Windows 10: Random BSOD on new machine, SSD not found after each BSOD

Discus and support Random BSOD on new machine, SSD not found after each BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi tenforums, I recently got a newly build machine and have gotten an average of 5 BSOD per day, mostly with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. These is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by duckeh, Apr 25, 2020.

1. duckeh Win User

Random BSOD on new machine, SSD not found after each BSOD

Hi tenforums,

I recently got a newly build machine and have gotten an average of 5 BSOD per day, mostly with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

These is the summary of my machine specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
    GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GTX 1660 SUPER
    MB: ASUS B450M-PLUS GAMING
    SSD: SPCC M.2 512GB (OS installed here)
    HDD: Toshiba 1TB HDD (empty)
    RAM: 16GB

Problem description:
    1. BSOD happens randomly, starts with a program (no particular application) freezing, followed by BSOD. Sometimes, no BSOD just blank screen and restarts.
    2. Dump stuck at 0%, no crash dump created, computer reboots.
    3. Upon reboot, goes to BIOS. No SSD detected. (HDD is there tho)
    4. Remedy - Press power button twice to force shutdown and start again. Boots Windows 10 via SSD as per normal.

Solution tried:
    1. Check all hardware connections. Looks OK. Note: All hardware is new.
    2. All drivers installed & updated. BIOS also checked, running latest BIOS
    3. "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth" & "../ScanHealth" & "/RestoreHealth" done. No issues
    4. "sfc /scannow" done. No issues
    5. Re-installed a CLEAN Windows 10 again (wiped out all data) - did not solve the issue
    6. Memory Diagnostics Results OK
    7. chkdsk /scan OK

I have attached my log collector zip results in the post.
    I would appreciate any assistance. It has crushed my dreams of finally having a new PC (which works).

Thank you so much for you assistance. Let me know if you need more info.

:)

duckeh, Apr 25, 2020
  2. X-PhilS Win User

Z Book BSOD with Second SSD Drive

Hi all

I have an issue with an HP Z Book. It is a new Generation 6 device and came with a pre-installed second SSD drive.

All worked fine until I tried to put our corporate image onto the primary OS SSD.

Firstly, the new OS installed onto the secondary SSD rather than the primary.

So I disconnected/removed the secondary, recreated the partition on the primary and loaded our stock OS.

The machine now works absolutely fine, as long as I do not try to re-introduce the second SSD drive.

If I reinstall this, the machine boots up OK for a second or two and then BSOD's.

Can anyone suggest the reason for this issue - the BSOD message reported a kernel error.

Any ideas on steps to take to resolve this?

Thanks

Phil

X-PhilS, Apr 25, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Ztruker Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Random BSOD on new machine, SSD not found after each BSOD - Similar Threads - Random BSOD machine

2. BSoD New Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD New Machine: I have an HP ENVY Laptop 17 with 64GB of RAM and an Intel 12th Gen i7-1206p with a 2TB SSD, and since I received the machine, I have been having issues with it freezing and then restarting. I have had a few BSoD, but usually, this happens by the screen just freezing, and then...
  3. BSoD New Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD New Machine: I have an HP ENVY Laptop 17 with 64GB of RAM and an Intel 12th Gen i7-1206p with a 2TB SSD, and since I received the machine, I have been having issues with it freezing and then restarting. I have had a few BSoD, but usually, this happens by the screen just freezing, and then...
  4. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  5. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  6. Random BSODs after upgrading to ssd

Random BSODs after upgrading to ssd: For the past 2 weeks I have been having random bsod crashes either after startup on the login screen or just after shutting down. Prior to this, I have been using the pc on a HDD for about a year and it was running flawlessly with no issues. Once i upgraded to an ssd however,...
  7. "An operating system was not found" after random BSOD

"An operating system was not found" after random BSOD: Hello,my Windows 10 install has most probably broke. After playing Team Fortress 2 a game that I have gotten from Steam for around an hour, the computer showed me a BSOD screen, with the error code "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION". After rebooting, the following text appeared:...
  8. BSOD after New ssd installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD after New ssd installation: Hi Guys. I have an inspiron 5578 laptop from dell. Its hdd had 448 bad sectors, so i decided to install a 2.5 inch sata ssdcrucial mx500 in its place. I've tried installing fresh os, oem image, resetting from recovery drive, but no matter how i install it, i end up getting...
  9. New machine getting BSOD at random times

New machine getting BSOD at random times: Hi folks. Working with a new machine that has been blue screening slightly more frequently over the last few weeks. Have tried updating all drivers & flashing bios to most recent version but the BSOD persists. Have also tried reseating hardware components without any luck....
  10. Random BSOD after installing new SSD and Windows 10

Random BSOD after installing new SSD and Windows 10: Can someone help me troubleshoot a random BSOD issue on my Dell Inspiron 13 5000? I just installed a new 1TB SSD Drive, re-installed Windows 10 and now I get random BSODs. The BSODs seem to occur even when the computer is sitting idle and I am not using it. I have insured...