Windows 10: Random Black screen Surface Pro 2017 connected with 4k monitor

Discus and support Random Black screen Surface Pro 2017 connected with 4k monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, I am having a strange issue using my Surface Pro 2017 with LG 4K Monitor using Mini-dp to Display port cable provided by the monitor. Once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by venka, Jan 22, 2020.

1. venka Win User

Random Black screen Surface Pro 2017 connected with 4k monitor

Hi all,

I am having a strange issue using my Surface Pro 2017 with LG 4K Monitor using Mini-dp to Display port cable provided by the monitor. Once every 3-4 minutes I have a black screen for 2 seconds, then the screen is back to normal.

I tried to download the Intel GPU driver, but I cannot install, as it said Microsoft has installed a custom version of the driver.

I am currently using

Windows 10 Pro
    Version - 1909
    OS Build - 18363.592
    I am currently running at 3840x2160 with custom scaling (135%)

If I try to update the Display driver, I get information that the driver is already up to date.

My Device Specification

Intel Core i7 7660U CPU
    16 GB RAM
    Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
    Any leads to solve the issue would be great!

:)

venka, Jan 22, 2020
  2. ShawnIsi Win User

External Monitor keeps flickering on and off with Surface Pro 2017 via Surface Dock

I have a 2017 Surface Pro which I connect to a Samsung 4K 28" monitor through a Surface Dock to use it as a desktop PC. However for two years, the screen on the external monitor keeps turning on and off by itself randomly. There are no specific triggers
    that causes this issue that I am aware of. It happens automatically at irregular intervals. I've exhausted all my options trying to diagnose the issue. I spoke with Microsoft employees dozens of times and they've swapped surface pro devices for me, changed
    the surface dock, and I even changed the cables. Nothing. So I updated the software, re-installed the software, ran surface diagnostic tools, updated graphics drivers, and changed refresh rate. This is much like the same issue that people are experiencing
    here in this inserted link:

4K monitor flashes on and off frequently when plugged directly into my Surface Pro 4

As shown, this person has the same monitor and has done all the same steps that I've done. Only difference is he has a Surface Pro 4. Now if you read through the comments, a lot of people are experiencing similar issues with DIFFERENT MONITORS. Also this
    problem is two years old if not older. There hasn't seem to be a fix. So clearly, this is not an individual problem. It is a FIRMWARE ISSUE that Microsoft Engineers really need to step up to and fix.

If I could get the attention of MS support of this then that would be great! Otherwise, has anyone faced the same issue and arrived at a desirable solution?

Best Regards,

Frustrated Windows User

ShawnIsi, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Surface Pro Connecting to Monitor

Hello,

I have a Surface Pro 6. I have it connected to a monitor to be used as a second screen. The resolution on the monitor is not the best quality. I have tired adjusting it, but can't seem to get it clear. Any suggestions?

Kelsey Rechetnik, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Random Black screen Surface Pro 2017 connected with 4k monitor - Similar Threads - Random Black screen

2. Surface Pro 2017 Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 2017 Bluetooth: Hi, I recently connected my airpods to my 2017 Surface Pro via bluetooth but ever since a couple days after that my bluetooth has seemingly completely vanished. I have tried multiple solutions such as troubleshooting my driver in which I get back the error message, "device...
  3. Surface pro 6 to 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Surface pro 6 to 4k monitor: How good will the quality be connecting a 4k monitor to my surface pro 6 via hdmi? res of pro 6 is 2736 x 1824 160433
  4. Random Black Screen 1 to 2 seconds once in 3 to 4 minutes when using Surface Pro 2017...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random Black Screen 1 to 2 seconds once in 3 to 4 minutes when using Surface Pro 2017...: Hi all, I am having a strange issue using my Surface Pro 2017 with LG 4K Monitor using Mini-dp to Display port cable provided by the monitor. Once every 3-4 minutes I have a black screen for 2 seconds, then the screen is back to normal. I tried to download the Intel GPU...
  5. Surface pro screen turns black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro screen turns black: My surface pro x has been crashing a lot lately, even after i deleted any suspicious files. The screen turns black but the audio is still running, and I’ve even restarted it but its still happening. Its very annoying, and I dont know what to do...
  6. Surface Pro Connecting to Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro Connecting to Monitor: Hello, I have a Surface Pro 6. I have it connected to a monitor to be used as a second screen. The resolution on the monitor is not the best quality. I have tired adjusting it, but can't seem to get it clear. Any suggestions?...
  7. Clock on Surface Pro 2017 jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock on Surface Pro 2017 jumping: Dear Sir, I just bought the Surface Pro 2017, during using it, I observed the clock is jumping (some before and some after the real day and time). I go to the Bios and see the time in the BIOS jumping a lot and the second did not count properly: some time jump 2hrs, some...
  8. onedrive not connecting to surface pro 2017

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive not connecting to surface pro 2017: Last week my files stopped syncing to onedrive through my surface. It persisted for a few days through some troubleshooting efforts, so I decided to disconnect my onedrive account from my surface and reconnect it. When I do this: I put my email in, followed by my password,...
  9. BSOD on Surface Pro 2017

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Surface Pro 2017: Hello, I just bought a new Surface Pro 2017 and I'm getting several BSOD errors, with the text "ATTEMPT TO WRITE READ ONLY MEMORY" while using the computer. Here are my DMP files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tpfrwyw8r9hm4u9/AACFVaze_x2Zh36kboK-Zs9sa?dl=0 Kind regards,...
  10. no October update on surface PRO 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no October update on surface PRO 2017: my custom PC already updated, but surface tells me it's up to date on 1803 should I wait oR download update assistant ? All of my setting are default I've tried update troubleshoot it fixed some config but still nothing. Thanks : )...