Windows 10: Random black screens started happening recently (No BSOD)

Discus and support Random black screens started happening recently (No BSOD) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I'm new here, seeking for help with my computer...So this is the story:I've had my computer for over 3 years now, no problems at all.In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nimce, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Nimce Win User

Random black screens started happening recently (No BSOD)

Hi everyone,I'm new here, seeking for help with my computer...So this is the story:I've had my computer for over 3 years now, no problems at all.In the last few months, the computer began to have this problem:Screen goes black while computer keeps running, and sometimes the infamous TDR error appears in the Event Log (but not always).Sometimes, the screen doesn't go black, but the sound (I receive the sound from DP port) sounds distorted, and it can be fixed only with a restart.The things I have tried:Replacing MBReplacing RAMReplacing GPUReplacing PSUReplacing CPU (!)Replacing PC CaseReplacing Boot SSDReplacing Keyboard and MouseFormatting the PCUpdating drivers + BIOS + Clearing CMOSAnd still, problem exists.I have tried running memtest for hours, no errors.I have also tried running these stress testsRandom black screens started happening recently (No BSOD) :prime95 (never crashed)Heaven Benchmark (crashed sometimes, not always)FurMark (crashed sometimes, not always)I have also tried checking temperatures, they seem fine (GPU under heavy stress reaching 65C tops, CPU much lower than that, other computer components seems OK).My specs are:Intel i7 4930kASUS Sabertooth x794 x KHX1866C10D3/8G (Kingston) = 32GB RAMGeforce GTX 1070 (ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING)Corsair RM650i (650W PSU)Corsair Carbide Series® Quiet 400Q Compact Mid-Tower CaseSTRAFE RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — Cherry MX BrownRazer Deathadder Chroma Mouse2 x DELL U2415 screens, connected via DPAny idea what can I do next?I'm really desperate, no idea what I can do next...Any ideas? anyone is having the same issue?Thank you very much.

:)

Nimce, Oct 4, 2017

2. HP ALL IN ONE TOUCH SCREEN COMPUTER FREE UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 FROM W7 ..... NOW I HAVE RANDOM BLACK SCREENS!!!!!!

As my title says it all ...... no idea why these random Black Screens are happening ....... I can be using my computer for HOURS or 15min and a RANDOM black screen will happen. EVERYTHING is unresponsive even the main power button. I have to pull the power
    cord to shut the computer down and restart. As i type this letter I am nervous that i will not finish before a RANDOM BLACK SCREEN happens!!!!!!

RickPrevallet, Oct 4, 2017
  3. Unexpected store exception error

Running Windows 10 for a few months with no problem. Now getting a black screen and then Bsod with error message unexpected store exception. System does not reboot but hangs on Bsod. If I reboot I get a brief 30 seconds or so, time where it appears to
    run normal then the screen goes black and I have to reboot manually but the same thing keeps happening. No recent software changes. Help please.

Chris Finley, Oct 4, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Oct 4, 2017
  5. Nimce Win User
    Hi,
    I'm sorry,
    Attached (I've trying debugging the kernel myself after the crashes, no luck so far, I have also added a few watchdog memory dumps).

Thanks

Nimce, Oct 4, 2017
  6. Nimce Win User
    For anyone having it, the issue is in Windows 10 itself, because of a security update Microsoft released with interferes with the x79 and x99 chipsets, I hope this will be fixed in the next big update (going to be released next week).

More details here:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...sues-thread/1/

Nimce, Oct 12, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Nimce, a tip for future posts. Break it up into sentences and paragraphs. What you wrote is very, very hard to read.

Ztruker, Oct 13, 2017
  8. Nimce Win User

Yeah, I did break it,
    but for some reason, it didn't go well (and I couldn't edit it), probably because I wrote it in notepad first and Copy-Pasted it...

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Nimce, Oct 13, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    That's a bummer about the video card. That's an expensive piece of fairly high-end equipment. No response from Nvidia or ASUS or Microsoft on a fix.

If all the people who bought one started returning it to ASUS (ROG version) I'll bet they could put some pressure on MS to fix it.

Ztruker, Oct 13, 2017
  10. Nimce Win User
    Actually I've tried a few GPUs, from different vendors:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 (this one)
    And they all behaved exactly the same.

Nimce, Oct 13, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    When posting using notepad the best method is to post anything then edit and then past whatever you want into the thread. It's an extra step or two but it then keeps it in the layout posted.

Maybe you can start with the information entered again so that other viewers can read and add to the troubleshooting.

The event log was empty.
    The windows error reporting was empty too.

The uninstall.txt is missing.

So you have software in use that is deleting the logs.
    Please identify the software and un-check the feature to delete the logs.
    Many times this Ccleaner but each software needs to be checked to make sure that you can maintain all of the logs while troubleshooting.
    Please post a new zip so that the event log can be troubleshooted:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random black screens started happening recently (No BSOD) - Similar Threads - Random black screens

2. PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD: Ever since I got my PC, I've been having this issue where my PC can sometimes randomly go to a black screen and automatically restart almost immediately after.These restarts can happen at any random moment, and with no regularity, one day I'll get 3-4 restarts, and then no...
  3. PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD: Ever since I got my PC, I've been having this issue where my PC can sometimes randomly go to a black screen and automatically restart almost immediately after.These restarts can happen at any random moment, and with no regularity, one day I'll get 3-4 restarts, and then no...
  4. PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSODs randomly happening on random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs randomly happening on random times: Hi folks! So I got this issue I have been having for months, where my computer would crash with a BSOD in some cases. I thought it was about driver issues but none of the drivers seem like it points towards the BSODs at all As far as I know.In fact, all the BSODs pointed...
  6. BSODs randomly happening on random times

BSODs randomly happening on random times: Hi folks! So I got this issue I have been having for months, where my computer would crash with a BSOD in some cases. I thought it was about driver issues but none of the drivers seem like it points towards the BSODs at all As far as I know.In fact, all the BSODs pointed...
  7. Random black screen at start ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen at start ups: Hi Team,The only problem I am facing with my new windows 10 PC is, it shows black screen during the start-up sometimes. After the Windows 10 logo loading... it goes black. Then I have to press the reset button to reboot it and it will work normally. It is not very often, but...
  8. Random black screen at start ups

Random black screen at start ups: Hi Team,The only problem I am facing with my new windows 10 PC is, it shows black screen during the start-up sometimes. After the Windows 10 logo loading... it goes black. Then I have to press the reset button to reboot it and it will work normally. It is not very often, but...
  9. Random black screen at start ups

10. Random BSOD, started happening today

Random BSOD, started happening today: Hello, it's my first post here but I hope I have followed all the instructions on how to do this. This windows 10 was fresh installed about two weeks ago. The only problems I've had were some random network adapter issues (which experts seems to think can be related due to...