Windows 10: Random black screen, computer unresponsive

Discus and support Random black screen, computer unresponsive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Earlier today I was just using my PC, same as usual, when both monitors suddenly went black and started showing the no signal message. I unplugged and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by legend383, Jun 26, 2019.

1. legend383 Win User

Random black screen, computer unresponsive

Earlier today I was just using my PC, same as usual, when both monitors suddenly went black and started showing the no signal message. I unplugged and reconnected both ends of the cables, tried different ports on my GPU but nothing. I then tried to connect through teamviewer but it refused to connect. Ended up having to turn it off at the wall.

When I turned it back on it displayed the message about overclocking failure, but I'm only using the XMP profile it gives me, no tweaking, and the cooling/PSU are more than adequate.

Anyone have any ideas what could have been the cause of this and how I can prevent it happening in the future?

:)

legend383, Jun 26, 2019

2. Frequent black screen/unresponsive requiring hard boot

Hi,

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you getting black screen before sign in or after sign in?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 26, 2019
  3. HP ALL IN ONE TOUCH SCREEN COMPUTER FREE UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 FROM W7 ..... NOW I HAVE RANDOM BLACK SCREENS!!!!!!

As my title says it all ...... no idea why these random Black Screens are happening ....... I can be using my computer for HOURS or 15min and a RANDOM black screen will happen. EVERYTHING is unresponsive even the main power button. I have to pull the power
    cord to shut the computer down and restart. As i type this letter I am nervous that i will not finish before a RANDOM BLACK SCREEN happens!!!!!!

RickPrevallet, Jun 26, 2019
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Random black screen, computer unresponsive - Similar Threads - Random black screen

2. random black screen + Dumpfile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random black screen + Dumpfile: o I have this problem for a while. When I play games my screen goes black randomly and than I have to restart my pc. I already upgrade my HDD to 2 SSD's and the 16 GB ram are only 3 days old. I had this "black screen problem" also before then. . reinstalling updating or...
  3. Computer black screens randomly when doing intensive tasks

Computer black screens randomly when doing intensive tasks: My dad and me both have the same issue. When doing intensive tasks(eg. Gaming, editing etc), our computer goes blackscreen randomly. My computer info.. CPU Intel i3 4170 3.70 GHz (4 Cpu) 16384 RAM GPU AMD Radeon 5700 My dad has recently upgraded his computer to a i7...
  4. Random Black Screen on Windows 10

Random Black Screen on Windows 10: So on my PC when I'm doing anything like Gaming or watching YouTube the screen just goes black, doesn't matter what I'm on it always does this, I can't see anything, like my curser and my PC doesn't even turn off. Turning off my PC or restarting works, but later on it just...
  5. Random Black Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screens: Hello. I currently have a problem with my computer where I would randomly black out while playing games. The game just stops for a couple seconds and it will continue right after. What could be wrong with my computer? Is there any way to test for defective parts? Thank you...
  6. Random black screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screens: Hello, For some reason when I am watching a youtube video or playing a game my screen just goes black, then I have to turn my laptop off and back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-black-screens/666a0cf5-2c99-4de6-a375-537bc24ef6b7
  7. Windows 10 pc's screen turn black, unresponsive

Windows 10 pc's screen turn black, unresponsive: Hello, I know multiple questions were asked about windows 10 black screen but I didn't find a solution that fit my problem. Long story short, This mostly happens while I play a video game, My computer screen turns black the computer itself is still on(mouse and keyboard...
  8. Black unresponsive screen when launching war thunder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black unresponsive screen when launching war thunder: I have played war thunder on my new PC since Christmas when I got it. It has worked fine, like everything else, until four days ago when instead of launching the game after pressing the "play" button in the launcher, a black screen appears after a slight but alarming delay....
  9. Laptop screen black and unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen black and unresponsive: I downloaded windows 10 and all had been running smoothly, however, when I turned my laptop on this morning my background was black and about 20 new icons had appeared on the desktop all of which were just white and blank, i normally only have rhe recycle bin. i tried to run...
  10. Random screen unresponsiveness, cursor lags and no audio issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Random screen unresponsiveness, cursor lags and no audio issue: Hello I am facing three different issues(not sure if related): 1) I recently started seeing these random freezes where screen becomes unresponsive to mouse clicks. But I am able to navigate via keyboard. No problem with the mouse itself. Happens with trackpad as well....