Windows 10: Random BSOD errors. No video on boot. Fans full speed.

Discus and support Random BSOD errors. No video on boot. Fans full speed. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built this PC at the end of the school year to be my primary PC for film color correction. A couple of months after the build, I was updating a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MassAwesomeOne, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Random BSOD errors. No video on boot. Fans full speed.

I built this PC at the end of the school year to be my primary PC for film color correction. A couple of months after the build, I was updating a driver and during reboot, the fans went to 100% and there was no video. KB + Mouse would light up though and I was even able to login (as confirmed by KB lights going from a wave to static) and then shut down the computer with a quick press of the power button (not a forced shutdown).

I removed the card and put it in an old build, and took my GTX 970 and put it in this PC. The 2080 worked in the old build just fine. I reinstall the card, and I get video again. A few weeks later, it happens again. I re-seat the card and get video back. I DDU the graphics drivers and reinstall them. Now I am getting BSOD errors randomly, and different errors every time. I have tried to save event logs whenever I encounter a BSOD.

A friend suggested I update the BIOS and make sure my chipset drivers are up to date. I install the chipset drivers again, and I notice when I check the BIOS that the update lists "Compatibility for i9-9920X". I flash the BIOS. Today I just got another BSOD and will be re-installing windows once I finish up a couple of projects I am on right now.

I have attached a log gathered with the V2 log collector. Due to work, I was not able to post at the latest BSOD date. Known BSOD dates are 9/21, 9/26, and 10/08. BAT-COMPUTER-(2019-10-18_13-24-22).zip
    Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418)

I am at my wit's end with this computer and desperate for any assistance or ideas you might have. Any and all help is appreciated.

:)

MassAwesomeOne, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Bonn84 Win User

Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, Oct 28, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Random BSOD errors. No video on boot. Fans full speed.

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Random BSOD errors. No video on boot. Fans full speed.

1. Random BSOD errors. No video on boot. Fans full speed. - Similar Threads - Random BSOD errors

2. Blue screen occurs when changing fan speed to full speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen occurs when changing fan speed to full speed: Im changed the sys fan speed to full speed, but after that I had a blue screen, I plugged all my fans into the motherboard. Why did it happen and what's the solution?...
  3. Blue screen occurs when changing fan speed to full speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen occurs when changing fan speed to full speed: Im changed the sys fan speed to full speed, but after that I had a blue screen, I plugged all my fans into the motherboard. Why did it happen and what's the solution?...
  4. Fan running at full speed all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan running at full speed all the time: My laptop was running fine and dandy, no loud fan noise, fan would rotate at full speed only when i play games and even at that times fan wouldn't make that much of noise. Untill today's morning when the windows 10 latest update got installed automatically and now fan is...
  5. Fan running at full speed all the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan running at full speed all the time: My laptop was running fine and dandy, no loud fan noise, fan would rotate at full speed only when i play games and even at that times fan wouldn't make that much of noise. Untill today's morning when the windows 10 latest update got installed automatically and now fan is...
  6. Fan running at full speed all the time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Random BSOD errors. No video on boot. At my wit's end.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD errors. No video on boot. At my wit's end.: I built this PC at the end of the school year to be my primary PC for film color correction. A couple of months after the build, I was updating a driver and during reboot, the fans went to 100% and there was no video. KB + Mouse would light up though and I was even able to...
  8. Fan randomly starts at high speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan randomly starts at high speed: While not doing any cpu intensive tasks, my fan has started up randomly very fast, and i have to restart my laptop to make it go back to normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-randomly-starts-at-high-speed/1e84cd7c-df8b-49c4-a158-d2ff1f1897b9
  9. fan is running at full speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    fan is running at full speed: I have a problem with a fan because it is running at full speed all the time. It is an old problem which I am unable to fix. I think the OS cannot detect the hardware and force the fan to run at full speed. It is Dell Precision T3500, Windows 10, ver. 10.0.17763. I...
  10. Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED: Hi all, I did a clean install of windows 10 about 2 months ago. Everything was fine till all of a sudden I came home one day and found my GPUs fan at full blast making some real good noise. Turned off the computer, checked the card, cleaned it (pressurized air) and put...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell t3500 random restart problem