Windows 10: Random BSOD crashes happening

Discus and support Random BSOD crashes happening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm hoping someone in this forum can help me figure out what's happening. I was previously running Windows 7 with no issues but then upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by keemb, Nov 12, 2015.

1. keemb Win User

Random BSOD crashes happening

I'm hoping someone in this forum can help me figure out what's happening. I was previously running Windows 7 with no issues but then upgraded to Windows 8 and later 8.1. With both of these versions I got random BSOD crashes every now and then. I upgraded to Windows 10 thinking it would help but so far I'm run into the same issues. The BSOD messages are not always the same e.g. the last one i got was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT but other times I've gotten FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION etc. I've been strongly suspecting a driver so I upgraded every single driver manually as well as using driver upgrade software but that hasn't helped. The last time I installed Windows 10 I made sure to only load minimal drivers and run it for about a month and in that time I didn't get any crash. As soon as I installed all the drivers for all my peripherals, this started happening again. I may be off here but that's my assumption.

In any case I've attached the log from the crash collector. Please let me know if i need anything else. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

keemb, Nov 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 freezing, shutdown, BSOD errors and constant 100% disk usage.

Specs added to post.

BSOD errors happen every couple of days, but random shutdowns after a few minutes of online time are more common. Also there is the constant high disk usage, >90%.

Tried the driver verifier method some time ago but it does not makes my pc crash for the BSOD errors to appear nor do i know what exactly makes my pc crash.

SanndyTheManndy, Nov 12, 2015
  3. loglolol Win User
    Constant Crashing / BSOD

Hey. I've been having issues with my computer crashing or bluescreening. The time inbetween the crashes are random, and the messages in the BSOD's are seemingly random. If you need anything to help ID the problem, please let me know.

Thanks for your time

loglolol, Nov 12, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi keemb,

You are required to remove any bypass and related software
    Code: 127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 na1r.services.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 hlrcv.stage.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com[/quote] Forum rules
    Random BSOD crashes happening [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

5. keemb Win User
    Hello axe0,

Thanks for the swift response! I've uninstalled the bypass and related software as well as removed the Driver Booster and rolled back any updates with that. I must however stress that those were installed in a bid to find a solution to the crashes so I doubt that the removal will make a difference. In either case they are gone. Do you want me to re-attach a new log?

keemb, Nov 13, 2015
  6. keemb Win User
    Well, it just crashed again after my cleanup and manual update of the drivers from the manufacturers website. This time my Google chrome stopped working and on trying to reload it was when the BSOD appeared.

The other interesting thing that seems to happen every now and then (and which happened for this last crash) is that my primary SSD Hard Drive disappears from BIOS on restart. I have to shut down the computer completely (with the Power button) to get it to show up again. It's very strange. Once it's up again it's all good and a restart doesn't cause the drive to disappear.. it only happens randomly on BSODs.

Anyways, i've attached the new log file. Hopefully someone can figure this out.. it's driving me nuts!

keemb, Nov 13, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    No record about bluescreens after 12th this month.
    I recommend to remove MSI software while troubleshooting, some could cause/have influence on bluescreens.

Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are recent dump files saved after 12th this month.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

8. keemb Win User

Removed MSI software and changed my settings to collect small dump files and it blue screened again today. Log attached.

keemb, Nov 16, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Latest 2 are both 0x1A(MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) which is related to the memory or drivers.
    Please update the Logitech webcam driver, Logitech Camera driver, Logitech USB driver to start with with the drivers.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

10. keemb Win User
    So a couple of things.

First, the Logitech drivers I had were the latest so I couldn't update them any further, however I didn't have the main software installed. So i downloaded and installed the entire bundle from Logitech so that should be updated now.

Second, I performed the Memtest and found a bunch of errors while running with both RAM. So I started testing them individually and found one of them was the issue as it failed the Memtest. I repeated the test with the second RAM and that passed just fine. Needless to say I'm sending the failed RAM back to the manufacturer to get a replacement.

As a result of the faulty RAM, i'm just using one 8MB RAM and surprisingly the computer crashed again this evening *Smile. Although this time WhoCrashed seems to indicate a driver (possibly netio). Any ideas?

Crash log attached. What next to try?

keemb, Nov 21, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    NETIO is the Network Input/Output System driver, a network driver

Looking at the stack, it starts with a driver from Kaspersky
    Driver Reference Table - klwtp.sys
    Please uninstall Kaspersky while troubleshooting and use Windows Defender as alternative
    Service articles

