Windows 10: random black screen for a few seconds

Discus and support random black screen for a few seconds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, I've been having random black screen. Happens once in a few days and looks like lost signal (screen turns off for a few seconds and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/neko_yarou, Feb 8, 2021.

1. random black screen for a few seconds

As the title says, I've been having random black screen. Happens once in a few days and looks like lost signal (screen turns off for a few seconds and then turns back on) but when it happens some apps like photoshop and blender always crash. Everything else works fine and also sound (music, video, etc) doesn't stop during black screens.

It started sometime after I bought a new screen(alienware aw3821dw). But idk how it could be related. Apps don't crash when the signal is lost.
    Tried updating windows and gpu drivers

win 10
    palit RTX 3090 GamingPro OC

144hz in windows
    g-sync is on for fullscreen

submitted by /u/neko_yarou
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/neko_yarou, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Gilletter Win User

Random Black Screen

I've already been over there helping him with this one... It's a random black screen for a few seconds, then back to normal. I've tried uninstalling drivers, he tried it. Removed and reseated card, still did it... Does anyone think that this might be an issue with his PCI-e x16 slot???

Gilletter, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Random Black Screen

Re-installed Catalyst 8.35 drivers (from the original cd) - no luck. Still getting the random black screen.

TribeBuckeyeFan, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

random black screen for a few seconds

Black Screen, Screen Flickers, Random Freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Refer the link below and check if it helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

random black screen for a few seconds

1. random black screen for a few seconds - Similar Threads - random black screen

2. Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.: As described in the title, sometimes my computer randomly starts to freeze except the sound, only the screen/cursor freezes, the after half a second the screen goes black for a few seconds, then my desktop appears and the windows begin poping up on my screen again. During...
  3. Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.: As described in the title, sometimes my computer randomly starts to freeze except the sound, only the screen/cursor freezes, the after half a second the screen goes black for a few seconds, then my desktop appears and the windows begin poping up on my screen again. During...
  4. Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Random flash on screen every few seconds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random flash on screen every few seconds: I can see a random flash of a window or some widget on my screen every few seconds. I want to find out the application that is doing it. Any ideas how I can find out? Thanks...
  6. Windows Black Screening For A Few Seconds For No Reason!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Black Screening For A Few Seconds For No Reason!: Hello, semi-recent pc builder here, about 3 months ago I built my pc, and I love it. But sometimes just doing simple tasks just like opening snip and cut it doesnt load or even just idle sometimes I get a black screen on both of my monitors then it goes back to normal. Except...
  7. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.. Not...
  8. Screen goes black for a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black for a few seconds: Occasionally my PC goes all black for several seconds (and for not logical reason) after update to Windows 10 Home, version 1803, OS Build 17134. Doesn't seem to affect anything, but is annoying. Any help would be appreciated. BillyS...
  9. Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10: Hi, This just started happening after the Windows 10 anniversary upgrade recently. The screen goes black at random times for 2 seconds or so and comes back and it is quite annoying at times. My PC: Lenovo c260 CPU: J2900 Ram: 4 GB Graphics: Intel HD 1. Tried...
  10. Random one-second black screens

in Windows 10 Support
    Random one-second black screens: Hi all! Just assembled the following machine out of brand new components: Mobo: GA-B250M-DS3H CPU: G4560 GPU: integrated PSU: Corsair VS550 RAM: CMK8GX4M2A2400C16 SSD: Kingston SSDnow 300V Monitor: VGA (the only non-new component) I have the following trouble...