Windows 10: Random BSOD once idle

Discus and support Random BSOD once idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've been having this issue for some time. Before it was once every few days, then it turned into once a day, now it's multiple times a day and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SkippyCheez, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Random BSOD once idle

So I've been having this issue for some time. Before it was once every few days, then it turned into once a day, now it's multiple times a day and I can not figure out what the problem is. I've updated drivers, disabled drivers, swapped hardware out, freshly installed Windows 10 on a new SSD and the problem still arises. I can use my computer for hours on end playing games or anything, but once i get off of it and leave it alone or I go to work, everytime I come home I have to manually restart it. Sometimes theres an actual BSOD but has no useful information on it, sometimes it's just a black screen but all my hardware has gone to it's default color scheme and that's an indication it needs to be restarted. I've Zipped up the minidump files in hopes someone more knowledgeable can decipher them and pinpoint the issue.

I've ran Memtest 86 for hours and my Ram has come back fine. I've even swapped the Ram with some different ones just for fun and it's still persisting. When in use everything works as intended. When it's not in use it'll BSOD.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsM1VCeKYk3LkThOiat8wxQmxjtk?e=Jc8cVL - Minidump

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsM1VCeKYk3LkTlzQS8u96V15ZH5?e=pYZ5gb - System Info

That should be all the files in the minidump folder as of right now. I've tried to read em and I just don't know enough to know what any of it means. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

SkippyCheez, Feb 13, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Feb 13, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Random BSOD once idle

Random BSOD mostly during idle usage - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Thanks for the suggestion, I did ask the OP to check and according to post #14 he does have the logger running. My next thought was that he had an insufficient size of dump allocated and that logging was not being recorded with the dump file.

philc43, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Random BSOD once idle

1. Random BSOD once idle - Similar Threads - Random BSOD once

2. Random BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD when idle: I do not know what's happening, I've reinstalled OS, Display drivers, reseating every component.My key issue is random BSOD literally different code error; sometimes no code, a month before, it keeps crashing on itself. i reinstalled windows 10 my original OS ; it was...
  3. Random BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD when idle: I do not know what's happening, I've reinstalled OS, Display drivers, reseating every component.My key issue is random BSOD literally different code error; sometimes no code, a month before, it keeps crashing on itself. i reinstalled windows 10 my original OS ; it was...
  4. 0x00000119 BSOD randomly when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x00000119 BSOD randomly when idle: So I have this laptop XMG Focus 16 E23.It seems to always have this BSOD once a day when I'm not on my desk - oddly enough the laptop wakes on its own though powercfg -lastwake tells me nothing happened, reboots from this bugcheck and when I get back I see a Windows logon...
  5. Random BSODs Often when Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs Often when Idle: I've been getting various BSODs often when doing nothing at all.Edit: I can consistently cause a blue screen by trying to download the latest windows update. Not all updates cause it, but if I download the actual update to windows itself, it will blue screen.The error codes...
  6. Random BSOD while working or idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD while working or idle: Hello! Since I build my new computer, I've been having random BSOD problems. I think it has to be simething related to drivers. I've reinstalled Windows 10 multiple times and updated diferent components drivers with no luck. I've been using the program WhoCrashed to try to...
  7. random bsods even while idle

random bsods even while idle: i keep getting bsod'd i had a whole thing about it wrote up and then got it again before posting, it was fine with i built the comeputer but after i was forced to reinstall windows it started to happen alot, all dskchk and sfc scans came out fine, this is my last hope. 118605
  8. Random BSODs and restarts while idle

Random BSODs and restarts while idle: Recently my computer has started restarting itself and/or crashing when not in use. As long as I have something active and in use, like a youtube video or a game running, it will not crash or restart at all; it only restarts when I leave it idle. For example, just now I left...
  9. Random BSOD once a day

Random BSOD once a day: After I moved to Germany on Monday 2017.09.25 (not sure, if that is somehow connected) , I am getting BSOD once a day unexpetedly. Not while playing games, the applications running at that time- Mozilla, Skype, Notepad++, keypass, foobar. Then it restarts automaticly and...
  10. Random BSOD whilst machine Idle

Random BSOD whilst machine Idle: Hello All I am wondering if you can help I am currently running Windows 10 and suffered a BSOD whilst I was asleep so I apologise for not having more information than that , I have attached the required ZIP and am willing to provide more info as needed. Any help/advice...