Windows 10: Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting

Discus and support Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since early May I have had 3 black screens with the pc rebooting itself from a bug check and recently a blue screen. I have taken my pc to two shops to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mr. Torgue Flexington, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting

Since early May I have had 3 black screens with the pc rebooting itself from a bug check and recently a blue screen. I have taken my pc to two shops to look into the issue and neither have found a problem so I'm hoping someone might be able to help here please. If someone will help just tell what info on the issue you need to help me. Thanks.

:)

Mr. Torgue Flexington, Jul 28, 2022
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Blue Screen Errors, Black Screen After Restart

Hello Jonathan,

The Black screen error that you're experiencing might be caused by connection issues with your PC or display, while
    the Blue screen error can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow our guided walk-through to resolve black screen errors and blue screen errors. Choose when did you get the error, and follow the instructions provided. Here are the links:

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Jul 28, 2022
  3. keakar Win User
    strange issues (black screen, blue screen, and freezes)

my computer specs to the left are up to date

this system has been running flawlessly for a year now and i keep it clean, well cooled, and dust free

right out of the blue lately my computer started freezing up randomely, sometimes when its just sitting idle it will make a "bong" sound and then the screen goes black and the computer is frozen with no way to get in but restarting it.

most of the freeze ups come when multi tasking but it has done it sitting idle once or twice.

a couple of times when i started the computer it gave me the blue screen that says windows had a problem and needs to restart but doesnt say anything more.

sometimes while the computer seams to be working ok, when i start the media player or games it sometimes give me the blue screen but it only says windows had a problem and needs to restart but doesnt say anything more. *Bang Head :banghead:

just one time the blue screen did say that the nvidia driver had an issue so i updated that but its still giving the random freezes and so far i havent seen any more blue screens yet.

i cant remember how you get to read the error report to see whats going on for sure so can someone remind me how to do it?

if its a virus its no big deal since im getting ready to update from xp to windows 7 but i want to be certain its not something hardware related before i do a reformat and install windows 7.

what would be the top suspects to look at here and how do i test them?

im thinking if it were the video card it wouldnt be effecting the system so even thou it was my first idea im guessing its probably not the problem.

its been a long time since i was fixing a computer so whats the best diagnostic test program for dummies. im not into benches or detailed diagnostic figures, i just want a pass or fail kind of test to see if something works or has issues.

thanks for your help in advance guys *Smile Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting :)

EDIT: this problem turned out to be due to the psu that was still working but it got weak and was not supplying enough amps anymore even thou the voltages looked ok when tested. i suggest you read through this thread as it is very informative as to just how strange your computer can act when something like this happens.

keakar, Jul 28, 2022
  4. hermmie17 Win User

Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting

Screen goes blue / black on start of atitool

i tried 0.26 and the new beta but its the same... if i start atitool the screen immidiately goes blue or black and i have to reboot... the computer doesnt really hang but the screen seems to be lost.
    any suggestions? i dont have any other programs running, i dont even want to OC my card i just want to have control over the fan speed, i have a x1800xt btw.

hermmie17, Jul 28, 2022
Thema:

Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting

1. Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting - Similar Threads - Random black screens

2. Black screen then restarts then recovery blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen then restarts then recovery blue screen: I was playing a game then all of a sudden my screen went black then it attempted to restart . I got it to restart then it did it again and went to recovery screen . Sometimes I get it to boot windows then after a while or even immediately sometimes just goes to black screen...
  3. Black screen then restarts then recovery blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen then restarts then recovery blue screen: I was playing a game then all of a sudden my screen went black then it attempted to restart . I got it to restart then it did it again and went to recovery screen . Sometimes I get it to boot windows then after a while or even immediately sometimes just goes to black screen...
  4. Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting: Since early May I have had 3 black screens with the pc rebooting itself from a bug check and recently a blue screen. I have taken my pc to two shops to look into the issue and neither have found a problem so I'm hoping someone might be able to help here please. If someone...
  5. Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting

Random black screens, blue screens with computer the restarting: Since early May I have had 3 black screens with the pc rebooting itself from a bug check and recently a blue screen. I have taken my pc to two shops to look into the issue and neither have found a problem so I'm hoping someone might be able to help here please. If someone...
  6. Random blue/black screens

Random blue/black screens: The error I get is:SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for XXXX\XXXXXX$ via....GetCACapsGetCACaps: Not Found{"Message":"The authority "\amd-keyid-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f68f89c8.microsofttaik.azure.net\" does not exist."}HTTP/1.1404 Not FoundDate: Tue, 19 Oct...
  7. Random blue/black screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random blue/black screens: The error I get is:SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for XXXX\XXXXXX$ via....GetCACapsGetCACaps: Not Found{"Message":"The authority "\amd-keyid-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f68f89c8.microsofttaik.azure.net\" does not exist."}HTTP/1.1404 Not FoundDate: Tue, 19 Oct...
  8. Crashing, Blue Screens, Black Screens, Random Restarts, Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing, Blue Screens, Black Screens, Random Restarts, Freezing: I have done a few clean installs since it began. Blue screens are mostly Critical Process Died and System Thread Exception Not Handled. In safe mode I have done sfc scan, chkdsk, DISM, I have also done a few memory tests, and intel processor diagnostic tool. I downloaded...
  9. Random black screen restarts

Random black screen restarts: Hi for the longest time, I would be using my laptop and it would restart by itself. then the screen goes black for a few seconds then shuts down to restart again. I've run memtest to see if it has anything to do with bad memory but my memory sticks are fine. I was told to run...
  10. Random black screen, then restart.

Random black screen, then restart.: - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 6 Level 1 Task 63 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000400000000002 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2020-06-15T19:10:09.896559400Z EventRecordID 30358 Correlation -...