Code: 4: kd> k Child-SP RetAddr Call Site ffffd000`221275b8 fffff801`46dd2ea9 nt!KeBugCheckEx ffffd000`221275c0 fffff801`46dd27bc nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69 ffffd000`22127700 fffff801`46dce50d nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+0x7c ffffd000`22127740 fffff801`46cee780 nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xd ffffd000`22127770 fffff801`46ceb3a8 nt!RtlDispatchException+0x4e8 ffffd000`22127e80 fffff801`46dd2f82 nt!KiDispatchException+0x144 ffffd000`22128560 fffff801`46dd16a2 nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2 ffffd000`22128740 fffff801`42b4e20f nt!KiPageFault+0x222 ffffd000`221288d0 fffff801`42b4dcc0 NETIO!StreamInvokeCalloutAndNormalizeAction+0x2b7 ffffd000`221289b0 fffff801`42b4b555 NETIO!StreamProcessCallout+0x540 ffffd000`22128af0 fffff801`42b4a434 NETIO!ProcessCallout+0x685 ffffd000`22128c60 fffff801`42b48f5e NETIO!ArbitrateAndEnforce+0x494 ffffd000`22128e50 fffff801`42b8d5d0 NETIO!KfdClassify+0x32e ffffd000`221292c0 fffff801`42b8d06c NETIO!StreamInternalClassify+0x110 ffffd000`221293f0 fffff801`42b8a225 NETIO!StreamInject+0x214 ffffd000`221294c0 fffff801`443a661d NETIO!FwppStreamInject+0x135 ffffd000`22129550 fffff801`4a159bae fwpkclnt!FwpsStreamInjectAsync0+0xfd ffffd000`221295b0 ffffe000`a7a16530 klwtp+0x9bae ffffd000`221295b8 ffffd000`22129621 0xffffe000`a7a16530 ffffd000`221295c0 00000000`00000000 0xffffd000`22129621[/quote] Kaspersky somehow makes a wrong action when trying to access the internet, what causes an exception the network drivers can't execute because it is unknown what could go wrong or even corrupted.

12. keemb Win User
    6 days after the removal of Kaspersky and still no crash. Will keep tracking for another week, to make sure, but it's looking like it could have been Kaspersky all along. Lets see what happens this week.

keemb, Nov 28, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

I think more it was everything together.
    A bluescreen doesn't always have just 1 cause, but could have tons of causes.

14. keemb Win User
    Just when I thought it was all behind me... it crashed today again. This time it did it kinda slowly. My media player slowed like it was being controlled by a DJ and then it froze for about a minute before the blue screen appeared. I just installed a printer an hour before this occurred but not sure if that has anything to do with the issue (WatchDog violation). Log attached.

keemb, Dec 13, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Are you using RAID?
    Code: ffffd001`79b0c858 fffff800`27748800Unable to load image iaStorA.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys iaStorA+0xb8800 0: kd> lmvm iastora start end module name fffff800`27690000 fffff800`27c02000 iaStorA T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: iaStorA.sys Image path: iaStorA.sys Image name: iaStorA.sys Timestamp: Wed Jun 03 11:38:57 2015 (556ECB31) CheckSum: 00165AED ImageSize: 00572000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling system and other used stuff.How to fill in your system specs:

Thema:

1. Random BSOD crashes happening - Similar Threads - Random BSOD crashes

2. BSODs randomly happening on random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs randomly happening on random times: Hi folks! So I got this issue I have been having for months, where my computer would crash with a BSOD in some cases. I thought it was about driver issues but none of the drivers seem like it points towards the BSODs at all As far as I know.In fact, all the BSODs pointed...
  3. BSODs randomly happening on random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs randomly happening on random times: Hi folks! So I got this issue I have been having for months, where my computer would crash with a BSOD in some cases. I thought it was about driver issues but none of the drivers seem like it points towards the BSODs at all As far as I know.In fact, all the BSODs pointed...
  4. BSOD : DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION - Randomly happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD : DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION - Randomly happens: Hello,I'm looking to understand why my computer keeps randomly getting BSOD saying "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION"Here is the minidump file processed through WinDbg : https://pastebin.com/YKkKDbdW - I'm not sure how to read it correctly to find where it's coming from!I...
  5. BSOD : DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION - Randomly happens

BSOD : DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION - Randomly happens: Hello,I'm looking to understand why my computer keeps randomly getting BSOD saying "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION"Here is the minidump file processed through WinDbg : https://pastebin.com/YKkKDbdW - I'm not sure how to read it correctly to find where it's coming from!I...
  6. Random BSODs happening occasionally

Random BSODs happening occasionally: Hello, As mentioned in the title, I recently had problems with my laptop. It started to bluescreen starting from last week and it has been happening a few times during the week. When it occurs, the error code is cut off, so I have to look it up through event viewer which...
  7. Random BSODs happening occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs happening occasionally: Hello, As mentioned in the title, I recently had problems with my laptop. It started to bluescreen starting from last week and it has been happening a few times during the week. When it occurs, the error code is cut off, so I have to look it up through event viewer which...
  8. Random BSoD's happening for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSoD's happening for no reason.: Hello!I am experiencing random BSoD's for a while now, and I thought that now is the right time to find a solution to stop them, due to the amount of BSoD's increasing.When I wake the PC from sleep there will be a variety of BSoD's. Such as: KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled,...
  9. Random BSoD's happening for no reason.

Random BSoD's happening for no reason.: Hello!I am experiencing random BSoD's for a while now, and I thought that now is the right time to find a solution to stop them, due to the amount of BSoD's increasing.When I wake the PC from sleep there will be a variety of BSoD's. Such as: KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled,...
  10. Random crashes still happen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random crashes still happen: My laptop has been crashing randomly. I already tried an older version for my graphics card. Is it still the same problem? Here are the dump files : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ROMAG_iEqBp60rbP8VxvK9aC7nSoSqUx Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you!...