Windows 10: Random BSOD after installing new SSD and Windows 10

Discus and support Random BSOD after installing new SSD and Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can someone help me troubleshoot a random BSOD issue on my Dell Inspiron 13 5000? I just installed a new 1TB SSD Drive, re-installed Windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BarneyLejeune, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Random BSOD after installing new SSD and Windows 10

Can someone help me troubleshoot a random BSOD issue on my Dell Inspiron 13 5000? I just installed a new 1TB SSD Drive, re-installed Windows 10 and now I get random BSODs. The BSODs seem to occur even when the computer is sitting idle and I am not using it. I have insured that all none of the drivers have ! marks in Device Manager. I have run Dell's Support Assistant, but that did not help. The error is "System Service Exception" which seems to be pretty generic. I am current only running Microsoft's Windows Defender for antivirus and I have tried turning it off. Can someone give me a hand as to what else I should check? Thanks.

:)

BarneyLejeune, Oct 16, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. duckeh Win User
    Random BSOD on new machine, SSD not found after each BSOD

Yes, your assumptions should be right.
    - latest BIOS/UEFI - running latest BIOS from Asus
    - memory passed diagnostics - yes mem diagnostic test results are OK
    - HDD/SSD likely good - but haven't run diagnostics (only SFC and chkdsk)
    SSD looks good. here are some screenshots from HD Tune

Random BSOD after installing new SSD and Windows 10 [​IMG]

- OS was repaired w/DISM, and was "clean" installed - yes
    - all components are new (?unknown warranty/RMA status) - yes all components are new with valid warranty

Additionally, I tried using Windows Driver Verifier.
    Followed the steps here :
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-c48669e4c983
    Results:
    1. Following the steps, I selected ALL drivers except Windows drivers and reboot.
    2. After reboot, windows 10 crashes instantly even before login page comes.
    3. Eventually windows goes to troubleshoot mode, and I load windows 10 in safe mode.
    4. In safe mode, I disabled verifier via cmd, and reboot again. Windows 10 boots normally now.

Additional link I referred to:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-sg/win...ectedfrom=MSDN

Could it be a faulty/incompatible driver that has been installed?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, your assumptions are right.
    1. BIOS is running latest version from ASUS
    2. mem diagnostics are OK
    3. SSD looks good.

4. OS is repaired and clean
    5. all components are new with valid warrently

I tried using Windows Driver Verifier.
    Following these steps :
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-c48669e4c983

Steps done:
    1. Selected all drivers except Microsoft to verify.
    2. reboot
    Results:
    1. Upon reboot, windows 10 instantly crashes before login screen. Loops
    2. Eventually ends up at troubleshoot mode, perform reboot on safe mode
    3. on safe mode, disable verifier and reboot
    4. windows 10 runs again (until next BSOD)

Could it be caused by a faulty/defective/non-compatible driver?

duckeh, Oct 16, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Random BSOD after installing new SSD and Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Random BSOD after installing new SSD and Windows 10

1. Random BSOD after installing new SSD and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Random BSOD installing

2. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  3. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  4. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD after New ssd installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD after New ssd installation: Hi Guys. I have an inspiron 5578 laptop from dell. Its hdd had 448 bad sectors, so i decided to install a 2.5 inch sata ssdcrucial mx500 in its place. I've tried installing fresh os, oem image, resetting from recovery drive, but no matter how i install it, i end up getting...
  6. Getting random BSOD after installing new NVMe SSD and reinstalling windows in that.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting random BSOD after installing new NVMe SSD and reinstalling windows in that.: Background: So I bought a new ADATA Swordfish 256 GB ssd and reinstalled Windows 10 in that. Formatted my hard drive and using it as a data drive. Issue: getting random BSOD while using Windows and then fails to boot unless I do turn off and turn on again. What I have tried:...
  7. Abrupt BSOD after installing a new SSD

Abrupt BSOD after installing a new SSD: Hello, I recently installed a new SSD on my Windows 10 Pro PC and I have been getting abrupt BSODs when running a specific game. Said game is Escape From Tarkov, its a first person shooter that uses a launcher and its only online. The SSD I installed is a gen4 pci m.2 nvme,...
  8. Windows BSOD after installing new nvme ssd

Windows BSOD after installing new nvme ssd: CPU: Ryzen7 2700x Mobo: Asus X570-P GPU: Nvidia GTX1070Ti My computer has BSOD with code KERNAL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION and KERNAL_SERCUITY_CHECK_FAILURE This error occurs after I installed a new nvme ssd. I can disable the SSD in safe mode and enable it after logging...
  9. Random BSOD on new machine, SSD not found after each BSOD

Random BSOD on new machine, SSD not found after each BSOD: Hi tenforums, I recently got a newly build machine and have gotten an average of 5 BSOD per day, mostly with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. These is the summary of my machine specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GTX 1660 SUPER MB: ASUS B450M-PLUS GAMING...
  10. BSOD random with new windows 10 install.

BSOD random with new windows 10 install.: Random different error code BSOD's cant figure out the problem. Windows 10 newly installed on new mobo cpu and RAM. Please help!!! See attachment Thanks! 43462