Windows 10: Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever

Discus and support Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Imgur: The magic of the Internet Randomly happened after like 4+ hours of playing a game that I have been playing for a month straight with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wsdude, Jul 17, 2019.

1. wsdude Win User

Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever

Imgur: The magic of the Internet Randomly happened after like 4+ hours of playing a game that I have been playing for a month straight with no issues.This is a first time this error happened.

Posted dumpfile below.

:)

wsdude, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Bonn84 Win User

Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, Jul 17, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Here are the magician screenshots:

Disk Drive

Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever [​IMG]

SMART button:

These tests didn't take long. Perhaps I missed a checkbox?

Also good to mention, I always get this message when starting " Samsung Magician":

I installed the SSD drive during Christmas 2016. I tried different drivers etc, but this message always came back.
    As my PC worked perfectly at that time, I let it rest in the end and used the lastest microsoft driver that windows update installed.

As to the steps in post #22. I did not yet executed these steps, so I cannot give you an update just yet.
    I hesitate a bit, because they seem to bring me in a new level of computer repair&analysis - into an area that is new to me. A bit out of my "comfort zone", and I need time to familiarize myself with these enhanced steps, so that I feel myself capable enough of doing them, without fearing to screw up my PC. Please give me some time for this. Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever :) I will try to do this during this weekend.

I also didn't come round into doing steps 10 and 11 from post #8. Should I still do these?

Smurfmans, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever - Similar Threads - Random BSOD error

2. Windows first boot ever error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows first boot ever error: Got a brand new laptop with the windows 10 pro on it and my first boot ever got stuck. All I see is it saying account on the top and keyboard&sound at the bottom. Literally nothing else is happening, rebooting doesn’t work, it just puts laptop into sleep mode and after I push...
  3. Windows first boot ever error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows first boot ever error: Got a brand new laptop with the windows 10 pro on it and my first boot ever got stuck. All I see is it saying account on the top and keyboard&sound at the bottom. Literally nothing else is happening, rebooting doesn’t work, it just puts laptop into sleep mode and after I push...
  4. Windows first boot ever error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My machine just got it's first ever BSOD.

My machine just got it's first ever BSOD.: I was watching a youtube video when crashed. The BSOD code was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. The PC is new, I've been using it for maybe 5 months, I found it really weird that it got a BSOD, as it never happened. My configs are as in my profile, Windows x64 20H2 (version...
  6. Frequent BSOD crashes error 1001

Frequent BSOD crashes error 1001: Hello, recently ive been getting a string of BSODs, when viewed on Event Finder its listed as event id: 1001 and described as "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8030870faec, 0xffffb402fe898180,...
  7. BSOD when playing browser game, first BSOD error ever from Win 10

BSOD when playing browser game, first BSOD error ever from Win 10: As the title says this is the first actual BSOD error i've gotten on this computer since upgrading to Win 10 which was over a year ago. And probably only the 5th time i've ever gotten a BSOD on this computer. It happened in the middle of playing an in browser game that...
  8. BSOD at random times ever since PC was built

BSOD at random times ever since PC was built: I built my PC last year and have been getting random BSODs ever since. I have reinstalled and updated Windows 2 or 3 times, but it has no effect. I even rebuilt my PC recently, which stopped BSODs for a few days, but now they are happening again. I thought it could be the...
  9. First BSOD ever in Win10 x64. "Reference by pointer"

First BSOD ever in Win10 x64. "Reference by pointer": I just had the very first BSOD ever in Win10 x64. "Reference by pointer". *Sad I was playing "Heroes and Generals", a which is a webbased game, using Chrome. No other app, just Chrome with Whatsappweb, Facebook and Google Calendar. Here i send the Zip generated by the DM...
  10. Random BSOD in random times

Random BSOD in random times: Hi, I'm really hoping to solve the problem since it's starting to distract seriously. I think since early summer BSODs been flashing now and then and now more and more often. Naturally I've tried memory solutions found online for memory related BSODs but now the different...