Windows 10: Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting

Discus and support Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently replaced the mobo and the CPU on this system. I am getting BSOD and/or the computer randomly freeze or restart on its own. I did run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by macsaby, Nov 3, 2015.

1. macsaby Win User

Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting

I recently replaced the mobo and the CPU on this system. I am getting BSOD and/or the computer randomly freeze or restart on its own. I did run the computer in safe mode for a whole day and did not have any of the aforementioned issues.

Thank you for the help.

:)

macsaby, Nov 3, 2015

2. [Windows 10] Random freezes, restarts and BSOD

Hello

I'm just trying to follow your instructions on giving some information on my system to you and the only .DMP files that I have in my windows directory (no minidump file but I have changed that) is a .DMP file that was created more than a week ago now (dated
    19/8/16).

Do you still want that file or not? (NB this DMP file would have been made after a crash before I did the windows anniversary update so I'm not sure how much use it would be now)

I can still give you the system info file if you want as well (or does the system info file just help in using the DMP file?)

Thanks

earlbrownie, Nov 3, 2015
  3. [Windows 10] Random freezes, restarts and BSOD

Hello

I arrived home from a week away yesterday and found that my computer started up and worked fairly well until I put it to sleep at the end of the day.

During that uptime (~6 hours) I ran a number of updates that needed to be done and also managed to play a number of hours of both payday 2 and borderlands 2 as well without a hitch. The times that crashes occured were the games themselves and not the system
    (which I am OK with).

After 1 restart the system did get stuck at the black screen white dots loading screen which I had to hard restart to get out of.

When I woke up the comptuer the following morning I started up payday 2 as normal and the game crashed. I launched it again and the entire system did another random restart, it didn't fully start up again and came to a black with white dots loading screen
    after POST so I had to hard restart it.

Again, the system didn't detect the restart and only detected the hard restart that I did as a critical system failure.

The problem seems to have survived the anniversary update along with one other problem.

Whenever I start up my computer after a shut down or I do a restart the task bar icons do not appear initially and only appear after about 10 mins of waiting.

It's not that the icons aren't there, the buttons do not work at all.

The only icons that are present on start up are: start (thankfully!), cortana, task view and the notifications centre.

Is there a fix available for this? It also seems weird that this problem persisted past the anniversary update.

I'm going to try running a few clean restarts to see if a service is causing any of these issues that I'm having if not I will look into the recovery media use.

(Quick question: what does the recovery media actually do that other diagnostic processes cant do? how does it leave my system after I use it? Does it erase applications but leave my files or does it just try to fix windows system files?)

Also could this be a hardware issue where something isn't getting enough cooling or enough power that it should do? If that is the case (how) can I find out what the problem is and then how can I solve that problem?

Thanks

earlbrownie, Nov 3, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi macsaby,

You have KMSpico installed
    This program is used for cracking Office and Windows.
    Although you have Office also installed, following below shows that your installation is cracked.
    Following marked in red are NOT correct for this version of Windows 10.
    Code: <TotalGraceDays>0</TotalGraceDays> <ValidityExpiration></ValidityExpiration> <ActivePartialProductKey>T83GX</ActivePartialProductKey> <ActiveProductKeyPid2>00331-10000-00001-AA532</ActiveProductKeyPid2> <OSVersion>10.0.10240.2.00010100.0.0.048</OSVersion> <ProductName>Windows 10 Pro</ProductName> <ProcessorArchitecture>x64</ProcessorArchitecture> <EditionId>Professional</EditionId> <BuildLab>10240.th1.150930-1750</BuildLab> <TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone> <ActiveSkuId>2de67392-b7a7-462a-b1ca-108dd189f588</ActiveSkuId> <ActiveSkuDescription>Windows(R) Operating System, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel</ActiveSkuDescription> <ProductUniquenessGroups>55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f</ProductUniquenessGroups> <ActiveProductKeyPKeyId>08e404fb-41f3-77ac-59ef-6e9f2d3f499d</ActiveProductKeyPKeyId> <ActiveProductKeyPidEx>03612-03311-000-000001-03-1033-10240.0000-3022015</ActiveProductKeyPidEx> <ActiveProductKeyChannel>Volume:GVLK</ActiveProductKeyChannel> <ActiveVolumeCustomerPid>55041-00206-314-520456-03-1033-7601.0000-1142014</ActiveVolumeCustomerPid> <OfflineInstallationId>759547546564557948323559255136396941343381448418356223104322481</OfflineInstallationId>[/quote] Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
    A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, many if not all analysts won't attempt it.

I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
    If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.

axe0, Nov 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting - Similar Threads - Random BSOD freezing

2. Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD: Hello, I've been having issues with my PC randomly restarting or freezing the symptoms vary each time. Sometimes the display freezes and the audio stutters before the PC restarts, sometimes the PC restarts immediately, and sometimes it freezes without restarting at all. I've...
  3. Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD: Hello, I've been having issues with my PC randomly restarting or freezing the symptoms vary each time. Sometimes the display freezes and the audio stutters before the PC restarts, sometimes the PC restarts immediately, and sometimes it freezes without restarting at all. I've...
  4. Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random Freeze and Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Freeze and Restarts: My pc is just freezes when I start playing a game or sometimes restarts but after that restart it performs fine in games. I don't know why this is happening my temperatures are normal. Sometimes it also freezes at startup i.e. at password time.Things I have done:Windows...
  6. BSOD, freezing, random restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD, freezing, random restarts: Hello, after upgrading my motherboard and RAM i started getting BSOD, freezing and random restarts. I took it into a shop and they factory reset the PC but then the issues still keep happening. I have reset to windows 11 3 times now and the problem still exists. I have tried...
  7. BSOD, freezing, random restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, freezing, random restarts: Hello, after upgrading my motherboard and RAM i started getting BSOD, freezing and random restarts. I took it into a shop and they factory reset the PC but then the issues still keep happening. I have reset to windows 11 3 times now and the problem still exists. I have tried...
  8. BSOD DPC_WatchDog_Violation Freezes and Restarts Randomly

BSOD DPC_WatchDog_Violation Freezes and Restarts Randomly: ```Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22415.1002 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP]Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be available.************* Path...
  9. Random Freezes/Restarts

Random Freezes/Restarts: I have had this laptop for a month. It's supposed to be a gaming laptop. All drivers and windows are up to date. It's not over heating. All the diagnostic tools I've tried say the laptop is performing perfectly. Laptop randomly freezes or restarts. Usually freezes. Computer...
  10. PC freezing and then restarting randomly - BSOD

PC freezing and then restarting randomly - BSOD: Hi, I've got an issue where my PC would randomly freeze and then restart itself. This happens no matter whether I'm using it for intense processing or just idling. Today it finally managed to produce a dump file with the file causing the issue. Ntoskrnl.exe+487a98....