting the random black screen.

TribeBuckeyeFan, May 5, 2021
  3. Random black screens

Getting random brief black screens (with little notification sound when my screen comes back), random changes in setting such as fonts, and a WDF violation when computer refused to turn off, and then after being unplugged, refused to boot for some time.

SLChristensen, May 5, 2021
  4. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

TIGR, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES - Similar Threads - RANDOM BLACK GLOWY

2. Random freezes and black screens - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes and black screens - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hi,I am facing random freezes and black screens during playing games. It happens everyday at least one time per day. Sometime it happens few minutes after running the game. I have used WinDbg to analyse .dmp file. Could you help me to fix this?HEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A...
  3. Random freezes and black screens - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes and black screens - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hi,I am facing random freezes and black screens during playing games. It happens everyday at least one time per day. Sometime it happens few minutes after running the game. I have used WinDbg to analyse .dmp file. Could you help me to fix this?HEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A...
  4. Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black: Hi Everyone, Im asking this mostly because im afraid im destroying my gpu.Ive been having problems with my screen going black/ randomly freezing in a lot of scenarios, at startup it oftenly turns one or more of my screens off and then on again, while watching shows of vlc it...
  5. Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black

Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black: Hi Everyone, Im asking this mostly because im afraid im destroying my gpu.Ive been having problems with my screen going black/ randomly freezing in a lot of scenarios, at startup it oftenly turns one or more of my screens off and then on again, while watching shows of vlc it...
  6. Windows 11 Black Screens / Freezes randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Black Screens / Freezes randomly.: Windows freezes my screen by itself, only the mouse works well. Also Black Screens opens randomly for a couple of seconds and closes without any errors. It literally starts on every simple task like photoshop or browsing, so there's no problem with using CPU or whole RAM...
  7. Windows 11 Black Screens / Freezes randomly.

Windows 11 Black Screens / Freezes randomly.: Windows freezes my screen by itself, only the mouse works well. Also Black Screens opens randomly for a couple of seconds and closes without any errors. It literally starts on every simple task like photoshop or browsing, so there's no problem with using CPU or whole RAM...
  8. Black Screen and Keyboard freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen and Keyboard freezes randomly: Dear Customer Support, I have endured with the black screen problem for 3 months and now my keyboard freezes randomly, after Windows 10 update. 1. After the October update, the "restart" windows option always restart with a black screen. I have to press the power button...
  9. Black Screen and Keyboard Freezes randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen and Keyboard Freezes randomly: Dear Customer Support, I have endured with the black screen problem for 3 months and now my keyboard freezes randomly, after Windows 10 update. 1. After the October update, the "restart" windows option always restart with a black screen. I have to press the power button...
  10. Random freeze and / or blacks screen when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freeze and / or blacks screen when idle: Hi. I have an issue where my laptop would randomly freeze and / or the screen will go black and the entire system would be unresponsive. This happens randomly and I can't find what causes it. The system would freeze when I'm watching YouTube, or gaming or when I leave the...