Windows 10: Random BSOD/restarts

Discus and support Random BSOD/restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there Having a bit of trouble with random restarts. I have updated various drivers, specifically the Nvidia driver, but nothing has made any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lrm537, May 30, 2016.

1. lrm537 Win User

Random BSOD/restarts

Hi there
    Having a bit of trouble with random restarts. I have updated various drivers, specifically the Nvidia driver, but nothing has made any difference. I have tried to pinpoint the cause, but it does seem to be completely random and happens when watching Netflix through Chrome, or when using Kodi, or when doing nothing at all. I had recently upgraded the RAM from 12GB to 16GB with 2 brand new 8gb sticks, and was running this for about 2 weeks with no faults. The one thing i did notice is that it seemed to start after the Nvidia driver updated itself through the Nvidia GeForce experience app.

The reboots do not give me any error codes or even an actual BSOD. The laptop just shuts down and immediately restarts again. I have turned off automatic restart in the system settings.

I have also just clean installed W10 but the problem persists. So possibly hardware?

Thanks for any help with this issue

:)

lrm537, May 30, 2016
  2. Anne Ros Win User

ntoskrnl.exe+759f9f causes random restarts (no BSOD)

Thank you for the response. If the device is new and you're having trouble using it, we suggest running the System File Checker tool and DISM scan to check for the integrity of the operating system. Refer to this
    Forum Article on how to run SFC and DISM scan.

If there are issues in performance, we suggest checking this article on how to improve PC performance.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, May 30, 2016
  3. ntoskrnl.exe+759f9f causes random restarts (no BSOD)

Hi, thanks for your answer, and my apologies for the late reply. The laptop is brand new, and I didn't configure any system restore points. It's quite slow now and there are restarts almost everyday.

Jaruwan Copeland, May 30, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Random BSOD/restarts

Hi Irm537,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Could you please remove the battery and make sure to put it back in properly as a first step.
    A next step could be to ensure all drivers & the BIOS are up to date from HP.

5. lrm537 Win User
    Thanks for the reply

I've had the battery out a few times but it's always been inserted correctly afterwards. After the recent clean install of W10, i installed all the drivers from HP but the thing is, is that there's no option for a BIOS update for W10. There's is one for W7, 8 & 8.1 though.

lrm537, May 30, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Could you please provide me with the exact model of your laptop.

7. lrm537 Win User
    lrm537, May 30, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Random BSOD/restarts

Please change the OS to Windows 8.1 and install the BIOS version F.66.
    I do not think that because it is listed under Windows 8.1 it could cause problems.

9. lrm537 Win User
    Well, that would be a huge pain, but not undoable, so i'll save that for later. I read on another thread that someone with similar issues fixed it by disabling the 'Allow computer to turn off this device to save power' option in the wifi card settings. Basically disabling the wake on LAN feature ( which i don't use anyway). I changed that setting a few hours ago and so far no restarts, but that means nothing at the moment.

lrm537, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random BSOD/restarts

1. Random BSOD/restarts - Similar Threads - Random BSOD restarts

2. PC restarts randomly with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restarts randomly with no BSOD: My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for a week, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however. Today, my PC was consistently restarting around...
  3. PC restarts randomly with no BSOD

PC restarts randomly with no BSOD: My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for 2 days, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however. Today, my PC was consistently restarting around...
  4. pc random restart no bsod

pc random restart no bsod: my pc randomly restarts and now im tired of it, i share the logs to see if someone know what the problem could be.log.evtx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-random-restart-no-bsod/036945b6-89a2-41bc-8e60-54b8b6218bd9
  5. BSOD, freezing, random restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, freezing, random restarts: Hello, after upgrading my motherboard and RAM i started getting BSOD, freezing and random restarts. I took it into a shop and they factory reset the PC but then the issues still keep happening. I have reset to windows 11 3 times now and the problem still exists. I have tried...
  6. Pc randomly restarts with no BSOD

Pc randomly restarts with no BSOD: This problem started way back in october last year and has been getting worse ever since and at first i thought it may have been my processor as it was quite old at the time so i had everything changed from the motherboard to the processor except the PSU,SSD and HDDs about a...
  7. BSOD/Random restarts and crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD/Random restarts and crashes: Hello everyone, attached is my log. I been having BSOD for ages but now my computer just seems to restart itself. On some occasions the screen crashes and also any audio playing will just sound like a broken record looping, I usually have problems downloading windows updates...
  8. BSOD and Random Restarts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD and Random Restarts: I recently upgraded my computer and have been plagued by BSODs with varying error codes and random restarts on my machine. The RAM is new, so I suspect that the least. I ran memtest86 and found no issues over the course of many hours, so I don't suspect the SSD either. I also...
  9. PC restarts randomly with no bsod

PC restarts randomly with no bsod: Hello, for the past month my pc restarts randomly with no bsod. It happens when im playing games mostly , doesnt matter which. I bought a UPS thinking it was power fluctuations but that is not the case. I've attached the event....
  10. Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting

Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting: I recently replaced the mobo and the CPU on this system. I am getting BSOD and/or the computer randomly freeze or restart on its own. I did run the computer in safe mode for a whole day and did not have any of the aforementioned issues. Thank you for the help. 28683