Windows 10: Random bogging down leading to system freezing

Discus and support Random bogging down leading to system freezing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded to the October update some days ago, I've been having system slow downs leading to it freezing. I would need to hard reset and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hangtime21, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Random bogging down leading to system freezing

Ever since I upgraded to the October update some days ago, I've been having system slow downs leading to it freezing. I would need to hard reset and sometimes it happens a few minutes into the reset. I've tried updating my graphics driver to no avail.

I saw these in the event viewer. There are others but these two had multiple entries especially the "User Profile Service" one.

:)

hangtime21, Feb 26, 2019
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

3. Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Feb 26, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

Random bogging down leading to system freezing

Random system freezes for weeks

Alright, time for an update.
    My lead was the RAM, after some time of trying it looked like the RAM may be the cause. Can't remember exactly why/how I came to it unfortunately.

After some time the frequency of freezes seemed to increase again to a frequency of 1 per day, this situation looked for me like a perfect opportunity to use driver verifier again with a different setup as it won't take much longer than 2-3 days of testing with driver verifier.

So with that in mind I enabled all standard options + power framework delay fuzzing & DDI compliance checking in driver verifier choosing all drivers of the list that are above the Microsoft drivers. Doing so makes it easier to document everything properly making it more clear what I've done, what the result is and what a possible next step could be.

After a few days with this configuration no single freeze had occured, enough proof for me to go to the next step which is using the same settings on all drivers in the list that are beneath the Microsoft drivers. I'm currently in that setup of driver verifier running my system.

A next step with driver verifier will be to enable the other additional options, only 2-3 at a time to not rush it, checking all drivers above the Microsoft onces.

I'm running driver verifier 72h to 96h (3-4 days) each time for those who'd like to know.

These are the possibilities I have in mind with driver verifier:
    - If it is a hardware issue then driver verifier should be able to crash my system without pointing to any driver or pointing at too many drivers.
    - If it is a driver issue then driver verifier should be able to crash my system for a maximum of a few times if I have some bad luck with getting back in Windows.
    - If driver verifier is unable to crash my system then the next step is to see if any program may be causing issues by uninstalling one-by-one per few days, with my amount of programs it should only take a few more months to complete this troubleshooting process but with a 100% certainty. That is assuming that Microsoft doesn't workout a patch for issues that unexpectly fixes my issue too.

Thema:

Random bogging down leading to system freezing

1. Random bogging down leading to system freezing - Similar Threads - Random bogging down

2. Computer bogs down after login to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer bogs down after login to windows: I recently bought a new msi katana laptop with windows 11. I’ve noticed a weird quirk when starting up the computer. When I shut down using the standard approach of clicking the windows button on the start menu and select the power icon followed by shutdown or restart, the...
  3. Computer bogs down after login to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer bogs down after login to windows: I recently bought a new msi katana laptop with windows 11. I’ve noticed a weird quirk when starting up the computer. When I shut down using the standard approach of clicking the windows button on the start menu and select the power icon followed by shutdown or restart, the...
  4. Stuttering leads to freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering leads to freezing: Computer starts stuttering then eventually freezes. I tried a fix where I disable HPET according to this website but it's still stuttering. What can I do to fix the issue? I am still getting same errors on the event viewer like 4311, 2, 28, etc....
  5. Bogged Down Memory, CPU and Low FPS

Bogged Down Memory, CPU and Low FPS: I've been having general memory issues for the past three months, and it's been getting progressively worse. I noticed the problem first when I was playing Mass Effect 1 one day, and the frame rate was at an absolute crawl. Prior to that, a majority of my games ran absolutely...
  6. Random System Freeze

Random System Freeze: Hello Community I've sent four feedback on this issue. Two of them was in system local account, the other two, Microsoft account. Its been almost two years since I've updated my BIOS of Specter and Meltdown virus, BIOS version A0.14. Recommended by HP website based on...
  7. Random bogging down leading to system freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random bogging down leading to system freezing: Ever since I upgraded to the October update some days ago, I've been having system slow downs leading to it freezing. I would need to hard reset and sometimes it happens a few minutes into the reset. I've tried updating my graphics driver to no avail. I saw these in the...
  8. System Freezes randomly!

System Freezes randomly!: Hallo guys, this month i experience a very strange thing happening to my pc. My pc randomly freezes and i have to hard restart in order to start using it again! No bsod or something. I ve ran a memtest for a night but it came out clear! Can you help me? 116500
  9. Random system freezes

Random system freezes: I have been getting for over a couple of months random system freezes. Using driver verifier causes my pc to bootloop so I guess it must be driver related. sfc/scannow finds no problems and all my drivers should be up to date. Bios is at the latest version too. The crashes...
  10. ASUS Windows 10 starting to bog down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ASUS Windows 10 starting to bog down: I've had my ASUS model Q524U since Sept 19. I've been pleased with it. WIth all the extra space, it could update without me knowing, unlike my earlier model that did not have 16GBs and 2TB HDD. Well, all of a sudden, too many times, when I turn it on and it is up and running,...