Windows 10: Random BSOD every 1-3 hours

Discus and support Random BSOD every 1-3 hours in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my computer recently experienced BSOD and automatic restart, can anyone help? DESKTOP-T87L90L-Thu_12_27_2018_114126_77.zip 124189 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yogajiwanjaya, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Random BSOD every 1-3 hours

my computer recently experienced BSOD and automatic restart, can anyone help?
    DESKTOP-T87L90L-Thu_12_27_2018_114126_77.zip

:)

yogajiwanjaya, Dec 27, 2018
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Random BSOD every 1-3 hours

Random but frequent BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error

I’m getting a lots of BSOD with whea_uncorrectable_error and I have tried lots of thing/suggestions from googleing…. Before this happened it all worked perfectly fine for a month and all of the sudden
    it began. It have never been overclocked only RAM have been set for XMP standard.

So here is my information and the behavior of my system

Setup:

• ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 (1+ month old)
    • Intel i7-6700K (Stock speed) (1+ month old)
    • Noctua NH-D15 (1+ month old)
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666MHz 2 x 8GB (1+ month old)
    • Samsung 850 pro 128 GB (2 years old)
    • Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W (3 years old)

What I have tried hardware wise:

• Removed all unnecessary connections such as extra front USB and AUDIO connection
    • Removed all other drives than the OS drive
    • Switched RAM sockets placing and tried only one at a time (with each one)
    • Moved jumper back and forth
    • Reset BIOS settings
    • Installed OS on different drive
    • Changed to use different keyboard/mouse
    • Firmware updated both SSD and BIOS
    • Unplugged internet cable
    • XMP left on and off

What I have tried OS wise:

• Windows 10 version 1607 anniversary update (newest and fully updated windows 10)
    • Windows 10 version 1607 anniversary update (without updating)
    • Windows 10 version 1511 (to determine of some updates between 1511 and 1607 were the issue)
    • Windows 7 service 1 (fully updated)
    • Windows 7 service 1 (not updated) – Pretty stable (1 BSOD total)
    • Booting into safemode seems to remove the issue aswell

What I have tried software/testing wise (all tests passed):

• Run memtest86
    • Intel Diagnostic Tool
    • CMD chkdsk
    • CMD sfc /scannow
    • Windows memory dia tool
    • Prime95 for hours’ multiple times (temp really isn’t an issue max 70c but mostly around 60c)
    • DRIVER VERIFIER
    • Furmark
    • PCMark 7 – tried all free benchmarks (on sable win 7)
    • HDTune
    • CrystalInfo
    • Intel Driver Update Utility
    • Uninstalled most drivers and installed all newest drives from ASUS website (only drivers)

BSOD “whea_uncorrectable_error” happens with no visible pattern, but her is what I have seen:

• BSOD happens regular 3-15 min from boot time
    • BSOD can happen before login (at login screen)
    • BSOD happens both if left totally untouched or if used
    • BSOD seems to be delayed by prime95 (my thought is that prime95 takes all the CPU power/priority from other threads, so the software issue or whatever can’t be executed)
    • A prime95 test of 1 hour happened without BSOD, 7 min after prime95 end a BSOD happened
    • Nothing specific seems to trigger the issue
    • Windows 7 service 1 without updates - doesn’t seem to be triggered or just not as easily (The only 1 BSOD happened shortly after inserting ASUS driver cd(might be random) on a fresh WIN 7 install, for 2 days it ran without BSOD)

I have tried online dmp file analysis and can see mostly:

• Machine Check Exception
    • 0x124_GenuineIntel
    • WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT or WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

I hope somebody can help me, I don’t know what else to do, it could be a hardware issue with the newer parts and I could send it for RMA, but to me it seems as a software issue when prime95 can delay it
    and there mostly isn’t any issue with windows 7 service 1 without any updates.

I have made a ZIP with a dmp files in different folder for each OS

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxl9dui6ePZ7QnVFU290YUYwUWc/view?usp=sharing

MikkelKristensen, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Random BSOD every 1-3 hours

1. Random BSOD every 1-3 hours - Similar Threads - Random BSOD every

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  5. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  6. BSOD every 1 hour (System Service Exception)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD every 1 hour (System Service Exception): Hi! So for the past 6 hours or so, my laptop (which has an i5, 12GB RAM, and Windows 10 Home) has been getting the BSOD. It all started when I was browsing on Chrome when it crashed all of a sudden. I can use the laptop for an hour or so, but afterwards it'll just crash...
  7. BSOD every 3-6 hours. afd.sys, nwifi.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD every 3-6 hours. afd.sys, nwifi.sys: Hello, My laptop has been recently having BSOD every 3-6 hours. Sometimes it's due to afd.sys, sometimes due to nwifi.sys. The link to recent minidump files is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alap-vWK0mekiY9QNK6j-K-0cSvKrw?e=jCBX1o I've installed all latest drivers, but...
  8. Windows 10 keep crashing every 1-3 hours

Windows 10 keep crashing every 1-3 hours: Starting on September 13, 2019 suddenly, Windows 10 keep crashing every 1-3 hours either with Stop code: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED or Stop code: UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION. I also noticed the Disk usage is at 100% on Task manager most of the time. Things I did that did not...
  9. Alert every 1 hour?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alert every 1 hour?: I need to set alert every 1 hour but can't find this option in clock settings. It is possible in windows 10? Can't believe it is not there... probably I just can't find it :P...
  10. BSOD every hour

BSOD every hour: Would like to find out why I am blue screening . Thanks. 72866