Windows 10: Random BSOD and freezing

Discus and support Random BSOD and freezing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased a PC a month or so ago and have been experiencing random BSOD and freezing. It seems to happen any time as I can't find a trigger. I'm not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mikemoree, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Mikemoree Win User

Random BSOD and freezing

I purchased a PC a month or so ago and have been experiencing random BSOD and freezing. It seems to happen any time as I can't find a trigger. I'm not doing anything specific other than every day use. The BSOD seems to happen at least a couple times a week and the freezing, sporadically. What I mean by freezing is a complete lack of ability to do anything. The PC is completely unresponsive outside of a hard reboot with no event that seemed to trigger it.

The latest BSOD had the following event, "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000061948, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 85a4828d-c490-4ffe-b5b8-d0f6299011a1."

Below are my specs and I've uploaded the dmp file here, https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahyqtslz5T59kSm23AftLoGqn_fv?e=G3lAtu

If anyone has any insight, please let me know. This is very frustrating and it makes watching movies or gaming difficult with the random happening.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer MicroElectronics
    System Model G434
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU 029702
    Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 8 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.30A, 3/19/2020
    SMBIOS Version 3.1

Adapter Type GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, NVIDIA compatible
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer ASRock
    BaseBoard Product Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S/ac
    BaseBoard Version 1.0
    Platform Role Desktop
    Secure Boot State Off
    PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.488"
    Installed Physical Memory RAM 32.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
    Available Physical Memory 26.0 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 36.8 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 28.6 GB
    Page File Space 4.86 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

Mikemoree, Sep 13, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. philc43 Win User
    Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers)

Basically you need to go back to the step described in my post #121

As the freeze happens when you leave the system idle for a while it is most likely a driver associated with a background process that starts up when the system is idle for while. You might be able to search the event information logs to check which services started around the exact time of the freeze.

philc43, Sep 13, 2020
  4. PHVNTOM Win User

Random BSOD and freezing

Random BSODs and freezing, most commonly DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Had quite a few more BSODs since making this thread. Also updated my SSD firmware as suggested. Updated log files: DESKTOP-V65Q7UT-(2020-03-21_12-16-15).zip

Memory dump: MEMORY.DMP - Google Drive

Here are the results from HD Tune and SeaTools:

Random BSOD and freezing [​IMG]

I'll update the BIOS when I can, let me know if there's any problems here. Thanks for the help so far. *Smile

PHVNTOM, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Random BSOD and freezing

1. Random BSOD and freezing - Similar Threads - Random BSOD freezing

2. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  3. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  4. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BSOD and Freezes

Random BSOD and Freezes: Hi all, I've been periodically getting BSODS (recent ones such as (1) kmode exception not handled fltmgr.sys and (2) Page fault in nonpahed area) and random freeze (especially when i tilt my laptop or am carrying it). Attached is the zip file. The current laptop i...
  6. Random freezes and BSODs

Random freezes and BSODs: I have a Sony VAIO laptop, model SVE14A290X, which had Windows 8.1 installed on it. I waited until late December 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10, and followed all of the instructions and driver downloads given on the Sony website.But since then I've been having regular freezes...
  7. BSOD And random freeze

BSOD And random freeze: Hello everyone. For long time I was having problem with my old HDD it was faulty and my PC crashed from time to time (format + new windows). I decide to change my old HDD and get a new HDD and new SSD to act as window partition. After i install everything i started to...
  8. Random Freezes/BSoDs?

Random Freezes/BSoDs?: Hello everyone. I have recently been receiving constant freezes (hard freezes, can't do anything, computer is still running but Gpu fans stop, monitor freezes, controls lock up, etc.) and BSoDs. To add some backstory, this just randomly started happening about 4 months after...
  9. Random freeze and BSOD

Random freeze and BSOD: Hi, i have random freeze and BSOD with various errors. dumps as requested by stickythread are attached. i will provide more dumps when the problem will happen again. Thank you. The problem was caused by the motherboard (BIOS P1.90), it seems that does not...
  10. Bsod/freeze at random

Bsod/freeze at random: at random times my pc will get bsod or just freeze and i need to restart. 90% of the times i turn the pc on it happens after 5-10 minutes and can then be good for several hours later. don't know what causes this, anyone have an idea? 82593