Windows 10: Random black screens but the PC keeps running

Discus and support Random black screens but the PC keeps running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm getting a random black screens and no audio from the monitor, The PC keeps running the monitor loses signal, and its light indicator keeps blinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bedouinbro, May 25, 2024.

1. Random black screens but the PC keeps running

I'm getting a random black screens and no audio from the monitor, The PC keeps running the monitor loses signal, and its light indicator keeps blinking I always keep it on the standby mode so no LED indicator when using PC . I also use unified remote app, and Chrome Remote Desktop.When the display loses signal I can see the mouse cursor and all the processes running, and if I use Bluetooth I get audio from headphones. whats causing this ? I posted detailed stress testing here:https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-display-sound-on-samsung-27-inch-curved-monitor.3840437/ any idea wh

:)

bedouinbro, May 25, 2024

2. I am having black screen issue with Lenovo all in one pc.

Hi Antony,

This issue may occur due to corrupted system files running on your computer. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is there an error message displayed when experiencing the black screen?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this article:
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors. Based on your description, we suggest that you focus
    on the steps under this section: I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, May 25, 2024
  3. Random Black Screen

Re-installed Catalyst 8.35 drivers (from the original cd) - no luck. Still getting the random black screen.

TribeBuckeyeFan, May 25, 2024
  4. Arun B J Win User

Random black screens but the PC keeps running

Black Screen, Screen Flickers, Random Freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Refer the link below and check if it helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, May 25, 2024
Thema:

Random black screens but the PC keeps running

1. Random black screens but the PC keeps running - Similar Threads - Random black screens

2. Random black screens but the PC keeps running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screens but the PC keeps running: I'm getting a random black screens and no audio from the monitor, The PC keeps running the monitor loses signal, and its light indicator keeps blinking I always keep it on the standby mode so no LED indicator when using PC . I also use unified remote app, and Chrome Remote...
  3. Random black screens but the PC keeps running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random black screens but the PC keeps running: I'm getting a random black screens and no audio from the monitor, The PC keeps running the monitor loses signal, and its light indicator keeps blinking I always keep it on the standby mode so no LED indicator when using PC . I also use unified remote app, and Chrome Remote...
  4. Screen goes randomly black, system keeps running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes randomly black, system keeps running: Hi,I have an issue with my computer where my screen randomly goes black. Weird thing is when Im gaming is goes without any problems.It happens mostly when I dont use my pc for a few minutes. I cant wake the screen up either.I already did a win11 reboot, updated every driver,...
  5. Screen goes randomly black, system keeps running

Screen goes randomly black, system keeps running: Hi,I have an issue with my computer where my screen randomly goes black. Weird thing is when Im gaming is goes without any problems.It happens mostly when I dont use my pc for a few minutes. I cant wake the screen up either.I already did a win11 reboot, updated every driver,...
  6. Pc black screens randomly

Pc black screens randomly: My pc has this one error that it just goes into a black screen randomly mostly while gaming but I'm still not entirely sure about that sometimes it just decides that it wants to not show any video on startup even. I am truly out of ideas on what to test, I have reseated the...
  7. Pc black screens randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc black screens randomly: My pc has this one error that it just goes into a black screen randomly mostly while gaming but I'm still not entirely sure about that sometimes it just decides that it wants to not show any video on startup even. I am truly out of ideas on what to test, I have reseated the...
  8. PC keeps black screening randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps black screening randomly: I have been having this issue lately where whether I'm gaming or watching something on youtube where my PC will black screen on both monitors with the fan on the GPU going at high speeds. I have no choice but to power off my PC and turn it back on because the screen will not...
  9. Random crash results in PC running with black screens

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random crash results in PC running with black screens: Hi all, Would be great if you could help me out with the following: Today I wanted to relax & play some Anno on my PC, which I had built in the beginning of the COVID outbreak. No issues since then, till now. After running the game for approx. 5 minutes, both my monitors...
  10. PC still on and running but black screens randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC still on and running but black screens randomly: Okay so this has been happening after my PC updated a couple days ago and i cant figure out why. So my PC randomly black screens with my PC still running but becomes completely unresponsive. Power button doesn't work and neither does the keyboard or mouse, the only way i can...