Windows 10: Random black screen, no cursor or sound

Discus and support Random black screen, no cursor or sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I recently installed new hardware; Asus ROG x470-F Gaming, Ryzen 5 2600 and G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory. I have updated to latest Windows 10, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Exterm, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Exterm Win User

Random black screen, no cursor or sound

Hi! I recently installed new hardware; Asus ROG x470-F Gaming, Ryzen 5 2600 and G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory. I have updated to latest Windows 10, I have home edition, latest BIOS, latest driver for my GPU, GTX770.

My problem is that at completely random times it all goes black, both my monitors, one HDMI and one older DVI, lose contact with the GPU, and I can't even turn the PC off by holding the power switch down, I have to actually turn off the PSU in order to kill it.

I have checked for malware with BitDefender and HitmanPro, found nothing. It doesn't feel like it should be hardware related since then I should be able to at least force a shutdown with the power button, right?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated Random black screen, no cursor or sound :)

:)

Exterm, Dec 2, 2018

2. Random Black Screen

Since the latest Windows 10 update a week ago (on a desktop) I get random Black Screen while working on my pc, sound still works. No cursor.

I seem to get a Black Screen the most while playing a game or using Paint 3D for instance.

I downloaded new drivers for my Nvidia Geforce GT530 (oem).

I tried to uninstall my graphic card in safe mode, but after restarting problem still exist.

What else can I do?

Thanks for answering.

LinaABCDEFGHIJK, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Random black screen moving the cursor

Hi.

I have a problem I hope someone can help me out with.

My Asus computer randomly started to get black screen this happens when I for an example sit on facebook and maybe play some game.

After like 10 minutes a spot on the screen starts to turn black and when I move the cursor around its kinda "painting" the rest of the screen and it will all go black. I can let it stay for hours and it wont come back.

I have to manually kill the computer by pushing the turn on button for a few seconds.

Any suggestions ? please

matiashansen, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Random black screen, no cursor or sound

Random black screens

Getting random brief black screens (with little notification sound when my screen comes back), random changes in setting such as fonts, and a WDF violation when computer refused to turn off, and then after being unplugged, refused to boot for some time.

SLChristensen, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Random black screen, no cursor or sound

1. Random black screen, no cursor or sound - Similar Threads - Random black screen

2. Half a second black screens with cursor at random times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Half a second black screens with cursor at random times: i have half a second black scererns with cusor at random times plaese help me fix this [Title edited for clarity] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/half-a-second-black-screens-with-cursor-at-random/22381f34-4d77-4389-8907-53ff2278a87c
  3. Random black screen with error sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random black screen with error sound: Specs: Aorus Z390 Master I9-9900k Aorus RTX 2080TI 11gb WB 16gb G.skill Trident ram Samsung evo 970 500gb m.2 ssd Corsair sf750w PSU. Recently encountered black screen problems randomly. Would have a days without a black screen incident and on the contrary, would...
  4. Random intermittent black screen with error sound

Random intermittent black screen with error sound: Specs: Aorus Z390 Master I9-9900k Aorus RTX 2080TI 11gb WB 16gb G.skill Trident ram Samsung evo 970 500gb m.2 ssd Corsair sf750w PSU. Recently encountered black screen problems randomly. Would have a days without a black screen incident and on the contrary, would...
  5. Random Black Screen Without Cursor

Random Black Screen Without Cursor: Sometimes I randomly get a black screen without cursor when closing out of a game, however it has happened just as many times while I'm out of the room without any game or other app running. It has only happened once before being able to log in and mostly tends to happen a...
  6. Computer Black Screens randomly but sound continues.

Computer Black Screens randomly but sound continues.: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 193 Parameter 1: 80f Parameter 2: ffffffffc0000017 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_18363 Service Pack: 0_0 Product:...
  7. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  8. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  9. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...
  10. Random black screen with no cursor when GPU is idle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Random black screen with no cursor when GPU is idle.: Hi all, I've recently built a new PC and I keep getting a random black screen with no cursor in Windows 10. It seems to be happening on just the desktop with nothing or a few windows open. It has never happened while playing a game but can happen after just 30 seconds of...