Windows 10: Random BSOD due to hal.dll or ntfs.sys

Discus and support Random BSOD due to hal.dll or ntfs.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, First of all, excuse me for the english, it's not my native language. I've bought a MSI Prestige PE60-2QE recently from someone else, after some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by iRazorXS, Aug 1, 2018.

1. iRazorXS Win User

Random BSOD due to hal.dll or ntfs.sys

Hi,

First of all, excuse me for the english, it's not my native language.

I've bought a MSI Prestige PE60-2QE recently from someone else, after some overheating problems I removed the battery and it got solved. I must tell the HDD got removed for a Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, and there were a 4GB ram added, that I removed to dodge some bugs.

But BSOD remains (they were already happening before I remove the battery). These BSOD happens randomly, it can be before logging into the computer, or after 5 hours watching things etc.

Here are the two dump files that I can give you from WhoCrashed, because when the BSOD report is at 100%, nothing happens and it keeps on the BSOD so I have to force restart.

On Wed 01/08/2018 21:22:10 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xD0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF9709EC903028, 0xBE000000, 0x2117A)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 01/08/2018 19:10:30 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080118-4984-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x3F520)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF958496504028, 0xBE000000, 0x2117A)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

All the drivers are updated, it's a fresh Windows 10 Pro I installed myself and with a strict process, so I don't see from where those BSOD come from. There were a ntfs.sys BSOD but the dump file got deleted :/

Thanks already for the help

EDIT : Added the infos in attachment.

:)

iRazorXS, Aug 1, 2018
  2. TSX420J Win User
    TSX420J, Aug 1, 2018
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Jessen P Win User

BSOD dxgmms2.sys

Hi Dan,

Is it a random BSOD or fixed BSOD?

Dxgmms.sys is a DirectX file.

Try the steps mentioned below if it's a random BSOD.

Method 1: I suggest you to try to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about Blue screen issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I would suggest you to update the latest driver for display adapter and you may try to update all the drivers in the Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please revert if you get the blue screen.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Random BSOD due to hal.dll or ntfs.sys - Similar Threads - Random BSOD due

2. Random BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe: Recently my PC keeps getting bsod while gaming. Sometimes it also freeze my PC completely that my peripherals keyboard/mouse does not respond at all, so I had to force shutdown by pressing power button. I used BlueScreenView and it states that ntoskrnl.exe is the cause, but...
  3. Random BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe: Recently my PC keeps getting bsod while gaming. Sometimes it also freeze my PC completely that my peripherals keyboard/mouse does not respond at all, so I had to force shutdown by pressing power button. I used BlueScreenView and it states that ntoskrnl.exe is the cause, but...
  4. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS: I have a third gen. Lenovo Carbon X1. Up until this summer, it was running with the original Windows 10 installation from when I purhased it 2015-2016 timeframe. Last year one of the hinges broke and the wireless signal strength degraded from a broken antenna wire routed...
  5. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS: I have a third gen. Lenovo Carbon X1. Up until this summer, it was running with the original Windows 10 installation from when I purhased it 2015-2016 timeframe. Last year one of the hinges broke and the wireless signal strength degraded from a broken antenna wire routed...
  6. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

7. Seemingly Random BSOD on Windows 10 - hal+18f8 minidump included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seemingly Random BSOD on Windows 10 - hal+18f8 minidump included: I have had a random BSOD that I believed to have fixed over a month ago but today it happened again out of the blue. I have included both the minidump from the BSOD that happened today and the one from over a month ago as they both appear to be incredibly similar. I believe...
  8. Ntfs file sys error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ntfs file sys error: I got a ntfs file sys error i tried every method online and nothing fixes it i cant even boot into safe mode can someone help me pls submitted by /u/gurso21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ef60jw/ntfs_file_sys_error/
  9. BSODs Due to Qcamain10x65.sys Error

BSODs Due to Qcamain10x65.sys Error: Hi, A week ago I posted a question regarding a similar problem. For a while, I was getting the driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error. After looking at the minidump files, I was told to update my Qualcomm Atheros Network card device driver. I tried this solution, but I started...
  10. Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.

Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.: Hi, i recently started having issues with my computer crashing. I will provide the dump files. I've looked up what cm11264.sys was connected to and it was my pair of Sennheiser 363d. I have since then tried multiple driver versions, and now have switched to a different port....