Windows 10: Random BSoD errors multiple times a day

Discus and support Random BSoD errors multiple times a day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, one PC is experiencing continuous blue screen errors, few times each day. It's on warranty period and I already changed motherboard and power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GreinplastSp. z o.o., May 17, 2022.

1. Random BSoD errors multiple times a day

Hello, one PC is experiencing continuous blue screen errors, few times each day. It's on warranty period and I already changed motherboard and power supply. Also checked memory for errors with Memtest86, reinstalled Windows and updated uefi firmware, nothing helps. I'm uploading .dmp file and Windbg analysis, can someone help?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pH61LjzNmtj6B_jvfXYeajuqnTFbVCZG/view?usp=sharing - filehttps://pastebin.com/jZ9h1ZwE - analysis

:)

GreinplastSp. z o.o., May 17, 2022

2. Various BSOD Errors Help

Hey all,

I've received multiple BSOD errors the past 2 days after rebuilding my PC. I've been trying to figure out the issue.

These are the few BSOD messages I remember seeing:

• DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (multiple times)
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (one time)
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (one time)
    • WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (multiple times)
    Here's a link to the dmp files and system information: WindowsIssue

Steps I've taken:

• fully updated drivers
    • applied all Windows updates
    • Removed unnecessary hardware
    • Monitored CPU/GPU temps (log file on temps during last crash in share)
    Any help would be appreciated.

brando8924, May 17, 2022
  3. TyloRen Win User
    Random BSODs Throughout The Day

Attachment 69824

Hi All,

As the title says, I am getting random BSODs throughout the day on my machine. Funny part is that I haven't actually seen what the BSOD errors are; I'll just step away from my computer and it's restarted because of BSOD. You'll see from my logs that on one night alone when I left my computer on and charging overnight that it crashed and rebooted over 40 times.

In any case, hoping someone can take a look at the logs and isolate the issue. Happy to provide any additional information that might help.

Thanks in advance!

Update: Computer just had a BSOD and the error was "REGISTRY_ERROR".

TyloRen, May 17, 2022
  4. Bonn84 Win User

Random BSoD errors multiple times a day

Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, May 17, 2022
Thema:

Random BSoD errors multiple times a day

1. Random BSoD errors multiple times a day - Similar Threads - Random BSoD errors

2. Getting BSOD multiple times a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD multiple times a day: My laptop been getting BSOD almost everyday and it could happen 4-5 times a day. I did run Verifier before once and the problem was from "igovsd.sys". I reinstalled all my audio driver so it's probably fixed but BSOD still occurs as frequently so I don't know what's the...
  3. Getting BSOD multiple times a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting BSOD multiple times a day: My laptop been getting BSOD almost everyday and it could happen 4-5 times a day. I did run Verifier before once and the problem was from "igovsd.sys". I reinstalled all my audio driver so it's probably fixed but BSOD still occurs as frequently so I don't know what's the...
  4. Random BSoD errors multiple times a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSoD errors multiple times a day: Hello, one PC is experiencing continuous blue screen errors, few times each day. It's on warranty period and I already changed motherboard and power supply. Also checked memory for errors with Memtest86, reinstalled Windows and updated uefi firmware, nothing helps. I'm...
  5. Random BSoD errors multiple times a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSoD errors multiple times a day: Hello, one PC is experiencing continuous blue screen errors, few times each day. It's on warranty period and I already changed motherboard and power supply. Also checked memory for errors with Memtest86, reinstalled Windows and updated uefi firmware, nothing helps. I'm...
  6. BSOD multiple times a day: ntkrnlmp.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD multiple times a day: ntkrnlmp.exe: Looking for some guidance to better understand what's causing the blue screens. Please find attached dump. Custom Built PC. Ryzen 5 3600, X570 AORUS ELITE MB. 16GB ram 8gbx2. nvidia 2070. I thought it was the nvidia drivers, so I ran the driver uninstall tool, but I continue...
  7. BSOD Multiple Times a Day

BSOD Multiple Times a Day: Hi folks, this issue has been plaguing me for several weeks and has gotten worse over the past few days. I first noticed that occasionally maybe about once every couple of months I would get a BSOD with code KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. At the time it wasn't happening...
  8. BSOD multiple times a day,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD multiple times a day,: I've been getting BSODs for a long time, about 1-3 times a day. I ran the Driver Verifier. It would crash before reaching the desktop although I did resolve that. Driver that showed in the crash is Hpdskflt.sys. I added the Minidumps, Memory Dumps and System Logs onto...
  9. Random BSODs multiple times a day

Random BSODs multiple times a day: Good morning, My PC began experiencing period BSODs last week, accompanied by occasional non BSOD issues where the display would cut out and programs would display incorrectly, requiring a restart to correct. Initially I suspected the issue was my Nvidia drivers since I had...
  10. BSOD multiple times a day

BSOD multiple times a day: We came back from Christmas break and many of our windows 10 deployments are blue screening every few minutes/hours. We have analyzed the dumps and can isolate it to ntoskrnl.exe+16c4c0 causing all of the dumps. It appears to be a windows update got awry but we can't seem...