Windows 10: Random BSOD and screen freeze

Discus and support Random BSOD and screen freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, how are you all doing? So, I recently updated my system to windows 10 in hope of ending all the BSODs and glitches I was getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 4poca, Apr 5, 2016.

1. 4poca Win User

Random BSOD and screen freeze

Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

So, I recently updated my system to windows 10 in hope of ending all the BSODs and glitches I was getting with my windows 7....

It all started very well, but after a little while the BSOD started all over again and a lot of screen freezing... Totally randomed... Even when computer was left alone, downloading or something, the screen freezes...

Anyone can help?

Attached is log collector

Tks

:)

4poca, Apr 5, 2016
  2. Alan B Win User

DISM, Windows Reset/Refresh not working.

Faulty RAM can give rise to 'random' blue screens (BSODs).

Alan B, Apr 5, 2016
  3. Matt_BMUZ Win User
    Random Freezes and BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Thank you for replying quickly.

My windows is currently up-to-date so it's not that. I've tried the troubleshooting and there seems to be no errors that are coming up.

I will check out the external devices, but its hard to tell. The freezes/bsod can appear at any time, sometimes its after several hours of PC usage, sometimes only a few minutes after start-up.

Any particular external devices should i take out?

Matt_BMUZ, Apr 5, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The dumps flag these as the cause:

egui.exe - ESET NOD
    chrome.exe - Google chrome

You can try unstalling both of the above. Use the built in Windows Defender for awhile and see what happens. Use a different web browser instead of chrome, see what happens.

Also noticed you have two, very old RAID drivers. If you are using a RAID array (even if your not), these should be updated to newer versions. Check the manufacturers web site and see if there are newer Chipset and/or RAID drivers available.

SiSRaid2 24/09/2008 15:28:20 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SiSRaid2.sys 4.096
    SiSRaid4 01/10/2008 18:56:04 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sisraid4.sys 4.096

If none of this helps, run Driver Verifier and see if it shows any bad drivers. See here:

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Attachment 73304

Also, if you overclock your system, set everything back to normal while debugging please.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2016
  5. 4poca Win User
    Thanks for your instructions Ztruker!

I completely removed ESET Nod Antivirus from my system and from now on I'm using Panda Antivirus, I really don't know why but chrome continues to crash, but now no BSOD appears, instead of chrome, most of the time I've been tryinf to use Edge.

I've been running the driver verifier tool for about a week and no BSODs appeared... But, I've experienced a couple of random crash and reboot... Really don't know why...

About the Raid driver, I've updated the Raid driver, but I think it didn't update the Raid2 and Raid4 you mentioned... Googled it and didn't find any way to update them...

Should I stop de driver verifier?

I've attached the new log collector.

4poca, Apr 12, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Yes, stop Verifier ... Attachment 74694

I'll look at the new zip and see if anything new shows buit if there are no new dumps then I doubt I will see anything new.

Ztruker, Apr 13, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Nothing new in the latest zip. You might consider backing up your data and doing a clean Windows 10 install. This often fixes strange problems as problems may have been carried forwarded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

See here: Windows 10 - Clean Install

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random BSOD and screen freeze - Similar Threads - Random BSOD screen

2. Random freezes / BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes / BSODs: Hi,for about 6 month, my system was running stable without any issues. Suddenly the system started freezing OS hanging, reset via on/off button or cutting power supply or BSOD-ing Clock_watchdog_timeout. All of that came out of the blue, no hardware changes, no BIOS changes,...
  3. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  4. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  5. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Random BSOD and freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD and freezing: I purchased a PC a month or so ago and have been experiencing random BSOD and freezing. It seems to happen any time as I can't find a trigger. I'm not doing anything specific other than every day use. The BSOD seems to happen at least a couple times a week and the freezing,...
  7. Laptop freezes randomly with screen artifacts BSoD

Laptop freezes randomly with screen artifacts BSoD: Hi, I have a problem with Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IGM that happens several times a day. It randomly freezes with screen artifacts and if I'm watching a video than I have a buzzing sound. When it happens my Touchpad and keybord dont work. Only reboot helps. Sometimes after...
  8. Random freezes and BSODs

Random freezes and BSODs: I have a Sony VAIO laptop, model SVE14A290X, which had Windows 8.1 installed on it. I waited until late December 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10, and followed all of the instructions and driver downloads given on the Sony website.But since then I've been having regular freezes...
  9. Random Freezes/BSoDs?

Random Freezes/BSoDs?: Hello everyone. I have recently been receiving constant freezes (hard freezes, can't do anything, computer is still running but Gpu fans stop, monitor freezes, controls lock up, etc.) and BSoDs. To add some backstory, this just randomly started happening about 4 months after...
  10. Random freeze and BSOD

Random freeze and BSOD: Hi, i have random freeze and BSOD with various errors. dumps as requested by stickythread are attached. i will provide more dumps when the problem will happen again. Thank you. The problem was caused by the motherboard (BIOS P1.90), it seems that does not...