Windows 10: Random BSOD - Seems SSD Looses Power?!?

Discus and support Random BSOD - Seems SSD Looses Power?!? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Guys - I usually have no issue figuring these things out, but this ones been bugging me. I recently purchased an M2 SSD (plus PCIX adapter) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bzowk, May 14, 2020.

1. bzowk Win User

Random BSOD - Seems SSD Looses Power?!?

Hey Guys -

I usually have no issue figuring these things out, but this ones been bugging me. I recently purchased an M2 SSD (plus PCIX adapter) and mirrored the OS from my SATA SSD (yeah, I know - not ideal) and since then, I've been getting somewhat random BSODs. The key is that when the BSOD occurs, no dump is created PLUS after the PC restarts, it says no boot device available - I must fully power off then back on to get it to boot again. I can get the BSOD to trigger by using VR or something resource intensive, but am sure it's not a thermal issue.

Below is what I've tried already with no luck plus other notes...
    - Reseated then replaced hardware (PCIX & SSD)
    - I did have to upgrade my BIOS to get it to boot to NVME and it is a beta BIOS. I'm thinking it may be due to this, so am considering creating custom BIOS by injecting NVME into BIOS version I used without issue previously.
    - Uninstalled the app (SCP Toolkit) I read caused similar issue
    - Set BIOS to defaults
    - Ran "sfc /scannow" with no issues
    - Reinstalled GPU driver (Since often triggers during gameplay)
    - No SMART errors
    - Reviewed Event logs
    - About 3-4 minutes after booting back up and with resources leveled out, Windows completely freezes (but doesn't Bluescreen) for up to a minute then works fine (weird)
    - I've reinstalled Windows countless times in the past on numerous PCs, but with all the customization I have would prefer not doing that unless proven as only fix

If posting here doesn't resolve it, probably going to purchase new MB/CPU/RAM as time to upgrade soon anyways.

I've attached the requested logs...
    KELNETSVR-(2020-05-14_14-23-11).zip

Any suggestions? Thanks

:)

bzowk, May 14, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, May 14, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

This BSOD happens anywhere, irrespective of BitDefender. It takes place even when the antivirus is MSE in case of Windows 7. The most common cause is an expired trial or a cracked installation. Some examples:

We are on our way of troubleshooting. If the uninstallation and reinstallation does not work, we will take the next step.

I, in general, know what I am doing and what I am suggesting. If I feel that I am unable to control the issue, I will definitely ask for help.

Thema:

1. Random BSOD - Seems SSD Looses Power?!? - Similar Threads - Random BSOD Seems

2. Multiple seemingly random BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple seemingly random BSODs: I went to my friends house for 3 days and left the computer on during that time. When I returned I noticed that I receive multiple BSODs for seemingly no reason.I have tried some commands in cmd prompt like: "sfc /scannow" and "chkdsk" along with dism. I have also ran the...
  3. Multiple seemingly random BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple seemingly random BSODs: I went to my friends house for 3 days and left the computer on during that time. When I returned I noticed that I receive multiple BSODs for seemingly no reason.I have tried some commands in cmd prompt like: "sfc /scannow" and "chkdsk" along with dism. I have also ran the...
  4. Multiple seemingly random BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD seemingly randomly

ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD seemingly randomly: My new PC keeps BSOD-ing every couple of days. I get a few different messages, the last few are: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL APC INDEX MISMATCH ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY In all caseses ntoskrnl.exe is identified as the culprit. The...
  6. Seemingly Random BSOD's

Seemingly Random BSOD's: Hi everyone, I've had a problem for a while with my computer where it seems to randomly Blue Screen. I've been trying to figure out what's been going on for a while when I was finally directed to the Event Viewer. Here was the latest BSOD error I had. The computer has...
  7. Seemingly random BSOD's with a variety of codes

Seemingly random BSOD's with a variety of codes: Hi. This is my first post on these forums, and I've endeavoured to make sure it meets the requirements, but please let me know if this isn't the case. I'm running Windows 10 Version 1903, and my system specs are in my profile. I've had BSOD issues since building my PC last...
  8. Seemingly random BSOD's

Seemingly random BSOD's: Hey! So I made a new build back in September, and have been getting what seems to be random BSOD's since. It varies, but it happens once or twice a day, on average. It might be a coincidence, but it does not seem to happen while gaming. I have tried updating various drivers...
  9. Seemingly Random BSoD

Seemingly Random BSoD: Hello, I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows 10 and...
  10. Three kinds of BSOD's, seems random

Three kinds of BSOD's, seems random: Hi all and thanks for this awesome forum. English is not my native language so I hope that I'm able to explain things so that you can understand me *Smile Please feel free to ask me anything if I forget to tell you something or if you have additional questions. This is a...