Windows 10: Random BSOD after updating to 1903

Discus and support Random BSOD after updating to 1903 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an acer swift 3 sf315-51g-55gb and i recently upgraded it to windows 10 1903 since then i am having random bsod with tags such as video dxgkrnl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HonoredDock6513, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Random BSOD after updating to 1903

I have an acer swift 3 sf315-51g-55gb and i recently upgraded it to windows 10 1903 since then i am having random bsod with tags such as video dxgkrnl error or driver power state failure.I had none of these problems in 1803 version.

i am adding the dmp file link below

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-kxZchkaKnvkNVLadEikXVus73QpQ9Jv

:)

HonoredDock6513, Oct 5, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Bonn84 Win User

Random BSOD after updating to 1903

Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Random BSOD after updating to 1903

1. Random BSOD after updating to 1903 - Similar Threads - Random BSOD updating

2. Wifi dropping randomly after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi dropping randomly after 1903 update: Before the update my laptop's (Asus rog gm501gs) wifi (intel AC wireless 9560) works perfectly fine. After the update my wifi will stop working once in a while. This is especially annoying when i am playing games like League of Legend. One thing i noticed when this happens is...
  3. BSOD after updating Windows 10 to Version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after updating Windows 10 to Version 1903: I've been a BSOD problem with stop code KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION on my Acer laptop with Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1903 installed on it. I ran DISM and SFC, and updated all of my drivers using Driver Easy, and yet I'm still having this problem. OneDrive link...
  4. BSOD Sort of after 1903 update..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Sort of after 1903 update..: Short version: Updates wouldn't work( and when they did say they worked it left duplicates in the update history) so I factory reset the computer only to get failed install and get sent to the recovery screen with error 0xc0000225 . [img] I finally realize that there are 2...
  5. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after windos update 1903

BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after windos update 1903: Hello support team, After recently updating to windows 1903 my computes every few hours goes to the BSOD. The screen shows the following message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA What failed: Netwtw06.sys...
  6. BSOD after 1903 update

BSOD after 1903 update: Hi, I've updated my PC to 1903 Update 2 days back and i am getting BSOD after using my pc for a while it restarts itself again. This is happening every time i use my PC . I've looked for this problem on Microsoft's website and after some digging i found an article for the...
  7. BSOD after update to 1903 at reboot

BSOD after update to 1903 at reboot: After updating to 1903 now every time i reboot i get the BSOD was not a problem before. Can someone in microsoft please help us fix your mess up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-update-to-1903-at-reboot/4610dcb5-3f54-4f21-9058-5bbfec6c5a1a
  8. BSOD after update to 1903 on Lenovo P51

BSOD after update to 1903 on Lenovo P51: I have experienced BSODs twice after the update. Both times soon after startup and login. Where can I upload a DMP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-update-to-1903-on-lenovo-p51/ab941fc2-6658-479d-b719-bf89b4884f70
  9. BSOD and Freezes after 1903

BSOD and Freezes after 1903: Hello, Since the latest Windows update my laptop keeps freezing while working in Photoshop. Everything seems to be up to date and at this point I don’t know what to do. In the event logs I have Event ID 41 warnings and the BSOD states driver power state failure. Here is my...
  10. Random BSOD crashes after upgrading to Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903). Frustrating....

Random BSOD crashes after upgrading to Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903). Frustrating....: Hi all, I upgraded my Windows 10 PC to May 2019 Update and started seeing random crashes (BSOD) with various stop code. The BSOD happens 2 to 5 minutes after I log in. The most common crash happens when I have a Chrome browser open (I pasted the dump analysis below for...