Windows 10: Random BSOD, Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support Random BSOD, Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I'm posting here because I am badly in need of help with my computer. I've been getting BSOD's but I am posting a history of what has happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MykieY., Nov 10, 2020.

1. MykieY. Win User

Random BSOD, Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi! I'm posting here because I am badly in need of help with my computer. I've been getting BSOD's but I am posting a history of what has happened below. Skip to the bottom for a list of specs, symptoms and a link to the crash dumps. I hope someone can help me, Thank you in advance for your attention!
    =========================
    On November 6, 2020

I decided to do an upgrade by flashing the BIOS from 7B89v23 to 7B89v28. I was able to game for an entire day but the day after, I ran into a host of problems ranging from System Freezing, BSOD errors, and Resets. I took a look at the Crash dumps and the BSOD error messages and got different messages.

• IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • kmode_exception_not_handled

I have been getting some random crashes and restarts before but thought it was a Power Supply issue and replaced my Power Supply with a bigger one. Today I learned to use Windbg to analyze my crash dumps.
    Analyzing the Crashdumps only pointed me towards ntkrnlmp.exe which pointed to driver problems.

On Nobember 8, 2020
    I did Windows Memory Diagnostics twice and even did a DDU of my Nvidia driver after sniffing around that the latest driver for the GTX 970 was causing BSODs.

I also installed the latest AMD chipset drivers for my system. Unfortunately installing these drivers is when my problem got worse.
    After 5-15 minutes of uptime, my system would start slowing down to a crawl. NT Kernel & System would start piling up threads 208 threads. Input from keyboard and mouse were slow. Dragging Explorer and Application windows would have the mouse drag behind to a crawl while Desktop Windows Manager spiked in CPU usage. Audio would start to crackle, and one of my cores would be bombarded up to 100%. I decided to downgrade my bios back to 7B89v25 and thought the issue had resolved itself. Unfortunately after 20 minutes of uptime, the same issues returned. I decided to use driver verifier and ended up unable to boot and getting a WATCHDOG_EXCEPTION BSOD. I boot into a Rescue USB and perform a safe boot and start up repair.

On November 10, 2020
    I decided to rollback to an earlier bios and image of my system 7B89v23 and November 2, 2020. The system randomly restarted at some point which I thought was due to windows updating to 20H2. The system stayed stable and the High single core CPU usage issue had disappeared. I was able to game for the next 8 hours without issue, but as soon as I leave the PC, I run into an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I reboot my PC but after 5 minutes I get another IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I am at a loss about what to do as these are mostly new components that I purchased in December 2019, The PSU was replaced 2 weeks ago, and the Graphics Card is from March 2014, 6 years ago.

TL;DR

SPECS:

• Ryzen 5 2600
    • MSI B450M Mortar Max
    • Crucial MX500 M.2
    • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 @ CL15 1199.3 Mhz
    • MSI NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB GAMING LIMITED EDITION
    • Windows 10 build 20H2

Symptoms:

• PS/2 keyboard not working after waking PC from sleep
    • Mouse lagging when dragging application windows around the desktop
    • Slow Keyboard input.
    • Sudden black screen and restart.
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_BSOD
    • kmode_exception_not_handled
    • ntkrnlmp.exe

Crash Dump Link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ivcQDarXKiBJpuKVMpDXDQ7cWzweWEF9?usp=sharing
    Memory 1 is an older Dump, not sure if it's related but I found it in my System32 after rolling back to November 2
    Memory 2 and Memory 3 are BSODs that happened today

I am convinced this is a bad driver that I can't find but I am also suspicious that it might be an old GPU problem or a RAM problem. I have work in the morning so I am panicking to get this sorted out. I will try learning how to analyze my crash dumps for now but I have uploaded them here for anyone who wants to take a look. Thanks again!

:)

MykieY., Nov 10, 2020
  2. ShyamBh Win User

Getting random BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

Hello MS-Community,

I have been getting bugged by this for over a week now. I have a Dell 5547 laptop which had Win8.1 preinstalled in it. I installed Ubuntu over it in a different disk partition after a month of purchase. After that , I have been getting random BSOD saying
    'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'. There isn't a fixed action which triggers the BSOD. I have looked up in the internet and followed one of the suggestions to run the 'Driver Verifier'. However, no luck. Even after running the Driver Verifier, it does not produce a
    detailed dump file.

