Windows 10: Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Discus and support Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get the BSOD when i watch netflix/youtube, it also happens sometimes when i randomly browse the net. I have removed the graphics card, external hdd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Datsuke, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Datsuke Win User

Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

I get the BSOD when i watch netflix/youtube, it also happens sometimes when i randomly browse the net.
    I have removed the graphics card, external hdd and have replaced the ram, motherboard and PSU.
    Ive ran chk disk and DISM, reinstalled a fresh copy of windows on the hdd instead of the main ssd, ive tried everything except replace the CPU.
    I used DDU to uninstall GPU drivers and updated witht the latest drivers from the EVGA website.

Please help I dont know what it could be.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Datsuke, Aug 27, 2017
  2. MRRogersam, Aug 27, 2017
  3. Ashchu117 Win User
    ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD (won't let me get into Windows)

I get 2 errors. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Ashchu117, Aug 27, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL +  KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE [​IMG]

Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL +  KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE [​IMG]

5. Datsuke Win User
    I have done this. could you please advise me on what to do next?

Thanks

Here is an updated dump since original post.

Datsuke, Aug 28, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Was the SSD disconnected while installing and when using Windows?

A few question in regards to the replaced parts.
    Did you replace them with known to be good parts? It happens that parts that haven't been used are either DOA (dead on arrival) or have a small defect.
    If you didn't, have you tested the RAM and checked the voltage values in the BIOS regarding the PSU and/or used a multimeter?

7. Datsuke Win User
    Yes I completely removed the ssd before installing on the hdd
    I replaced them with a new set from Amazon. Nope I haven't checked the voltages using a multimeter, but it's a new psu and I'm certain there's nothing wrong with my power supply or sockets it's connected to. I believe the problem is down to faulty drivers or cpu.
    How would I check the voltage values in bios and what should they be?

Datsuke, Aug 28, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

In the BIOS, find the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values, note them and post them.

9. Datsuke Win User
    3,3v = 3.312v
    5v= 5.000v
    12v= 12.192v

Datsuke, Aug 29, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    Those are safe values.

For ATX mainboards, those values should be in a range of 5% of the value.
    5v = 4.75 & 5.25
    12v = 11.4 & 12.6
    3.3v = 3.135 & 3.465

11. Datsuke Win User
    Ok thanks for the info but is there anything you can tell me based on the information from the dumps I have sent that will solve my problem.

Datsuke, Aug 30, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    The randomness doesn't point to something specific meaning a part of hardware is the likely cause but I cannot determine from the dumps which part.
    Besides of the CPU, I want to make sure you've not replaced a part with a faulty one.

13. aris003 Win User

It is probably caused by faulty hardware.Have you tried doing an clean install?

aris003, Aug 30, 2017
  14. Datsuke Win User
    I have done a clean install on 2 different hard drives.
    Intel will be picking up the CPU from me in a few days so fingers crossed that is the problem.

Datsuke, Aug 30, 2017
  15. aris003 Win User
    It probably id.have u tried changing the ram sticks.u could borrow from someone.check if the slots are faulty too

aris003, Aug 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE - Similar Threads - Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

2. Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi! I'm posting here because I am badly in need of help with my computer. I've been getting BSOD's but I am posting a history of what has happened below. Skip to the bottom for a list of specs, symptoms and a link to the crash dumps. I hope someone can help me, Thank you in...
  3. Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello everyone, My PC has been crashing for quite some time now. The Crashes are REALLY RANDOM. Some times its like 2 Months with no crash at all and then it comes a week where i get BSOD like every hour or more... One of the BSODs i get is the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I...
  4. BSOD, irql_not_less_or_equal, kernel_security_check_failure

BSOD, irql_not_less_or_equal, kernel_security_check_failure: Hello Everyone, Currently my PC is driving me completely insane, build a new rig, with (supposedly) all the latest drivers installed. But since a few days I get multiple BSOD with either irql_not_less_or_equal, kernel_security_check_failure. I've already run the obvious...
  5. BSODs KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and/or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSODs KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and/or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi! I've had a BSOD a few times before, also after waking sleep (say a year or so ago), but updating everything fixed it. Until now it seems. Now if my laptop has entered sleep mode (closing the lid or pressing the power button once) for a few hours at minimum (say 3 or...
  6. Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, I'm having some problems with random Bsods after upgrade from windows 7 to 10 (not clean install). I did clean reinstall of most of the drivers 1 by 1 to try and track down what's causing the issue without any luck. First i thought problem was Xonar STX driver...
  7. BSOD random "irql_not_less_or_equal"

BSOD random "irql_not_less_or_equal": Hello there 10 forum. from about 3 days I have frequently BSOD crashes showing irql_not_less_or_equal error. I have no idea why is it happening. It happens when I am watching streams, playing games, etc. :__; Here is the file: Attachment 34829 Thanks for any help....
  8. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE at random times

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE at random times: At completely random times (or so I think so) I get the BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I have updated all my drivers, updated windows, reinstalled all my drivers, but still no luck. When I use the Driver Verifier Manager to find unsigned drivers I find two...
  9. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hello I have been having some BSOD issues after the large January update, have done 2x clean Installs and the same still keep happening. I did update Intel Rapid Storage driver and it was then stable for about one week but have now started again. At this time there are...
  10. BSOD Random crashes KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

BSOD Random crashes KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: This has happened more than 30 times already within 5 hours span. The crash happens at random and I have no idea of knowing when it will happen. Infact, it crashed 3 times while I was trying to post this. This problem has never occurred before upgraded to Windows 10. I...