Windows 10: Random BSOD on StartUp

Discus and support Random BSOD on StartUp in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there! On the 22nd and 24th of October when I have started up the PC, a BSOD has popped up just as it is trying to load windows. The BSOD info... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by christyb2852, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Random BSOD on StartUp

Hi there!

On the 22nd and 24th of October when I have started up the PC, a BSOD has popped up just as it is trying to load windows.

The BSOD info that I received were: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (nvlddmkm.sys). I downloaded and installed WhoCrashed and started an analysis which came out with 3 Crash Dumps which all contained the following information:

Please note that when Windows recovers/restarts, I am able to log into Windows without any issues at all.. This error mainly just happens at startup and possibly at shutdown:

Event Viewer states that for both entries at the same time that The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly (Event ID 41(63)). BugCode for the EventViewer event came out as 80..

As far as I can remember.. The only updates I have done recently during the 22nd was an update for GeForce Experience, Java and a definition update for Windows Defender.

I am also including as an attachment the results from the DM Log Collector..

Please let me know what to do next and how I can possibly solve this issue *Smile

Thanks!

Christy *Smile

Attachment 44353

:)

christyb2852, Oct 23, 2015

2. Computer keeps shutting down while playing games

Do you get a BSOD?

The two issues i.e. Programs reopening at startup and random shut down are not related.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 23, 2015
  3. BSOD - Windows 10 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD after upgrading from windows 7 to 10 with error msg IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Appears to be random. Has occurred 3 or 4 times. Twice at startup but do not have those dmp files. Has happened twice recently while logged on. Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
    minidump file compressed for both.

thanks in advance

Belal Rashid, Oct 23, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Random BSOD on StartUp

Hello Christy and welcome to the forums. Thank you for filling out your system specs, you did an excellent job. If there is some specific activity you do that causes the BSODs, please let me know. Have you added any new Hardware or Software recently?

I would like you to do a couple of things for me.

Please reinstall your current driver or install 341.74 downloaded from Nvidia (Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA) After Downloading please uninstall all of your Nvidia Graphics drivers. I believe you have an Nvidia chipset so be very careful not to uninstall the chipset drivers. When you uninstall the drivers, be sure to uninstall the Graphics Driver last. It will ask you to reboot, please do so. Then install the new driver, but select custom install and not express install. Make sure the 'Clean Install' Box is checked. Also, please uncheck everything except the Graphics driver and PhysX Driver.

Next please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

See if that makes a difference with your BSODs.

essenbe, Oct 23, 2015
  5. Hi there essenbe,

Thanks for the welcome *Smile

All I can remember when the BSOD happens is:

I shutdown the PC (I do sometimes hear an error alert when it shuts down but cannot see the message as my monitor shuts itself off before windows shuts down completely) at night and when I startup the PC it goes through the startup process until it reaches the spinning circle - that is when the BSOD appears (the displayed error message is almost always the same and then the PC displays that it is saving some info and then reboots..

The second restart loads Windows normally and I can play/use the PC all day/night without any issues.

The issue is strange as sometimes there is no BSOD when I reboot/shutdown (for example I never got a BSOD on the 23rd). On the 24th the issues re-appears.

Please also note that this PC is an upgrade from Windows 7 - it is not a clean install.

Now for the Hardware/Software that I have installed recently..

Only hardware item I can think of is my mouse.. I have been having issues with it double-clicking (while single clicking) and after running many different solutions like scanning for hardware changes, it was finally fixed by removing the mouse (and wires/receiver) completely from the PC and reconnecting it after cleaning it out/clicking quickly on both the left and right mouse buttons.

I also have an Iphone so I use Apple's Itunes software to update the phone. (Iphone is connected via the wire to the PC).

I do have a new WiFi modem but that was installed a couple of months ago and have had no issues with it.

Software wise..

I cannot remember any new software but did some updates for:

BingoCafe
    GeForce Experience (this one was a completely new version - some bug fixes according to the installation info)
    Java

I am up-to-date with all the Windows Updates/Browser Updates (no known issues with them)..

There have been some new items that I have installed/updated today:

WhoCrashed
    DM Log Collector
    Logitech Gaming Software update (awaiting reboot)

With reinstalling the 341.81 current driver.. That is just reinstalling that one, or do I follow the entire instructions (but not download the 341.74 driver unless the 341.84 driver still shows the issues) that follow about uninstalling all drivers except for the chipset ones?

Just doing a double-check of the instructions *Smile

Will do the scannow command as soon as I have confirmed the above and reinstalled the Nvidia driver.

Thanks for your help so far!

6. essenbe Win User
    I would suggest you try reinstalling your current driver as it is the most current. I would follow the uninstall suggestions I gave and then the reinstall. On the reinstall, be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver. No 3D drivers, HDMI drivers or GeForce Experience. If you still get BSODs, I would first try not using a wireless mouse and use a wired one. Also remove the dongle too. Sometimes Windows 10 has problems with wireless. See if that helps. If not, when we finish, go back to the wireless mouse.

