Windows 10: Random BSOD and Slow Wifi Problem

Discus and support Random BSOD and Slow Wifi Problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using a Windows 10 (Build 1803) machine (an Asus S510UQ, around 1.5 years old), configuration is as follows: Intel Core I5 8250U 16 gigs of DDR4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Swapnil Sayan Saha, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Random BSOD and Slow Wifi Problem

I am using a Windows 10 (Build 1803) machine (an Asus S510UQ, around 1.5 years old), configuration is as follows:

• Intel Core I5 8250U
    • 16 gigs of DDR4 2400 MHz RAM (8+8 GB)
    • 2 GB Nvidia 940mx graphics + Intel UHD Graphics 620
    • 128 GB Nvme M.2 SSD + 1 TB SATA HDD

There are two problems I am facing:

1. Wifi is extremely slow on this machine. I also own a Macbook Pro and an Android Phone and the wifi speeds are normal on those devices. I tried updating the network adapter driver but the issue doesn't resolve. I also reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows and the problem still exists. I tried connecting to several different wifi (in case someone says it's the problem with the wifi network) and the speed is always slow on all wifi networks. Everyone else's Windows machine seem to have normal speeds as well. The wifi bar also randomly drops to 0 even when I am close to the router (doesn't happen on other machines)

2. I frequently encounter BSODs out of the blue, aggravated when the computer is idle or running on battery. The BSOD codes are completely random and unique as well each time so it's difficult to debug the actual issue. Examples of codes I encountered include:

• KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
    • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (Win32kfull.sys)
    • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (dxgkml.sys)
    • IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    • KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
    • DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER
    • MEMORY MANAGEMENT

I reinstalled Windows with the hope of getting things fixed but it didn't solve the issue. I tried the DotNet Framework idle fix but that didn't work either. I now use an "Automatic cursor mover" in the hopes of keeping the computer from crashing but the computer crashes out of the blue randomly. I changed the battery with an official, fresh one but the issue is still unresolved. I tried switching and subtracting the RAM but the issue is still unresolved.

Note that I do heavy work on my machine such as training neural networks, vector designing in Adobe Illustrator, 3D modelling in AutoCAD/Solidworks, PCB Designing in Proteus etc. I don't know if such work has ruined something inside the machine.

:)

Swapnil Sayan Saha, Oct 13, 2019

2. Random BSOD and Slow Wifi Problem

I am using a Windows 10 (Build 1803) machine (an Asus S510UQ, around 1.5 years old), configuration is as follows:

• Intel Core I5 8250U
    • 16 gigs of DDR4 2400 MHz RAM (8+8 GB)
    • 2 GB Nvidia 940mx graphics + Intel UHD Graphics 620
    • 128 GB Nvme M.2 SSD + 1 TB SATA HDD

There are two problems I am facing:

1. Wifi is extremely slow on this machine. I also own a Macbook Pro and an Android Phone and the wifi speeds are normal on those devices. I tried updating the network adapter driver but the issue doesn't resolve. I also reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows
    and the problem still exists. I tried connecting to several different wifi (in case someone says it's the problem with the wifi network) and the speed is always slow on all wifi networks. Everyone else's Windows machine seem to have normal speeds as well.
    The wifi bar also randomly drops to 0 even when I am close to the router (doesn't happen on other machines)

2. I frequently encounter BSODs out of the blue, aggravated when the computer is idle or running on battery. The BSOD codes are completely random and unique as well each time so it's difficult to debug the actual issue. Examples of codes I encountered include:

• KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
    • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (Win32kfull.sys)
    • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (dxgkml.sys)
    • IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    • KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
    • DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER
    • MEMORY MANAGEMENT
    I reinstalled Windows with the hope of getting things fixed but it didn't solve the issue. I tried the DotNet Framework idle fix but that didn't work either. I now use an "Automatic cursor mover" in the hopes of keeping the computer from crashing but the
    computer crashes out of the blue randomly. I changed the battery with an official, fresh one but the issue is still unresolved. I tried switching and subtracting the RAM but the issue is still unresolved.

Note that I do heavy work on my machine such as training neural networks, vector designing in Adobe Illustrator, 3D modelling in AutoCAD/Solidworks, PCB Designing in Proteus etc. I don't know if such work has ruined something inside the machine.

Swapnil Sayan Saha, Oct 30, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Ztruker Win User

Random BSOD and Slow Wifi Problem

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Random BSOD and Slow Wifi Problem

1. Random BSOD and Slow Wifi Problem - Similar Threads - Random BSOD Slow

2. Wifi slows down randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi slows down randomly: This has been going on for quite some time now but recently it’s gotten worse. What happens is my download speed will randomly drop to 2-20 mbps sometimes even less than a megabit and stay there. The thing is though is once I go to network adapters and disable the Wi-Fi...
  3. wifi problem slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi problem slow: my laptop is just a month old and my wifi driver keeps working fine but now a days i have noticed that my the wifi speed and lan speed i am getting is quite slow means i have a connection of 150 mbps mega bits but i get only 10 to 15 mbpsmega bits i have also tried to reset...
  4. Wifi Randomly Slows Down

Wifi Randomly Slows Down: I have full bars and yet every once in a while my wifi slows down for hours at a time. One minute I'm streaming games then suddenly I can't even pull up my email without having to wait 2 minutes forTEXT to load. I have Windows 10 64-bit. That's all I know. I know nothing...
  5. slow wifi

slow wifi: Why is my wifi speed so slow after updating to windows 10 Home? Ethernet speeds are great https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wifi/572c37e1-7ab6-47ce-b619-3faf26638073
  6. Slow Wifi

Slow Wifi: Wifi is running very slow and limited only on windows 10. On other devices (Android & Ubuntu), internet is really good. On windows 10 it runs too slow. Download speed is horrible and sometimes it stops. Download speed is like 10KB while on android devices speed runs as much...
  7. Slow WiFi

Slow WiFi: Ever since I installed Windows 10 home version 1903 . I've had WiFi problems. Downloads are slow and pausing and videos are jerky and pausing. I hooked up my ethernet cable to my router and computer and everything works perfectly. Right now I have my ethernet cable laying...
  8. Slow WiFi

Slow WiFi: Ever since I installed Windows 10 home version 1809 build 17763.55, I've had WiFi problems. Downloads are slow and pausing and videos are jerky and pausing (I guess rebuffering)… I hooked up my ethernet cable to my router and computer and everything works perfectly. So...
  9. Random computer bsods and problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random computer bsods and problems: Recently, my computer has been randomly blue screening and the error codes change (kernel security check failure, SYSTEM_SERVICE_ERROR, etc). Also, when running video games, it tells me that the files have been corrupted, even when the game has been played recently and worked...
  10. Random BSOD And problems booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD And problems booting: My PC crahes and BSOD at randowm times, no pattern to it really. I also sometimes have problems booting the pc, it just hangs on a black screen and will only eventually boot if i turn it off and back on. Attatched the crash file 12738