Windows 10: Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications

Discus and support Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently, after using more intensive apps Google Meet, games, etc., my Asus Vivobook 15 has started to have sudden screen freezes. So around every 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BryleGalindo, May 19, 2022.

1. Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications

Recently, after using more intensive apps Google Meet, games, etc., my Asus Vivobook 15 has started to have sudden screen freezes. So around every 10 or so seconds there's a brief half second screen freeze then everything goes back to normal until another freeze. Though it tends to start after intensive apps, it continues until I restart then everything goes back to normal. It's very irritating so any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

BryleGalindo, May 19, 2022
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, May 19, 2022
  3. Random computer freezes

I am running Windows 10 and I occasionally incur random freezes. I have a Lenovo Y40 with a 1TB hard drive, 16gb ram, with a i7 5500 processor. The computer will randomly freeze for a brief three seconds then return to normal as if nothing happened. I only
    play one large computer game, League of Legends. I notice it most often while playing that, but the freezing happens even just browsing internet or doing minimal cpu activities. It is just very frustrating and I would like to get it fixed. Does anyone have
    any ideas what causes this kind of issue and any suggestions on how to fix it.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your help

gatorsrule2424, May 19, 2022
  4. TIGR Win User

Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

Thema:

Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications

1. Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications - Similar Threads - Random brief screen

2. Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications: Recently, after using more intensive apps Google Meet, games, etc., my Asus Vivobook 15 has started to have sudden screen freezes. So around every 10 or so seconds there's a brief half second screen freeze then everything goes back to normal until another freeze. Though it...
  3. Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random brief screen freezes after running intensive applications: Recently, after using more intensive apps Google Meet, games, etc., my Asus Vivobook 15 has started to have sudden screen freezes. So around every 10 or so seconds there's a brief half second screen freeze then everything goes back to normal until another freeze. Though it...
  4. Computer shutting off randomly while using 3D intensive applications after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shutting off randomly while using 3D intensive applications after update.: It started happening the other day after I had updated my computer. I am unsure of which update because I had several backlogged. Using the computer as it is currently is fine but as soon as a I open an application such as a 3D games including but not limited to: Apex...
  5. Computer brief freeze and game crash

Computer brief freeze and game crash: When i play The binding of isaac: repantance my computer can randomly freeze with the audio still playing and after a couple of seconds the audio stops and then the computer unfreezes with the game closed, any fixes?Logs:Faulting application name: isaac-ng.exe, version:...
  6. PC Randomly Freezes When Running More Than One Application

PC Randomly Freezes When Running More Than One Application: Hello, Microsoft Community. I would like help with a computer problem. My issue is that for the past month, my the entire computer freezes for around two minutes: no mouse, keyboard, just the blue screen of death over my current applications. This happens when running two...
  7. Random screen freeze

Random screen freeze: Hello, I had bought an Lenovo laptop 2 years back and suddenly I have got an problem of random screen freeze due to which, I had even changed its disk to an ssd but that did not solve the problem and now whenever I on it it and open it it kust freeze in some second's but...
  8. Random screen freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random screen freezes: I have been having troubles with my Windows 10 laptop for the past few weeks. At completely random intervals, my screen will completely freeze, preventing me from moving my mouse or viewing any changes on my screen. However, my computer itself is still running; I can still...
  9. Random & Brief PC Lag/Freezing

Random & Brief PC Lag/Freezing: So for a while now, I have been having problems in applications such as games and in web browsers where what I am doing seemingly freezes for around a second before rapidly catching up. For example, it did it as I was wiring this very message. I typed in ar then everything...
  10. Random Screen freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random Screen freezing: I see this issue has been discussed but my situation seems to be different. I have random freezing of the screen on my PC which requires a restart to clear. I have always assembled my own PC so refer to my system build at the tab below. I have run the Mem86 test and with 8...