Windows 10: Random BSOD and Random Network Issues

Discus and support Random BSOD and Random Network Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to determine what is going on with a system I have been having issues with the past few weeks. Randomly, it will crash in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Paul B 1222, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Random BSOD and Random Network Issues

Hello,

I am trying to determine what is going on with a system I have been having issues with the past few weeks. Randomly, it will crash in a BSOD, and the work that was unsaved is lost on the machine each time. I have tried to determine what is going on, but I see nothing specific; there are no drivers that are out of date, there is no new software that would impact networking or generate BSODs, and the crashes seem to occur regardless of what is (or is not) being done on the system.

I have the core dumps, but am not sure I have the skills to accurately determine what is going on with the system, and determine whether there is a hardware issue. Prior to this, I have updated Windows to the latest build (1809), ensured all drivers are current related to networking, and have done SFC /scannow and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. While issues were found (all appear to be related to duplicate ownership for files/folders), the resolution of those did not improve performance at all.

I am attaching the crash dump file (mini) -- can someone with the appropriate skills and knowledge review and help me to understand what is going on with Windows on this system? Also, I can provide the full crash dump if needed.

Crash dump (mini): https://beveragess-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/paul_beveragess_onmicrosoft_com/EcE2VIjAzaFPl2fLvQy4JwcBe9AG650kiILcrcPmejRd9g?e=miOLfz

Thanks,

Paul

:)

Paul B 1222, Mar 15, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Bonn84 Win User

Random BSOD and Random Network Issues

Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Random BSOD and Random Network Issues

1. Random BSOD and Random Network Issues - Similar Threads - Random BSOD Random

2. Windows 10 BSOD, Random Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD, Random Issues: I was a Windows 7 user until last month when I decided that I should upgrade now in hopes that by now Windows 10 has achieved some sort of stability after being in the media for so long for being a buggy OS.But I was wrong. Ever since I installed Windows 10, I've been facing...
  3. Random BSoD issues, cannot resolve

Random BSoD issues, cannot resolve: MINIDUMPhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1-P7Ewdt-SdwtRi2z0V1JoO4ddZc5GtYj/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-bsod-issues-cannot-resolve/69c8deff-ebaa-4f96-bd39-97c1381a0d0a
  4. Random BSOD issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random BSOD issues: I'd been meaning to post here for a while, but I thought I had fixed my issue for a moment. Ever since I've upgraded my new PC with a new motherboard/processor/ram I've been having blue screens almost daily. I ran driver verifier and found the issue to be my drawing tablet,...
  5. Random BSOD at random intervals

Random BSOD at random intervals: Hello, I have been having troubles as of recent with random BSOD errors that happen at random times. I initially thought that it may have something to do with my ram as I have had troubles with it in the past, although I have used the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and no...
  6. Random BSOD Issues

Random BSOD Issues: Hello all, I've been experiencing random BSODs for the last year or so, and it's become much more problematic recently. I've done most reasonably accessible troubleshooting steps, but have yet to find anything which has given me a long term solution. So far, it seems like...
  7. Random BSOD's with Random errors.

Random BSOD's with Random errors.: hi community, let me get straight to the point. My laptop is having random bsod's. These all point somewhat to different errors and are not the same. So far I got 4 different bugchecks. It happens at very random moments ( watching youtube, browsing on the internet etc. )...
  8. Random BSOD Memory Management issue...

Random BSOD Memory Management issue...: Hi I was wondering if someone can help me before I lose my sanity. I built a new system in September and things were going OK until the recent 1511 update to Windows 10. Since then I've been getting a lot of BSOD errors pointing to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I ran Memtest for around...
  9. Random BSOD in random times

Random BSOD in random times: Hi, I'm really hoping to solve the problem since it's starting to distract seriously. I think since early summer BSODs been flashing now and then and now more and more often. Naturally I've tried memory solutions found online for memory related BSODs but now the different...
  10. Random BSODs

Random BSODs: Bluescreenview indicates: "caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe" Memtest showed 0 errors with the RAM. All graphics drivers etc should be up to date. Analysing dump file with windows debugging tools shows: Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.10586.567 AMD64 Copyright...