Windows 10: Random BlSOD and I have no idea why

Discus and support Random BlSOD and I have no idea why in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've got a Dell laptop with windows 10. For the past 2 weeks or so I've had a BSOD problem. I'm doing work and then a random blue screen happens with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NeedHelplPlease, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Random BlSOD and I have no idea why

I've got a Dell laptop with windows 10.
    For the past 2 weeks or so I've had a BSOD problem. I'm doing work and then a random blue screen happens with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. Then when it restarts I see three lines, one says no bootable device, second one is to go in BIOS and last one is to troubleshoot. Odd part is that sometimes it just restarts normally and I'm able to continue working. I've taken it to service twice and they said they ran tests and everything seems okay.
    Any ideas what could be causing this problem and how can I fix it?

:)

NeedHelplPlease, Nov 19, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

Random BlSOD and I have no idea why

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Random BlSOD and I have no idea why

1. Random BlSOD and I have no idea why - Similar Threads - Random BlSOD idea

2. Random Crashes, no idea why they're happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes, no idea why they're happening: Hi, my Laptop has been randomly crashing this past month and I have no idea why it's happening, here are the DMP filesDMP FilesI'm using a Medion Deputy P25 and had problems like this before, but then reinstalled Windows 11 and it changed from getting BSOD's to this....
  3. Random Crashes, no idea why they're happening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes, no idea why they're happening: Hi, my Laptop has been randomly crashing this past month and I have no idea why it's happening, here are the DMP filesDMP FilesI'm using a Medion Deputy P25 and had problems like this before, but then reinstalled Windows 11 and it changed from getting BSOD's to this....
  4. Im having black screens and i have no idea why...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Im having black screens and i have no idea why...: Ive recently updated my drivers, re-installed them, checked my memory and I'm still having issues. I need help!! It usually happens while either playing a video game or editing, but sometimes it even happens while reading or writing something....
  5. BSOD Continuously And have no idea why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Continuously And have no idea why?: Hello, I have been having trouble the past month or so with Sudden BSOD ranging anywhere from driver_irql_not_less_or_equalkmode_exception_not_handledand a few others I cant remember at this time. Ive tried checking updates on drivers and windows. Ive tried checking for...
  6. HELP PLEASE! What is this sound? It just plays randomly, I have no idea why. Click the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP PLEASE! What is this sound? It just plays randomly, I have no idea why. Click the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Raxes05 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jkgw1r/help_please_what_is_this_sound_it_just_plays/
  7. My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why: Mostly after big updates it would restart and I would come to realize most of the stuff I had downloaded was gone, but not the stuff i paid for. I just want my saved passwords back so even if there’s no way to revert my laptop back to its old shape, i would still appreciate...
  8. I have no idea . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have no idea . . .: I don't know why? But, I see no icon's, on my desktop? I have a slideshow running. I see that OK If, I click on, the little yellow box, on the taskbar. All access. I see everything. On the left side, I see the desktop. I open it, and I see everything. Movies, Videos,...
  9. i have an idea

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have an idea: Hi Good day I have an idea for a few PCs to monitor without increasing the thickness of the PC The idea is to become more productive if it becomes a product because they are less likely to use Alt+Tab and are heavily used by those who use Alt+Tab when working with a personal...
  10. Xbox Enforcement - i have no idea why

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Xbox Enforcement - i have no idea why: I used to be on Xbox, like 6 months ago, I haven't played or chatted with anyone on Xbox since, I am on PC now. I am logged into Windows with the same outlook account as my Xbox but the Windows 10 app literally doesn't work for me it crashes so I am unable to chat to or...