Windows 10: Random & Brief PC Lag/Freezing

Discus and support Random & Brief PC Lag/Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So for a while now, I have been having problems in applications such as games and in web browsers where what I am doing seemingly freezes for around a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ukpezzzz, May 17, 2020.

1. ukpezzzz Win User

Random & Brief PC Lag/Freezing

So for a while now, I have been having problems in applications such as games and in web browsers where what I am doing seemingly freezes for around a second before rapidly catching up.

For example, it did it as I was wiring this very message. I typed in ar then everything seemingly stopped doing anything. After about a second, ound then appeared on the screen in a sort of delay. The blinking cursor to denote where I am typing also continued to blink like I was not typing at all, until the freeze stopped and the delated text was entered.

If I am playing a video game, say Overwatch. I will be running down a hallway when everything seems to lock up for a second. Once it unlocks, I find myself further along said hallway like the game had continued to act on the instruction I gave it until the freeze stopped. What doesn't happen is I come back and find that I have not moved unless I stopped giving instructions to move.

I have had this issue for quite some time now. It is an issue that has carried over to my new PC which is completely new parts. The only two components that have come from the old machine are the SSD and the HDD. It is also worth mentioning that the PC doesn't freeze indefinitely either. It happens for but a second and then resumes normal functionality. No restart is required as nothing has crashed.

The PC is a brand new build with a fresh copy of windows on the SSD. The HDD was also wiped and everything reinstalled fresh onto the new computer.

I have tried looking online for a solution, but everything I seem to find comes back to fixing full-on crashes.

Edit: I posted this late at night local time. If I do not respond right away, I am likely asleep. Though your quick feedback is appreciated nonetheless.

:)

ukpezzzz, May 17, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 17, 2020
  3. TIGR Win User
    Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

4. Random & Brief PC Lag/Freezing

Random computer freezes

I am running Windows 10 and I occasionally incur random freezes. I have a Lenovo Y40 with a 1TB hard drive, 16gb ram, with a i7 5500 processor. The computer will randomly freeze for a brief three seconds then return to normal as if nothing happened. I only
    play one large computer game, League of Legends. I notice it most often while playing that, but the freezing happens even just browsing internet or doing minimal cpu activities. It is just very frustrating and I would like to get it fixed. Does anyone have
    any ideas what causes this kind of issue and any suggestions on how to fix it.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your help

gatorsrule2424, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Random & Brief PC Lag/Freezing

1. Random & Brief PC Lag/Freezing - Similar Threads - Random Brief Lag

2. PC lagging/freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC lagging/freezing: Hello, recently I've been having an issue that pops up randomly. At random times my pc will start lagging, my mouse is slow, response time is slow, everything is slow except for my audio and input. I have no clue why it's been doing this, all of my drivers are up to date and...
  3. PC lagging/freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC lagging/freezing: Hello, recently I've been having an issue that pops up randomly. At random times my pc will start lagging, my mouse is slow, response time is slow, everything is slow except for my audio and input. I have no clue why it's been doing this, all of my drivers are up to date and...
  4. Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications: Recently, after using more intensive apps Google Meet, games, etc., my Asus Vivobook 15 has started to have sudden screen freezes. So around every 10 or so seconds there's a brief half second screen freeze then everything goes back to normal until another freeze. Though it...
  5. Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications: Recently, after using more intensive apps Google Meet, games, etc., my Asus Vivobook 15 has started to have sudden screen freezes. So around every 10 or so seconds there's a brief half second screen freeze then everything goes back to normal until another freeze. Though it...
  6. Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer brief freeze and game crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer brief freeze and game crash: When i play The binding of isaac: repantance my computer can randomly freeze with the audio still playing and after a couple of seconds the audio stops and then the computer unfreezes with the game closed, any fixes?Logs:Faulting application name: isaac-ng.exe, version:...
  8. Random UI freezes bad lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random UI freezes bad lag: wish i knew why my pc was stuttering lately. i get some serious UI lag now or like click the start menu button and nothing happens for like a minute or no windows load and shit like that then it happens all at once. i thought maybe it was hardware related but now im wondering...
  9. Pc lagging randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc lagging randomly: Randomly my PC would start lagging and it wouldn't stop until I shut it down and I have to shut it down through the power button because I can't click shut down. I am on Windows 10...
  10. PC Randomly Starts Lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Randomly Starts Lagging: At random times my PC starts to feel really laggy even if it CPU/RAM are at like 50% and the only thing that fixes it is restarting? Is anyone else having this issue? submitted by /u/shua-12 [link] [comments]...