Windows 10: random BSOD Kernel-power(41) error after upgrading to Windows 10 Education

Discus and support random BSOD Kernel-power(41) error after upgrading to Windows 10 Education in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently had to upgrade to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 for my study. After upgrading I've had random BSOD crashes multiple times a day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by laurensbeeftink, Feb 13, 2019.

1. random BSOD Kernel-power(41) error after upgrading to Windows 10 Education

I recently had to upgrade to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 for my study.

After upgrading I've had random BSOD crashes multiple times a day (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION), it doesn't seem to matter if i'm running programs or if the laptop is running nothing.

In the event log its stated the problem is Kernel Power ID 41 with the following details:

Ddata Name="BugcheckCode">307</Data>

Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x1</Data>

Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x1e00</Data>

Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff80143957380</Data>

Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">131944579393950788</Data>

data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

Data Name="Checkpoint">41</Data>

Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">8</Data

Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>

Ddata Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

or

Data Name="BugcheckCode">196</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x2000</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff804835fb048</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x56706353</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>

</Event>

I've tried all solutions I found on the internet, including:

• updated drivers
    • Ran windows update
    • updated BIOS via Lenovo website
    • changed driver controller to standard AHCI ATA-controller
    • tried to run driver verifier; it crashed immideately while rebooting so had to do system restore

in the link i provided the minidump and msinfo32 file and a screenshot of my system specs. What other solution can I try?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Zk446bcoyL2VIgjm41EN6-m3VyEiQsP/view?usp=sharing

:)

laurensbeeftink, Feb 13, 2019
  2. JL87 Win User

Kernel Power error 41

Just posted on another thread dealing with kernel power 41 error. I had this issue when I first upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10. My system would just restart itself every time after starting up my computer each day after work. For me it would happen roughly 10 mins in from startup.

A little research showed that it was caused by having fast startup enabled under power options. Once I disable this I haven't had this issue popup since.

I'm not saying it can't be hardware related, but under 8.1/10 it's such an easy option to disable and check it's worth the small amount of time it takes to test it.

3. SpiritSTR Win User
    Kernel Power error 41

Thanks, i've disabled now, i will try to see if keep happening!

SpiritSTR, Feb 13, 2019
  4. tigger Win User

random BSOD Kernel-power(41) error after upgrading to Windows 10 Education

tigger, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

random BSOD Kernel-power(41) error after upgrading to Windows 10 Education

1. random BSOD Kernel-power(41) error after upgrading to Windows 10 Education - Similar Threads - random BSOD Kernel

2. Bsod and kernel-power 41 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod and kernel-power 41 error: Asus Rog Duo laptop started blue screening and restarting after 5 minutes. Windows event log displayed "kernel-power 41" error. Now windows won't load and I get blue screen when trying to enter safe mode. Can't restart. Getting several messages including ntfs_file_system and...
  3. Bsod and kernel-power 41 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod and kernel-power 41 error: Asus Rog Duo laptop started blue screening and restarting after 5 minutes. Windows event log displayed "kernel-power 41" error. Now windows won't load and I get blue screen when trying to enter safe mode. Can't restart. Getting several messages including ntfs_file_system and...
  4. Random Kernel-Power 41 BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Kernel-Power 41 BSODs: Hello, Since late January 2020, my computer has suffered from about 50 blue screens, all from the error Kernel-Power 41 63. The crash can occur at any time. It has happened within a minute of startup, or several hours into a gaming session which is what the computer is...
  5. Randomly BSOD (kernel-power ID 41)

Randomly BSOD (kernel-power ID 41): Hello, I set up my computer about 4 months ago and in the last three weeks I've had a lot of headaches. I contacted Microsoft support for several days and have done a lot of things on my computer, from a clean format, such as installing / uninstalling and updating drivers, I...
  6. random BSOD Kernel-power(41) error after upgrading to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random BSOD Kernel-power(41) error after upgrading to Windows 10 Education: recently had to upgrade to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 for my study. After upgrading I've had random BSOD crashes multiple times a day (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION), it doesn't seem to matter if i'm running programs or if the laptop is running nothing. In the event...
  7. random BSOD Kernel-power(41) error after upgrading to Windows 10 Education

random BSOD Kernel-power(41) error after upgrading to Windows 10 Education: I recently had to upgrade to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 for my study. After upgrading I've had random BSOD crashes multiple times a day (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION), it doesn't seem to matter if i'm running programs or if the laptop is running nothing. In the event...
  8. Bsod - random (kernel 41 error)

Bsod - random (kernel 41 error): Attachment 33043 if that link doesn't work... here's this Mega File Upload - 082115-26140-01.dmp hello, this has been happening recently. can someone help me pls i get some memory error or a watchdog violation 18263
  9. Random bsod kernel-power 41(63)

Random bsod kernel-power 41(63): Computer gets bsod restarts giving different error codes almost every time. Ran chkdisk and memtest and found no errors. Problem has persisted after clean install of windows 10. I think all drivers are up to date. Graphically intensive games seem to trigger the crash but i...
  10. BSOD kernel power event 41 error random

BSOD kernel power event 41 error random: Hi guys, I'm posting this thread for a friend, hes having some issues with BSOD's. The BSOD event are completely random. He's not doing anything special when hes having the errors. System is not under full load when this happens aswell. My friends computer specs are:...