Windows 10: Random Black Screen Without Cursor

Discus and support Random Black Screen Without Cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes I randomly get a black screen without cursor when closing out of a game, however it has happened just as many times while I'm out of the room... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NathanielStrickler, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Random Black Screen Without Cursor

Sometimes I randomly get a black screen without cursor when closing out of a game, however it has happened just as many times while I'm out of the room without any game or other app running. It has only happened once before being able to log in and mostly tends to happen a while after logging in. The most it has happened it twice in one day, once when closing a game and once while I was out of the room.

When I press the power button on my tower during the black screen I can see my desktop for not even a second before my computer says it is shutting down. I don't even have to hold the button down to shut down the computer during this as simply tapping it turns it off and the computer shuts down far quicker than it normally would. There are no error messages or anything when turning my computer back on.

I first had this issue the day the Edge browser got its recent update, however I never use Edge and I have also ran a virus scan that came back negative.

I'm not good with computers so please don't use too much tech lingo if possible.

:)

NathanielStrickler, Mar 16, 2020

2. Random black screen moving the cursor

Hi.

I have a problem I hope someone can help me out with.

My Asus computer randomly started to get black screen this happens when I for an example sit on facebook and maybe play some game.

After like 10 minutes a spot on the screen starts to turn black and when I move the cursor around its kinda "painting" the rest of the screen and it will all go black. I can let it stay for hours and it wont come back.

I have to manually kill the computer by pushing the turn on button for a few seconds.

Any suggestions ? please

matiashansen, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Random Black Screen Without Cursor

Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Random Black Screen Without Cursor [​IMG]

Random Black Screen Without Cursor [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Random Black Screen Without Cursor

1. Random Black Screen Without Cursor - Similar Threads - Random Black Screen

2. Black Screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen with cursor: Hello,tonight I install the 22H2 update all fine and turn off the PC, today I turn on and after the boot I get black screen with cursor blinking in the top left corner, what's happening?From pc boot menu it's the same, I select the SSD disk and nothing happens... Note: If I...
  3. Half a second black screens with cursor at random times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Half a second black screens with cursor at random times: i have half a second black scererns with cusor at random times plaese help me fix this [Title edited for clarity] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/half-a-second-black-screens-with-cursor-at-random/22381f34-4d77-4389-8907-53ff2278a87c
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen without cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Black Screen without cursor: I got a blue screen while playing a game. I don't know why, but I panicked & turned it off by holding down the power button. I think this may have broken it Now all i get is a black screen and the sound of the fans, when i try to turn it on. [IMG]...
  5. Black Screen With Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor: Hello, So today I turned on my computer and it was updating and sec later the power went off. When I turned it back again it asked me to select my keyboard language after that it showed me some options like troubleshoot so I clicked at troubleshoot and selected startup...
  6. Random black screen, no cursor or sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random black screen, no cursor or sound: Hi! I recently installed new hardware; Asus ROG x470-F Gaming, Ryzen 5 2600 and G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory. I have updated to latest Windows 10, I have home edition, latest BIOS, latest driver for my GPU, GTX770. My problem is that at completely random times it all goes...
  7. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  8. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  9. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...
  10. Random black screen with no cursor when GPU is idle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Random black screen with no cursor when GPU is idle.: Hi all, I've recently built a new PC and I keep getting a random black screen with no cursor in Windows 10. It seems to be happening on just the desktop with nothing or a few windows open. It has never happened while playing a game but can happen after just 30 seconds of...