Windows 10: Random BSOD after 7 years of stability

Discus and support Random BSOD after 7 years of stability in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today during a Webex meetings call I got a BSOD after several years of having no BSOD. No hardware changes in recent time and at least no software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheOne320, Nov 4, 2020.

1. TheOne320 Win User

Random BSOD after 7 years of stability

Today during a Webex meetings call I got a BSOD after several years of having no BSOD. No hardware changes in recent time and at least no software changes today.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Windows Version: 2004
    OS build: 19041.610

ALEX-PC-(2020-11-04_10-00-38).zip

:)

TheOne320, Nov 4, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

This BSOD happens anywhere, irrespective of BitDefender. It takes place even when the antivirus is MSE in case of Windows 7. The most common cause is an expired trial or a cracked installation. Some examples:

We are on our way of troubleshooting. If the uninstallation and reinstallation does not work, we will take the next step.

I, in general, know what I am doing and what I am suggesting. If I feel that I am unable to control the issue, I will definitely ask for help.

4. Ztruker Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Random BSOD after 7 years of stability - Similar Threads - Random BSOD years

2. Computer reverted to windows 7 randomly after years of using windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer reverted to windows 7 randomly after years of using windows 10: After turning my computer on one day, it demanded that it be allowed to perform some sort of disk/system check, after about 5 minutes of waiting I left to take a call that took some time. When i returned to the computer it had reverted back to windows 7 for some strange...
  3. Stability

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stability: What is the most stable version of Windows 10 to run without any problems?! It's overwhelming that the latest version has problems such as slow boot time and suspending processes automatically without the possibility to resume it. I'm running on 20H2....
  4. deactivated after almost 7 years

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    deactivated after almost 7 years: so this issue started like 4 days ago when it suddenly I got the watermark Activate windows and a punch on different errors. The first error was about permission denied and contact administrator, but this one is gone now. I tried a lot of solution like: 1- troubleshoot in...
  5. Stability issues, crashing, BSOD & more

Stability issues, crashing, BSOD & more: Hello! I built my computer earlier in the summer. I've had sporadic stability issues with it. A few weeks back when I tried turning it on it somehow wasn't booting to Windows and was asking me to install the OS. I tried using the repair functions with the Windows Install...
  6. Random BSOD for years, typically after restarting

Random BSOD for years, typically after restarting: Hi, Been trying to resolve this issue for years, recently picked up some new ram, but didn't seem to be the solution. It seems to happen most often when I turn my computer on, or if I restart it. I've taken to just leaving it on 24/7 as it seems if it boots up. For some...
  7. Random BSOD Errors - For a Year

Random BSOD Errors - For a Year: So for the past year since around September I have been experiencing a wide range of BSOD erros, I thought it was me simply causing issues with software so I wiped my computer and then it worked for a while. Today I found out my network card that I installed could cause...
  8. BSOD after 2 year of laptop

BSOD after 2 year of laptop: Hi guys, I had a BSOD after so long of using the laptop no problem, only hardware change that happened was that laptop is conected to a monitor through display port, and one day ago, I conected that monitor too, to another computer though HDMI but that computer is turned off...
  9. Daily Random BSOD for a Year Now...HELP!

Daily Random BSOD for a Year Now...HELP!: I'm really at my wit's end. Been getting random BSODs since last year. Did all the troubleshooting stuffs that I could think of. Badly need your help. BSOD messages are too random that I can't identify what is causing it. Steps done: Replaced old HDD that has numerous bad...
  10. BSOD random after 2 years

BSOD random after 2 years: Hey guys, after almost two years BSOD. I haven't installed any hardware or software lately. BSOD of death used to be a nightmare for me until I found this forum a few years ago, and it seems that now, they're a joke because you guys always found the solutioin *Biggrin...