Windows 10: Random BSOD of death, missed what was on screen

Discus and support Random BSOD of death, missed what was on screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop had just turned on. I briefly unplugged the power and went in the other room. I came back and it had a blue screen. The screen went black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by leftisthominid, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Random BSOD of death, missed what was on screen

My laptop had just turned on. I briefly unplugged the power and went in the other room.

I came back and it had a blue screen. The screen went black before I could take the picture. I remember the error code had video in it.

How do I find out why this happened?

(After googling, I think it may have been Video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error)

:)

leftisthominid, Jun 13, 2019

2. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) - random

I have been having system crashes every day or two for 6 weeks now. So named by the community as the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). They seem random. I’m not always in front of the computer to see it. I’ve witness 4 of the 23 and was able to take a picture
    in time for two of them. Two different failure names. I have uploaded the DMP files from the Minidump directory for those two. Also uploaded is the directory listing to show the frequency. Also uploaded is a Msinfo which was requested of others with similar
    problems.

KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE = 052516-9328-01.dmp

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED = 053016-8703-01.dmp

Crash items 5-30-2016

That is my onedrive crash folder. I hope that will help whomever may try and help.

Jhatcher55, Jun 13, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. iuppiter Win User

Random BSOD of death, missed what was on screen

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Random BSOD of death, missed what was on screen [​IMG]

iuppiter, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Random BSOD of death, missed what was on screen

1. Random BSOD of death, missed what was on screen - Similar Threads - Random BSOD death

2. Random Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Screen of Death: My computer has been having random black screen where nothing responds until it reboots itself after 2-5min.Computer has been stress tested for mutliple hours without any issues but while idling or while doing simple browsing, it randomly crashes. Event Viewer has little to...
  3. Random Blue Screen Of Deaths

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Blue Screen Of Deaths: I am getting random blue screens of death, i thought it may be the ram i have 8 sticks of 32GB so i tested each ram stick individually and they all worked fine. when i have them all plugged in it can run for a day without issues but i got another blue screen of death today....
  4. Random Blue Screen Of Deaths

Random Blue Screen Of Deaths: I am getting random blue screens of death, i thought it may be the ram i have 8 sticks of 32GB so i tested each ram stick individually and they all worked fine. when i have them all plugged in it can run for a day without issues but i got another blue screen of death today....
  5. Random Blue Screens of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Blue Screens of Death: Ever since updating to Windows 11 a couple months ago, I've been experiencing random freezes and BSODs. Heck, sometimes it doesn't even BSOD, it just goes straight to restarting itself. Sometimes it happens when my laptop doesn't even have any apps/programs open. I don't...
  6. Random Blue Screens of Death

Random Blue Screens of Death: Ever since updating to Windows 11 a couple months ago, I've been experiencing random freezes and BSODs. Heck, sometimes it doesn't even BSOD, it just goes straight to restarting itself. Sometimes it happens when my laptop doesn't even have any apps/programs open. I don't...
  7. randome blue screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    randome blue screen of death: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal how can i rectify this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/randome-blue-screen-of-death/dbcd1d1b-19dc-4fc0-b577-647b62446573
  8. randome blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    randome blue screen of death: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal how can i rectify this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/randome-blue-screen-of-death/dbcd1d1b-19dc-4fc0-b577-647b62446573
  9. randome blue screen of death

10. Random blue screen of deaths!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random blue screen of deaths!!!: I get blue screen of deaths usually when I'm watching YouTube videos or playing video games it also happens at random. Attachment 51018 Any help would be much appreciated 31892