Windows 10: Random BSOD often, quickly recovers but sometimes crashes

Discus and support Random BSOD often, quickly recovers but sometimes crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have had an open thread under a different topic on this forum Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly and have been referred to this topic.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by molathon, Jan 13, 2020.

1. molathon Win User

Random BSOD often, quickly recovers but sometimes crashes

Hi, I have had an open thread under a different topic on this forum Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly and have been referred to this topic.

Basically the PC randomly goes into black screen for 5-10 seconds and then recovers and carries on as normal.
    Also, it crashes often too, goes into the same black screen but instead of recovering, it restarts.

I have checked drivers are up to date (they seem to be).

I have uploaded the output from the V2 log collector.

Not really sure of what to do next apart from scrapping it (don't really want to do).
    The PC is older and I have installed a graphics card which a lot of people say they have had success with. I'm looking at doing some light gaming on it, really nothing heavy and definitely not VR.
    I've installed CPUID HWMonitor and the temperatures are ok, I've checked dust and it's pretty clean.

Windows version is 1909 Windows 10

Thanks, I look forward to your comments

:)

molathon, Jan 13, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Jan 13, 2020
  4. cipherism Win User

Random Reboot with No BSOD

Like this ?

Random BSOD often, quickly recovers but sometimes crashes [​IMG]

And also, i am getting a strange BSOD when i'm trying to quit BIOS, like this

But after that, my PC went normal. I dont know if its related to the problem
    No
    Here is the list of drivers/software updates

The only drivers that changes before the crash is SAMSUNG, i dont think i ever used it though.

Replace my old Samsung monitor with BenQ ZOWIE RL2455 and have no BIOS changes

cipherism, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Random BSOD often, quickly recovers but sometimes crashes - Similar Threads - Random BSOD often

2. Windows 11 random crash most often without BSOD, sometimes with it - V2 Log Collector included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 random crash most often without BSOD, sometimes with it - V2 Log Collector included: Hi,I recently built a new computer and have been experiencing random crash when browsing the web, taking notes, gaming, etc. I have no idea where to start to solve these crashes... I tried disabling AMD Expo. I tried to downgrade the AMD Adrenaline drivers following some...
  3. Windows 11 random crash most often without BSOD, sometimes with it - V2 Log Collector included

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 random crash most often without BSOD, sometimes with it - V2 Log Collector included: Hi,I recently built a new computer and have been experiencing random crash when browsing the web, taking notes, gaming, etc. I have no idea where to start to solve these crashes... I tried disabling AMD Expo. I tried to downgrade the AMD Adrenaline drivers following some...
  4. Computer crashes randomly, sometimes with BSOD, sometimes without. Only when not under...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes randomly, sometimes with BSOD, sometimes without. Only when not under...: Hey! My PC has been having crashes happen to it for the last however many months ~8 months if I had to guess.Minidump files and event viewer log files are both linked below as Minidump.MinidumpI'm having 2 different kinds of crashes:1. BSOD crashes, which are the better and...
  5. system crash randomly and often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system crash randomly and often: Hello,My problem seems very comun : system crash. Yet none of the replies to this topic helped solve it.Several times a day sometimes less then a minute after restart sometime several minutes after during random actions webbrosing, using file exlorer, playing a video, playing...
  6. ndu.sys bsod crashing often

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ndu.sys bsod crashing often: I've been getting lots of bsods involving ndu.sys I can use some help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ndusys-bsod-crashing-often/0cf3871e-d1d9-482b-83d2-1fe8f0c489af
  7. PC randomly crashes/hangs, sometimes BSOD, sometimes hangs, sometimes reboots

PC randomly crashes/hangs, sometimes BSOD, sometimes hangs, sometimes reboots: A few months ago my pc would crash 2-4minutes after booting it up for the first time in the morning, screen would freeze and wouldnt accept any input I solved this by just rebooting pc and it run as normal for the rest of the day. After a few weeks it would crash twice in the...
  8. BSOD not often, but very random

BSOD not often, but very random: A while ago I realized that my intel i7-9700kf wasn't boost clocking to ~4.9 GHz like it was advertised, but instead was locked at 3.6 GHz. Upon looking at device manager, I noticed I got yellow triangles around my processors, so I followed some guides which involved...
  9. Random BSOD sometimes

Random BSOD sometimes: Hi there, I have lately a BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED crash out of nowhere . Not my first crash Already reinstalled windows but that dosnt fix my problem. I looked online for a solution and didnt find one. I have the DMP but do not understand it. DMP link:...
  10. Random BSOD while playing games (Not often, but sometimes)

Random BSOD while playing games (Not often, but sometimes): Hello. I have been struggling with this for a long time, but I have not asked for help until now. Im having this bluescreen while playing games. It does not happen every time I play games, but It happens. I have been searching around alot, but its hard to find an answer. Its...