Windows 10: Random BSOD - Critical Process Died Currently Using Windows 10

Discus and support Random BSOD - Critical Process Died Currently Using Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Was hoping someone here can assist me. I have a MSI Laptop that is currently using an SSD as bootup drive, and an HDD as secondary storage.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marianne Recuenco, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Random BSOD - Critical Process Died Currently Using Windows 10

Hi,

Was hoping someone here can assist me.

I have a MSI Laptop that is currently using an SSD as bootup drive, and an HDD as secondary storage. Roughly 5 mons ago, I purchased the said SSD Samsung EVO M.2 NVM to cure the nasty 100% disk usage I keep having ever since obtaining the laptop and upgrading to Win10, a known issue for the machine I have. For 2 mons it worked well, there were random restarts which i attributed to perhaps the Win 10 updates which i have on.

A little over a month ago, another restart happened, but this time, my BIOS was not able to recognize my SSD as the bootup drive. It took a while to return it to the previous setup which also made me do a fresh install of Win 10 Home version. After having it able to run again and install most of the bare necessities I need in my machine, everything went fine for a week.

However, it started to get the dreaded BSOD. Event logs does not offer much description other than the the standard unexpected shut down, and since it always restarts almost automatically after getting the BSOD, i was not able to read the first few error messages. After tinkering to ensure that it will not automatically restart after a system error, I got the following exceptions thrown:
    - 1st time and only once Unexpected Store Exception

- most recently Critical Process Died

The BSODs happened twice a day since yesterday, and at random times, regardless of which current application I'm running. Running chkdsk,sfc /scannow and DISM commands showed that everything is alright and that there are no errors in the drive. I even tried to remove and re-connect my HDD and SSD thinking it may just be loose coupling but I'm still getting the errors. All drivers in Device Manager are up to date and I made sure I have the latest Windows 10 update.

Please assist

:)

Marianne Recuenco, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 4, 2020
  4. junzy Win User

Random BSOD - Critical Process Died Currently Using Windows 10

Constant Critical Process Died BSOD

I get these random critical process died BSOD when I'm doing random things -- watching a movie or playing a video game. It happens during internet browsing as well. Please help.

junzy, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Random BSOD - Critical Process Died Currently Using Windows 10

1. Random BSOD - Critical Process Died Currently Using Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Random BSOD Critical

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Critical Process Died BSOD randomly happening

Critical Process Died BSOD randomly happening: Very recently I've had BSODs all over the place with the stop code Critical Process Died. It appears to happen at random times. I can sometimes predict it happening as the calling sings are that chrome stops rendering youtube videos and my pc begins to soft lock while sound...
  9. Random CRITICAL PROCESS DIED BSOD

Random CRITICAL PROCESS DIED BSOD: Experienced a BSOD today which resulted in a temporary corruption of windows system files. I say temporary because when I first attempted to use the windows tool to verify system files it failed but stated there were corrupted files. I rebooted and tried again and it passed...
  10. Random BSOD (critical process died)

Random BSOD (critical process died): Hey All, First post on these forums! Soooo, I've been pulling my hair out lately with this BSOD (critical process died) crash (usually occurs at least once a day.). I originally thought it might be hardware related, so I've pretty much replaced every component on my PC,...