Windows 10: Random BSOD, most caused by ACPI.sys

Discus and support Random BSOD, most caused by ACPI.sys in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've encountered several random BSODs during the last two weeks. I tried to reinstall the system, update drivers on the Lenovo official website, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CaiWei Hao, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Random BSOD, most caused by ACPI.sys

I've encountered several random BSODs during the last two weeks. I tried to reinstall the system, update drivers on the Lenovo official website, and many other ways to fix this problem. Somehow it still exists and it's annoying. So I post here to find some solution to it once and for all. I checked all of the minidump files at once and most of them pointed to ACPI.sys. Other cases included nvlddmkm.sys and hdaudbus.sys. Minidump files are uploaded for any necessary inspection: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApZGs4EWVRKp02lZVkD7zH_n1nLw?e=JHDSY4 MEMORY.dmp here if needed: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApZGs4E

:)

CaiWei Hao, Sep 22, 2022
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD

This was probably caused by the following module:
    qcamain1.sys (Qcamain10x64+0x108678)

Bugcheck code: 0x1D3 (0x333, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: CUSTOM_ERROR

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: qcamain1.sys .

Google query: qcamain1.sys CUSTOM_ERROR

Using WhoCrashed I found this thread: Redirecting however without
    solution, locked.

I did get BSOD almost everytime I moved the laptop.

This worked for me:

unscrew wifi module, push a little into the socket. Screw in. DONE

Horus-3-Echo, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Coach81 Win User

Random BSOD, most caused by ACPI.sys

Game controller causes random BSOD

I have disconnected my controller for now as i didn't want to run the risk for any further issues so it wont be listed under device manager.

Controller is Logitech Gamepad F310

Driver that im using is microsoft driver (xusb22.sys)

I will send you an updated V2 just to show controller now that ive re-connected.

Didnt see option for power management tab for controller.

- - - Updated - - -

Random BSOD, most caused by ACPI.sys [​IMG]

Coach81, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Random BSOD, most caused by ACPI.sys

1. Random BSOD, most caused by ACPI.sys - Similar Threads - Random BSOD caused

2. Random BSOD, most caused by ACPI.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD, most caused by ACPI.sys: I've encountered several random BSODs during the last two weeks. I tried to reinstall the system, update drivers on the Lenovo official website, and many other ways to fix this problem. Somehow it still exists and it's annoying. So I post here to find some solution to it once...
  3. Random BSOD, most caused by ACPI.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD, most caused by ACPI.sys: I've encountered several random BSODs during the last two weeks. I tried to reinstall the system, update drivers on the Lenovo official website, and many other ways to fix this problem. Somehow it still exists and it's annoying. So I post here to find some solution to it once...
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR most probably caused by genuine intel sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR most probably caused by genuine intel sys: Hi. Just got a BSOD while gaming. Please help me find what caused the error and what could i do to fix it. Here's the bugcheck: Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.685 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  5. BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys: From a couple of days ago my machine has been frequently BSOD and showing the error to be caused by netwtw10.sys. I have attempted to reinstall network drivers, reset machine with content, reset to factory and the issue has persisted through all the changes I made. In...
  6. Having a bunch of random BSOD (most caused by ntsokrnl.exe)

Having a bunch of random BSOD (most caused by ntsokrnl.exe): Hi everyone, I recently freshly installed windows 10 on my computer due to several BSOD errors due to ntoskrnl.exe I had in the past (UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY, and many more random ones). The problem seemed to be fixed but after an...
  7. QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD

QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD: This was probably caused by the following module: qcamain1.sys Qcamain10x64+0x108678 Bugcheck code: 0x1D3 0x333, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0 Error: CUSTOM_ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for...
  8. BSOD caused by Dot4.sys

BSOD caused by Dot4.sys: I have a BSOD problem caused by Dot4.sys very often but I have no idea what is causing it. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Dot4.sys+e23f IEEE-1284.4-1999 Driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider 6.1.7600.16385 built by: WinDDK x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1aab90
  9. Random BSODs (wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe) caused by DAC / Foobar2000?

Random BSODs (wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe) caused by DAC / Foobar2000?: Warmest greetings to any who might be able to provide me a bit of insight. I have a 2016 HP Envy that has given me no problems in the last 14 months that I've owned it. In March I added a new audio DAC (external hardware, USB) to my system and installed and configured...
  10. Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.

Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.: Hi, i recently started having issues with my computer crashing. I will provide the dump files. I've looked up what cm11264.sys was connected to and it was my pair of Sennheiser 363d. I have since then tried multiple driver versions, and now have switched to a different port....