Windows 10: Random Blank blue screen with mouse cursor

Discus and support Random Blank blue screen with mouse cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have this desktop with Windows 10 that randomly gets a blank blue screen with nothing (not BSOD) (this not happens at login) Mouse works but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HiMem, Oct 17, 2019.

1. HiMem Win User

Random Blank blue screen with mouse cursor

Hello,

I have this desktop with Windows 10 that randomly gets a blank blue screen with nothing (not BSOD)
    (this not happens at login)

Mouse works but nothing else... I know i can get out of that with task manager and login/logout, but this is a Work PC from someone else and i need it to be fixed for good. She works with lots of important stuff and can't logout and lose data

If anyone had this or can help me i would be much apreciated!

Thanks

:)

HiMem, Oct 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 stuck on blank screen with mouse cursor at boot

Recently I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. Everything installed and worked great for few weeks. After 2 or 3 weeks I can't boot to Windows 10 anymore.

The computer goes thru initial boot and before showing any windows 10 screens (no blue window, no dots etc) gets stuck on blank screen with blinking mouse cursor.

Per Microsoft engineer who responded to my previous post, I created windows 10 ISO disk. Booted from the disk, got thru the blue windows logo and dancing dots to a "Windows Setup" box with 2 options:

• 1. Continue with the upgrade (I already upgraded successfully and everything worked for a while)

2. Perform a clean installation
    Continuing upgrade gets me back to blank screen with blinking cursor.

I didn't try option 2, clean installation, because I am afraid to loose all my programs etc.

I installed turbotax after upgrading to win 10, but I don't think turbotax is a problem. I have no problems at all after installing it on another win 10 computer.

Now I regret upgrading to windows 10. Windows 7 worked perfectly fine.

Any suggestions how to repair the windows 10?

Or is there a way to go back to windows 7 without full reinstall?

Thanks for any help

andrewa_333, Oct 17, 2019
  3. blank screen with showing mouse cursor

Original Title: about windows10

after installing windows10.when i restart my pc it goes blank screen with showing mouse cursor pls help meeee

poosalabalaji, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Steve1380 Win User

Blank Screen, Blinking Cursor

Windows 10 PC crashed, now have blank screen with blinking cursor in upper left, can't boot -- suggestions for how to connect, please?

Steve1380, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Random Blank blue screen with mouse cursor - Similar Threads - Random Blank blue

2. Blank Screen with No Cursor at Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blank Screen with No Cursor at Startup: Hello Everyone, Both my and dad's computer sometimes get stuck while starting and can't even get to the password screen. Sometimes the keyboard works while this happens e.g num lock/caps lock gives light when you press them but the cursor never appears. The fan works like...
  3. Mouse Cursor Randomly Teleports

Mouse Cursor Randomly Teleports: Hello! Recently I have started to have a problem with my laptop where even as I am not touching anything, my cursor will randomly flash around my screen. By consulting similar questions that people have asked in the past I tried disabling my touchpad, touchscreen, and turned...
  4. screen turning blank with cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen turning blank with cursor: when i factory reset my window 10 in hp stream ,it boots and says preparing windows but after mins it turns into black screen with a cursor....how to fix this error?...
  5. Blank Blue Screen

Blank Blue Screen: A few days ago I left my computer on for 30 minutes to an hour while I was doing something else. When I returned to the computer neither the keyboard or the mouse were working. I turned off my computer and turned it back on, but nothing but a blank blue screen popped up. If I...
  6. Blank screen with mouse cursor only after upgrading to 1803

Blank screen with mouse cursor only after upgrading to 1803: My friend has a two-year-old Lenovo G40-70 laptop and it was upgraded to Windows version 1803 recently. Upon restart from the upgrade it only presents a blank desktop and a movable mouse cursor. Tried to boot into laptop with low resolution/safe mode gives the same result....
  7. Screen blank at boot no cursor

Screen blank at boot no cursor: When I boot, I get a blank screen (w/o cursor). I tried booting into safe mode without success. Computer is Windows 10 originally. I tried using sfc command. Nothing found. Monitor is working. I removed ssd and replaced with another. I could only restore image with one two...
  8. Blank screen with mouse cursor after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with mouse cursor after login: It's all good, @copiman. I could say the same thing myself: I keep learning (and doing) more myself, thanks to all the fascinating stuff going on and being discussed here. Keep it up! Thanks, --Ed--
  9. Windows 10 booting into blank screen with mouse cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 booting into blank screen with mouse cursor only: Hi all, I wanted to know if anyone could help with the below. I currently have a Windows 10 laptop that was working without issues for a while, however after a restart the laptop appears to load windows but never get to the login screen, only show a blank screen with...
  10. blank screen, active cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    blank screen, active cursor: an old friend has phoned me up in a panic and will phone back later for advice. Her 4-year old laptop, running Windows 10 is just showing a black screen at start up, with active cursor. We have a Windows 10 laptop here, but I do not use it and am not familiar with the system....