Windows 10: Random black screen, then restart.

Discus and support Random black screen, then restart. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 6 Level 1 Task 63 Opcode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JCodey, Jun 15, 2020.

1. JCodey Win User

Random black screen, then restart.

- System

- Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 6 Level 1 Task 63 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000400000000002 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2020-06-15T19:10:09.896559400Z EventRecordID 30358 Correlation - Execution [ ProcessID] 4 [ ThreadID] 8 Channel System Computer DESKTOP - Security [ UserID]

- EventData

BugcheckCode 127 BugcheckParameter1 0x8 BugcheckParameter2 0x0 BugcheckParameter3 0x0 BugcheckParameter4 0x0 SleepInProgress 0 PowerButtonTimestamp 0 BootAppStatus 0 Checkpoint 0 ConnectedStandbyInProgress false SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0 CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0 BugcheckInfoFromEFI true CheckpointStatus 0

I did try to look for a minidump file but nothing. Checking the EventViewer it did say "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation."

This is all that I've had to go on with. I haven't changed or updated any hardware or software. I'm using a GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 rev. 1.0 My bios version is F22M. And haven't had no issues with it, it is updated to the latest version.
    Only other thing I can recall doing before the restart was using Security and Maintenance and clicked "start maintenance" this was after, I wanna say 10-15 min after the maintenance has started.

:)

JCodey, Jun 15, 2020

2. Random black screen after sometimes it restart and become normal screen

Hi Dai,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Inconvenience regretted. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: You may update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.

• Spot and expand the “Display adaptors”.

• Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed.
    Method 2: Further, if there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then trying installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version
    of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this will address your query.

SujataMoktan, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Random Black Screen

Just upgraded to the current mobo, cpu and memory in my system. When I finished loading the mobo drivers, I went ahead and updated my catalyst drivers to 8.11. That's when I started getting random black screens every couple of minutes. *Confused Random black screen, then restart. :confused: System didn't restart, screen would just go black for a couple of seconds, then go back to normal. Did this randomly. Updated catalyst to 8.12 - same problems. *Wtf :wtf: Ran drivecleaner (whatever it's called, the one from guru3d), and reloaded the 8.12 drivers. Still no fix. Uninstalled the mobo drivers and cool n' quiet, rebooted, and attempted to reload these drivers. Get an error message stating amdk8.sys was missing. Got that file from Gilletter, put it in the proper location, rebooted, finished loading the drivers again, still have the same problem. *Bang Head :banghead:

Note that I was not having any problems prior to the upgrade. At that time I was running an MSI mobo with an Athlon 3200+ and 1GB Kingston pc2700 and Catalyst 8.6 drivers. Anyone have any suggestions?

TribeBuckeyeFan, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Random black screen, then restart.

Random Black Screen

Re-installed Catalyst 8.35 drivers (from the original cd) - no luck. Still getting the random black screen.

TribeBuckeyeFan, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Random black screen, then restart.

1. Random black screen, then restart. - Similar Threads - Random black screen

2. PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD: Ever since I got my PC, I've been having this issue where my PC can sometimes randomly go to a black screen and automatically restart almost immediately after.These restarts can happen at any random moment, and with no regularity, one day I'll get 3-4 restarts, and then no...
  3. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  4. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  5. Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting: Since early May I have had 3 black screens with the pc rebooting itself from a bug check and recently a blue screen. I have taken my pc to two shops to look into the issue and neither have found a problem so I'm hoping someone might be able to help here please. If someone...
  6. Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting: Since early May I have had 3 black screens with the pc rebooting itself from a bug check and recently a blue screen. I have taken my pc to two shops to look into the issue and neither have found a problem so I'm hoping someone might be able to help here please. If someone...
  7. Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Help with constant black screens and random restarts!

Help with constant black screens and random restarts!: System Information: Windows 10 Education Version: 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Ryzen 5 2600 Asus B350-F Gaming Motherboard 16GB Ram RX 580 8GB GPU Intel 545 500GB SSD ________________________________________________ Hi, recently. I have been having constant black screens. My...
  9. Random black screen restarts

Random black screen restarts: Hi for the longest time, I would be using my laptop and it would restart by itself. then the screen goes black for a few seconds then shuts down to restart again. I've run memtest to see if it has anything to do with bad memory but my memory sticks are fine. I was told to run...
  10. PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen

PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen: Every time the PC crashes it will boot up and stay stuck on a black screen. Once it is shut down manually then booted up again it is fine. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:...