If you have another BSOD, just upload the DM Log again. It isn't necessary to report the Who Crashed findings. Any time you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you don't understand the directions I just gave, please ask. I don't mind at all.

essenbe, Oct 23, 2015
  7. The uninstallation of the Nvidia Graphic Drivers have been completed (only ones not removed were Nvidia Drivers (believe that is the chipset one) and Nvidia ForceWare Network Access Manager). No issues to report with that part and the re-installation of the Graphic and PhysX Drivers with a clean install is complete as well (no issues as well).

Currently there is no BSOD with each reboot (twice so far)..

I am in the process of running the scannow command - please note that I have run this command in the past (for Windows 10) and have already experienced a corruption issue which could not be fixed.. I can upload the cbs log later on if you would like to review it.

Thanks for your advice so far *Smile

8. essenbe Win User

Random BSOD on StartUp

Have you run it 3 times with reboots in between each time? If not try that. If it does not work, we'll try something else.

essenbe, Oct 23, 2015
  9. I am currently on the second scannow command now.. As soon as that is complete then will reboot and do another scan and then after that reboot will report back my findings *Smile

10. All 3 scannow commands have been completed (with 3 reboots and one shutdown/restart thrown in as well).

Fortunately there is still no BSOD popping up but the corruption error is still displaying after the scannow command finishes..

What should I do next?

11. essenbe Win User
    Try opening the same command prompt (Admin) and run this Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then press enter. It will look like it is doing nothing, but just leave it alone. It is working. It will eventually give you a successful message or an error message.

essenbe, Oct 23, 2015
  12. The results of that test is as of follows:

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature.

13. essenbe Win User

Random BSOD on StartUp

Do you have an ISO or an installation USB? If you have an ISO mount it or inset the USB and tell me the drive letter Windows give it. Also look in the sources folder and tell me if you have an install.esd or an install.wim.

essenbe, Oct 23, 2015
  14. Sorry about the delay.. Needed some sleep *Wink

I haven't set up an ISO or Installation USB as of yet.. But have been meaning to..

Where abouts do I get the above and what are the instructions on how to set it up? *Smile

christyb2852, Oct 24, 2015
  15. essenbe Win User
    Download from Microsoft techbench (https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/soft...load/techbench) toward the bottom of the page you will select Windows 10, then keep answering the boxes to get the version you have installed. Download the file. In it will be an ISO file. Mount it by double clicking the ISO, the computer will give it a drive letter. I need to know that letter. Look inside and open the Sources folder and find either the install.esd or the install.wim file and tell me which you have. Don't do anything just look for the file. When I get the drive letter and whether you have an install.wim or .esd I will give you another command to run. I'll post it in the morning. It's close to time for me to get some sleep.

essenbe, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

Random BSOD on StartUp

1. Random BSOD on StartUp - Similar Threads - Random BSOD StartUp

2. random invisible startups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random invisible startups: At random times Microssoft Edge will apparently open an invisible window. I can tell it happens because can hear a youtube video playing even with no window open. can also see the video name on the popup when go to turn the volume down when it happens.This happens when Edge...
  3. random invisible startups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random invisible startups: At random times Microssoft Edge will apparently open an invisible window. I can tell it happens because can hear a youtube video playing even with no window open. can also see the video name on the popup when go to turn the volume down when it happens.This happens when Edge...
  4. Random crashing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashing on startup: I'm having a very strange and annoying issue. I'm getting a few errors on startup. irql_not_less_or_equal 0x00021a. If I go to my bios and just exit with out changing anything it will start with out errors and be fine until I go to restart it again. SFC and DISM find nothing...
  5. Random BSOD's during boot/startups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's during boot/startups: The pc is 2 years old now built desktop, and I've always had random bsods during startup. I never really bothered fixing them since it wasn't intrusive, since its not closing down on me when Im actively using the pc. But here are the dump...
  6. Random BSOD's during boot/startups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD's during boot/startups: The pc is 2 years old now built desktop, and I've always had random bsods during startup. I never really bothered fixing them since it wasn't intrusive, since its not closing down on me when Im actively using the pc. But here are the dump...
  7. Random BSOD's during boot/startups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSOD Bad_System_Config_Info randomly at startup

BSOD Bad_System_Config_Info randomly at startup: Hi, recently I had some troubles, which was caused by faulty RAM module. I reinstalled the system before I realized that the RAM is bad. I purchased a different RAM and my computer worked better, but still there were some issues, like Runtime Broker process draining the CPU....
  9. BSOD Random Startups

BSOD Random Startups: Sometimes I get the BSOD saying irql not less or equal. Sometimes I can restart it and it will boot normal. Sometimes it takes 20 times of restarting to finally go through. Not sure why it is happening but its not all the time and might go a month or two without it happening....
  10. BSOD on random startups

BSOD on random startups: I get the driver_overran_stack_buffer on random bootups of the machine. Maybe 1 in every 3 or 4 boots. Hopefully someone can help me figure it out! 52522