Windows 10: Random Bluescreens and I can't figure out what is causing them

Discus and support Random Bluescreens and I can't figure out what is causing them in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi For almost two weeks now I get totally random Bluescreens and everything I tried so far did not end this problem. I updated my drivers, checked my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Martin B_24957, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Random Bluescreens and I can't figure out what is causing them

Hi

For almost two weeks now I get totally random Bluescreens and everything I tried so far did not end this problem.

I updated my drivers, checked my RAM, did /sfc scannow and chkdsk

Since I don't know what to do next I would be really really happy if somebody could help me.

I heard that the minidump files can help:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkuZ1lLm1hFEi0fcGeUz2wmg3jfP?e=6CWGxd

:)

Martin B_24957, Dec 27, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. (matta) Win User
    Seemingly random BSOD and I can't figure out the cause/solution!

Hi,

So I've been having an issue for a while where my pc will randomly have a blue screen error which will cause my pc to restart, the unusual thing about it is most of the causes (as listed on the blue screen) will be random. Sometimes it's memory management,
    other times it's about page faults and I can't really figure out what to do!

I've ran memory checks both the windows integrated one and memtest and my memory seems to be fine, I've tried clean installing windows too and I'm not really sure what else to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

(matta), Dec 27, 2020
  4. stony2k Win User

Random Bluescreens and I can't figure out what is causing them

KB3163018 causes bluescreen in DirectX DXGMMS1.sys when I maximize video

Still have the same problem.

My setup:

• Lenovo W530
    • Windows 10 64bit
    • Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    • NVIDIA Quadro K2000M

Just installed the anniversary update, updated my BIOS, intel graphics card driver and SSD firmware. Fullscreen applications like YouTube still cause a bluescreen.

Any suggestions Microsoft?

stony2k, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Random Bluescreens and I can't figure out what is causing them

1. Random Bluescreens and I can't figure out what is causing them - Similar Threads - Random Bluescreens can't

2. Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes: Hi,PC bluescreens more frequently the longer it's been on. Sometimes the pc just freezes without bdos. I did not upgrade or change any hardware. Event viewer doesn't tell me anything. I've tried updating drivers gpu, network, etc., running system scans sfc sannow & antivirus,...
  3. Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes: Hi,PC bluescreens more frequently the longer it's been on. Sometimes the pc just freezes without bdos. I did not upgrade or change any hardware. Event viewer doesn't tell me anything. I've tried updating drivers gpu, network, etc., running system scans sfc sannow & antivirus,...
  4. I get random Bluescreens, cant figure out what the source of the problem is!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get random Bluescreens, cant figure out what the source of the problem is!: Hello anyone,i got a problem i recently bought a new used PC.But since then i randomly get Bluescreens and cant figure out what the Problem isi tried almost every method i found on the internet RAM test, CMD codes... if anyone would be able to help me that would be awesome...
  5. I get random Bluescreens, cant figure out what the source of the problem is!

I get random Bluescreens, cant figure out what the source of the problem is!: Hello anyone,i got a problem i recently bought a new used PC.But since then i randomly get Bluescreens and cant figure out what the Problem isi tried almost every method i found on the internet RAM test, CMD codes... if anyone would be able to help me that would be awesome...
  6. I get random Bluescreens, cant figure out what the source of the problem is!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error: Hello, recently I've been having lots of issues regarding Bluescreens. For the most part, I am getting the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with the reason of "ntoskrnl.exe". I believe it is caused by a bad driver, although I don't know for sure. Here is the dump file:...
  8. Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error

Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error: Hello, recently I've been having lots of issues regarding Bluescreens. For the most part, I am getting the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with the reason of "ntoskrnl.exe". I believe it is caused by a bad driver, although I don't know for sure. Here is the dump file:...
  9. Random Bluescreens with different errors and I cant figure out what is causing them.

Random Bluescreens with different errors and I cant figure out what is causing them.: Hi I have been having random crashes in WIndows 10 lately with multiple Errors being reported lfor instance a few "System_Thread_Exception_Not Handled", "Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error", and several "Reference_By_Pointer" errors, and it tends to happen most often on start up or...
  10. Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD

Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD: Can someone help me figure out what's causing this BSOD? It's Win 10 Pro (1909). I've made sure the drivers and BIOS are up to date already and ran sfc /scannow that did repair some errors. ************* Path validation summary ************** Response Time (ms) Location...