Windows 10: Random BSOD-s after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Random BSOD-s after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, here is my problem. I've been using Windows 7 since 4-5 years on my laptop but recently when I upgraded to windows 10 via the free upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by soulow, Sep 21, 2015.

1. soulow Win User

Random BSOD-s after upgrading to Windows 10

Hello, here is my problem. I've been using Windows 7 since 4-5 years on my laptop but recently when I upgraded to windows 10 via the free upgrade option, the computer throws random bsod-s on every few days.
    Thanks!

:)

soulow, Sep 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 x64 BSOD irql not less or equal

Hi there!

I have Lenovo T460s UltraBook with Windows 10 x64 onboard and the same problem but...

BSOD's shows up in very random times. All my drivers are up to date (updated today from official Lenovo site).

Computer starts normally works fine and... BSOD. Last one was few minutes ago. Computer was idle. I've started Windows after BSOD, logged in and did nothing. After 3 or 4 minutes Windows crashed with BSOD.

All factory diagnostics passed.

Memory dump is here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An3BHu_b5TxXiP1kZ9m_ZWe-rJdRaQ

I hope that someone can help me.

Regards

SK

SławomirKubkowski, Sep 21, 2015
  3. pudgee Win User
    help with BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED intelppm.sys+2140

Hello, after i upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, i am getting those random BSOD screens. First i thought it was my usb wifi adapter, cause it was supported only for win 7 up, but after upgrade i am still getting those BSOD errors. Can anyone help me
    where is the problem ? There are dump files, just bother with the last one from 7.8.2015 - that is the new after USB wifi adapter changed.

Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files

pudgee, Sep 21, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi soulow,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The crashes of this month are pointing to the Atheros Wifi Network Adapter and memory problems.
    But it could be caused by Daemon tools as well.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Random BSOD-s after upgrading to Windows 10 [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

5. soulow Win User
    Thank you for the fast answer, I removed daemon tools and checked with the SPTD standalone installer if SPTD is removed. I will wait if any BSOD will appear and if there is one maybe to run some memory checks?

soulow, Sep 21, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    I had added instructions for checking the RAM, but first we need to know if Daemon tools had anything to do with it.

7. soulow Win User
    It have been 10-11 days since the latest BSOD. So maybe the uninstall of daemon tools solved the problem.
    Thank you very much!
    I will mark the thread as solved.

soulow, Sep 30, 2015
  8. soulow Win User

Hello, problem again here. Without Daemon tools for the last three days I've got BSOD everyday. I am wondering what to check first now - the RAM or to install new drivers for Atheros Wifi Network Adapter?

soulow, Oct 11, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please run the tool again and upload the zip file.

10. soulow Win User
    I attached the generated file to the post, thanks.

soulow, Oct 11, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    The crashes are 0x12B(FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE) pointing to hardware.
    The 0x12B is a crash that indicates memory issues.
    Please run MemTest86+

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

12. soulow Win User
    Thank you, I will test and report back.

soulow, Oct 12, 2015
  13. soulow Win User

Hello, after a lot of hours and 11 passes - there aren't any errors.

soulow, Oct 14, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

15. soulow Win User
    I filled the information.

soulow, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Random BSOD-s after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Random BSOD upgrading

2. bsod showing randomly after upgrading ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod showing randomly after upgrading ram: I upgraded my laptop's ram from 4gb to 12gb by adding an 8gb ram stick , its been two times that the bsod pops up with error "page fault in nonpaged area" and one about memory.what should i do???...
  3. Random BSODs after upgrading to ssd

Random BSODs after upgrading to ssd: For the past 2 weeks I have been having random bsod crashes either after startup on the login screen or just after shutting down. Prior to this, I have been using the pc on a HDD for about a year and it was running flawlessly with no issues. Once i upgraded to an ssd however,...
  4. Daily random BSOD`s

Daily random BSOD`s: Hi guys, I`m facing a several random BSOD`s on my system that I cant figure out what is going on. I`ve tried to install the newest drivers for my motherboard and for my VGA but still getting BSOD. If anyone can help me, I`ll be grateful. I`ve attached my .rar from log...
  5. Random BSoDs after upgrading PC

Random BSoDs after upgrading PC: Hello, I have recently upgraded my PC with brand new hardware, and also have downloaded the software associated with it all. 95% of the time, the PC is fine. But when I try to let it run overnight to see if it will crash, it does. Just this morning, it crashed at around...
  6. Random BSOD after upgrading to Win10

Random BSOD after upgrading to Win10: Hello Guys, I upgraded to Win10 with massive random BSODs. Im like getting crazy, I updated all drivers manuelly, every little device driver I could found but with no luck. I had Win 7 for several years without a single BSOD but after the upgrade it happens on random. Im...
  7. Random BSODs after upgrade

Random BSODs after upgrade: Hello everyone! I have a pretty old computer, 775 socket which I recently upgraded by replacing my memory and CPU, adding 3x2 GB of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHz and Xeon E5440 (771 to 775 mod). Since then I have experienced random BSODs where some of them had minidumps and...
  8. BSODs at random times after windows upgrade

BSODs at random times after windows upgrade: Hi there, I recently managed to get a cryptowall/cryptolocker virus. I wiped everything, formatted c: and reinstalled windows 7 home premium. Was getting constant, seemingly random BSODs 10+ times daily. Tried a bunch of things, didn't work, so recently upgraded to windows...
  9. BSOD/ Random Stops after CPU upgrade

BSOD/ Random Stops after CPU upgrade: Hello all, I recently upgraded my CPU from an i5-6500 to an i7-7700k and I've been having random system freezes/stops and sometimes BSODS that are all WATCHDOG_VIOLATION(s). Attached is the zip I was told to post. I've tried virus scans, and updating all my drivers...
  10. Random BSOD After Nvida Driver Upgrade

Random BSOD After Nvida Driver Upgrade: Hi, I am randomly getting the BSOD during everyday use after upgrading my Nvidia drivers to the latest version (gaming, browsing the web etc). I would also occasionaly get a BSOD before I updated my drivers as well so not 100% sure what is is. Can you please look into my...