It is also worth noting that I clean installed Windows 10 replacing Windows8.1. All went fine for 3 or 4 days but as soon as I installed the GRUB repair for my dual-boot in my laptop, boom! I've been getting bombed by this BSOD time and again. It is really
    frustrating.

I have attached the two dmp files along with this. One is prior to running the 'Driver Verifier' (giving the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod) and the second one is after (giving a differed bsod 'SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION').

Link to the dmp files are below:

MiniDump_IRQL.zip

Please Help!

Much Thanks.

ShyamBh, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Bob2131 Win User
    Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x0000000a)

I keep getting a BSOD reading IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL along with instances where my computer just locks up completely. It happens at random and I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it. If my computer doesn't lock up on startup or crashes during use it runs fine without problems. Event Logs list the bugcheck code as 0x0000000a (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8015f2f42b0). I've attached the zip as instructed.

Bob2131, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Random BSOD, Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hello everyone,

My PC has been crashing for quite some time now.

The Crashes are REALLY RANDOM. Some times its like 2 Months with no crash at all and then it comes a week where i get BSOD like every hour or more...

One of the BSODs i get is the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I googled it and found many similar topics everywhere. Suggestions where to do all sorts of things. Memtests. Drivetests. Stresstests. I reinstalled windows looooots of times and a driver verifier.

I did everything and nothing found any problems only driver verifier BSODed instantly before it could even fully load Windows when restarting after enable driver verifier. I had to go in save mode and disable driver verifier to get into windows again. If
    i remember correctly i did the settings to "check every driver" even the windows ones. I don't have the Dump after enabling driver varifier sadly, but i got the dump of the "random" BSOD from today.

Often times it is while playing games, but i had the bluescreen while surfing the internet too.

Here is my mindump: Minidump.zip

Please let me know if you need any other informations... i REALLY need help with this since i can't fix it on my own anymore.

If you can already see what the problem is in the minidump file, please let me know what's wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Markus

MarkusErnst1, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Random BSOD, Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

1. Random BSOD, Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - Random BSOD Mostly

2. Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi! I'm posting here because I am badly in need of help with my computer. I've been getting BSOD's but I am posting a history of what has happened below. Skip to the bottom for a list of specs, symptoms and a link to the crash dumps. I hope someone can help me, Thank you in...
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and Random Restarts

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and Random Restarts: Howdy folks, Over the past few weeks my computer has started experiencing pretty constant BSODs/random restarts. They usually happen while playing World of Warcraft, but I've had a few just off the desktop. All typically happen after 30 mins to 1 hour of use. The crashes...
  4. Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello everyone, My PC has been crashing for quite some time now. The Crashes are REALLY RANDOM. Some times its like 2 Months with no crash at all and then it comes a week where i get BSOD like every hour or more... One of the BSODs i get is the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I...
  5. Random BSODs and freezing, most commonly DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSODs and freezing, most commonly DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I've been getting BSODs and a lot of freezing recently and it's been getting more and more frequent. They can happen at any time such as when I'm gaming or when I'm just browsing the internet. The freezing definitely seems to be related because it's been getting worse as the...
  6. Multiple BSOD Crashes, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Multiple BSOD Crashes, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Lately I have been getting the BSOD at least once a day and everything has been pointing to corrupted drivers. Just tonight I had the error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys failed. I was suggested to run a system file checker scan and now I have honestly no clue...
  7. Multiple BSOD Crashes, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Multiple BSOD Crashes, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Lately I have been getting the BSOD at least once a day and everything has been pointing to corrupted drivers. Just tonight I had the error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys failed. I was suggested to run a system file checker scan and now I have honestly no clue...
  8. Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, I'm having some problems with random Bsods after upgrade from windows 7 to 10 (not clean install). I did clean reinstall of most of the drivers 1 by 1 to try and track down what's causing the issue without any luck. First i thought problem was Xonar STX driver...
  9. BSOD random "irql_not_less_or_equal"

BSOD random "irql_not_less_or_equal": Hello there 10 forum. from about 3 days I have frequently BSOD crashes showing irql_not_less_or_equal error. I have no idea why is it happening. It happens when I am watching streams, playing games, etc. :__; Here is the file: Attachment 34829 Thanks for any help....
  10. Bsod playing overwatch Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bsod playing overwatch Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: im really desperate cuz of this *Sad i tried to reinstall windows several times it works fine for couple of days then that bsod happens again (it only happens when playing Overwatch) im using windows 10 pro (creators update) i will upload the most recent bsods files hopefully...